Leaders stopping meetings

Loser85

Gold Member
Got a phone call from my leader yesterday saying last week was her last meeting. She couldnt take the WW stuff on top of a full time job which is fair enough. Thing is its taken me about 8 months to finally get back in the right mind set to diet. (had nearly a week of sticking to pp allowance) For me thats huge right now. Shes been so supportive of me the past few months and the thought of going to a different group and leader kinda scares me a bit! Do i just pull up my big girl panties and get on with it? Dont want to stop when i've finally got started.

Got a phone call from my leader yesterday saying last week was her last meeting. She couldnt take the WW stuff on top of a full time job which is fair enough. Thing is its taken me about 8 months to finally get back in the right mind set to diet. (had nearly a week of sticking to pp allowance) For me thats huge right now. Shes been so supportive of me the past few months and the thought of going to a different group and leader kinda scares me a bit! Do i just pull up my big girl panties and get on with it? Dont want to stop when i've finally got started.

I think you should just go to a new meeting, you never know, you might find a leader who is even better than this one! X

Don't give up the same thing happened to me and I spent three months gaining the weight I had lost and have now joined a new club (SW). My new leader is just fab and the people at the group have a great laugh and seem very supportive. Join a new club next week don't let the grass grow.

My friend was a SW leader and a fab one at that... But she was also a primary school teacher and a mother and wife. The amount of work she would put into each week was crazy and she got little in return and was on the verge of ruining her marriage so made the decision after less than a year to quit SW as a leader. Very difficult decision.

I also see it from your point as my aunt lost a considerable amount of weight with WW but then they took away her closest meeting and there wasn't another any closer for her so she gained some of the weight back! I say if you've got the chance to go to another meeting then do it! I moved leaders before as work commitments changed and tbh the new one was just as lovely as the previous one :) and the group just as nice xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had the exact same thing happen to me in May. Our previous leader went on maternity, another covered but the one that covered quit to spend more time at home and the maternity one hasn't come back! I ended up gaining a stone (or thereabouts) and am now back on it but I do regret going off track.

i now go to a different meeting and really enjoy it but I do miss the friends I made from my old one. It just takes some getting used to a new meeting.

but yeah my advice is get straight into another meeting and keep going, it's not worth breaking off as if you're like me you may undo all your great work.

xx

Well been to the last meeting with my leader. Changing to another meeting from next Sat morning. Apparantly her sister weighs people in that class so in her words i wont 'escape' completely!!

Well been to the last meeting with my leader. Changing to another meeting from next Sat morning. Apparantly her sister weighs people in that class so in her words i wont 'escape' completely!!

Good News that u found another meeting :) Saturday is a good day to WI too. X

Back