lauren's juddd journey to ten stone...

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hey everyone,

Long story short is I've been yoyo-ing back and forth various diets for the past few months, binging and quitting at the first hurdle, promising myself a restart day after day, and each day being heavier than the previous and my starting weight just keeps climbing higher and higher!

I'm now around the 13st mark, will know for definite tomorrow morning when I have my dreaded weigh in! My goal weight is between 9.7st and 10st - I've been there before and am determined to get there again!!

I've input my details into the calculator on the JUDDD site, and it's given me 2261 on UD's and 452 on DD's. I've tried Cambridge in the past and still have over 30 shakes left, so will use those on my DD's most probably.

Decided to have DD's on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and then four UD's a week. Weekends are my downfall so will be nice to have UD's Saturday & Sunday and know if I fancy a naughty then I can have it within my calories!

I'm a typical binge eater and in the past have gone through many cycles of binging, starvation, binging etc. So this is why I've come to JUDDD, I think the up day down day cycle will suit me down to the ground.

So starting tomorrow on an UD, and will weigh first thing in the morning to let you all know my starting weight :)

DAY ONE - Well I just jumped on the scales this morning, and my starting weight is bang on 13st, so 182lbs. I've got a long way to go until I reach goal, but I'm determined to get there!

Today's my first day and an UD. I've had a nasty chest infection and the flu since Thursday, haven't been this poorly in a long time, and my appetite is pretty much non existent because it hurts so much to swallow any type of food with my throat being red raw. So think I'll be drinking plenty of coffee today, warm drinks seem to be helping, but not sure what I fancy in the way of food.. My UD allowance is 2261, seems so much! Gonna make sure I get plenty of fruits & veggies in within that amount and hopefully they'll help give my immune system a boost too and send this bug packing!

Will update later this evening!

Good luck Lauren, I hope JUDDD is the one for you. It sounds so interesting and I'm considering it for when I finish slim and save so I'll be seeing how the newbies get on over here. X

Thank you :) I haven't actually stuck to plan today, I was a bit doubtful and unsure what diet to follow, and only within the last half hour have decided to stick with JUDDD thanks to a couple of the members on here. It's an UD for me today anyway, and pretty sure I haven't come close to consuming my calorie allowance yet, so fingers crossed I'll be okay. DD tomorrow - eeeeesh!

I'm sure you'll be fine to have today as your first UD. I can't get my head round having that many calories, but it really does work and makes sense really doesn't it, indulge one day, cut back the next, simple!
It sounds perfect because you know that whatever you want is only a day away, rather than weeks or months and you'll be fine on your DD because you've done a VLCD but don't have to feel trapped by it because it's only one day. X

Yeah exactly :) the DD is basically the same as Cambridge, and I managed a few consecutive days on that so should be fine with a DD knowing there's an UD straight after. It does seem strange, that's what made me feel skeptical is that high calorie allowances on UD's, but it's worth a try, and if it works for me then I'll be so relieved! x

Definitely worth giving it a good try! I'm sure you'll do fab hun. I guess it's about making the most of your UD then enjoying a bit of a food break on your DD whilst being safe in the knowledge that you can enjoy the next day. I love that people are getting results from having the whole weekend as UDs! X

I can't wait to be able to EAT on weekends and not be riddled with guilt afterwards! Their always my downfall, my OH eats loads and we're both off work every weekend, and my LO gets us up at 6am so Saturdays and Sunday's are always long days and I get so hungry. So I'm relieved that they'll both be UD's :)

I'm gonna make sure to get plenty of fruit, veggies, protein and fibre in on my UD's though, and not just consume pure crappy food for the whole day. Then I'll let myself have a treat in the evening so long as I've done well through the course of the day! x

Sounds like a brilliant plan! X

Ps. Guilt free eating?? What's that? :D

Haha I know! I've been on a constant binge for the last six months, and think part of the reason is that most of the diets I've tried I'm not allowed chocolate or treats etc, and not being able to have them makes me want them even more! Now I'll be able to have them on UD's, so hoping that in itself keeps me on plan :) x

The JUDDD calculator is giving me 2261 on UD's and 452 on DD's - does everyone think it'll be safe for me to lower my UD's to an even 2000 and my DD's up to 500? That averages at 1350kcals a day which I'd be happy with.

Yep 500/2000 is perfect, its the DD that are really important, they are the Magic days, make sure you stick to them and you will be fine, do your best to stick to your UP cals, not enough will stall you, don't worry if you go over most UP days can be sorted out with a good DD, hope you enjoy it x

Hi Lauren!
I'm on holiday at the moment but I think when I'm back I'm going to start JUDDD too, just for a change!
That will hopefully fix my week of up days!!
Keep with it this week so you can give me a positive start next week ;-)

DT x

start - 12.7 current - 11.3 target 9.10

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Hi Lauren!
I'm on holiday at the moment but I think when I'm back I'm going to start JUDDD too, just for a change!
That will hopefully fix my week of up days!!
Keep with it this week so you can give me a positive start next week ;-)

DT x

start - 12.7 current - 11.3 target 9.10

Ooooh hello stranger :)
Hope you're enjoying your holiday! & would be lovely to see you over on the JUDDD forums. DD for me tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll get through it! x

Back