ProPoints Leah's losing it! weigh loss diary

leelea

Hello, my names Leah. I started weight watchers a few months ago but due to work I missed my first 2 weigh in so sort of gave up. I did however lose 4lbs in my first week :) Since then I've been calorie counting and managed to lose a stone.
I've got a holiday coming up in 5 weeks with my bf (our first together) so I'm trying really hard to lose as much as I can buy then because I don't want to feel self conscious and ultimately have a rubbish holiday because of it.
So I'm going to start a diary here and hopefully you guys can help and support me and vice versa. I've been a member of minimins for a while as I used to do sw ( lost a stone and half...then put it back on!) and found it really helpful.
So this is my first week back on it and I'm really determined to make it work this time
Sorry for the long rambling post lol
Hope you're all well :)

good luck leah... a holiday is great motivation :D Congrats on the weight you have already managed xxx

Hi there! good luck with your weight loss, I look forward to reading your diary. I'm on weight watchers (discovery points) and find it works well. :)

Hi i have being do the ww pro points diet for the last couple of months, i ahve lost over a stone but finding difficult. iI have been up and down so much with it..just getting bored with eating the same foods over and over lol

Thanks guys. I've set myself little mini goals to work towards otherwise I would find it too daunting. My first is to lose 8-10lb by my holiday :)
Does any one else do this?

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Yeah definately my first goal was to get under 160 then lose 7 pounds and my next is to get under 150 and am hoping to do that before the end of May, its nice to have things to put a tick next to lol

Karocal...I know what you mean about getting bored with the food. That's what happened to me doing sw. I find it helps to look through the mag and online for recipes and inspiration. Though I do struggle with lunches and always have the same thing. Well done or your weight loss x

Yeah I definatley like ticking things off lol
It's so much easier breaking it down like that and feeling like your achieving things. It all adds up :)

Yeah and I think it helps you appreciate every little loss as you have been able to see the change in stages :)

Yep. Have you been measuring your self too? Iv been doing it but not really writing it down which isn't helpful. I'm going to start measuring every week after I WI

I had old measurements from october from when I attempted to diet but it didnt work and and from a month ago so it was nice to see a difference in those even if it was small. I was thinking about doing measurements every month as I currently weigh myself every fortnight, if I do it every week I end up jumping on the scale every day and then losing the diet lol. I have to buy a measuring tape though as I lost the other one hahaha :D

Yh every month would be a better idea because you might see more of a difference than from week to week. I don't know how you manage to only weigh in every 2 weeks. I'm a compulsive weigher lol but I've tried really hard not to jump on this week until Monday so its going to be a complete shock

Haha neither do I it was really hard to resist the temptation at first but it's been six weeks now and getting into the routine of every other Friday weigh ins. Ooh good luck for Monday hope it goes well :D

I'm another fan of mini-goals. Overall I hope to lose approx 3.5 stone (ish) from my starting weight but I always set my goal at half a stone at a time. I'm use WW online and find that works really well for me. Thinking about 3.5 stone is just too overwhelming, 7lbs at a time is achievable and I LOVE the feeling of meeting it.

Well done for avoiding the scales - I'm a nightmare and my compulsion seems to be increasing lol.

Good luck!

Hi,

Yep I think mini-goals pretty essential! I joined up to 'May challenge' thread to lose 8lbs in May- great support. Best of luck for starting again! Sounds like you've got excellent motivation :)

7lb goals are really good :) very achievable but enough to make a difference :)

I might have to join that thread too as that's my goal before my holiday in June :)

I've just been watching supersize vs superskinny...it makes me so sad. It's so strange that we depend on food to help us deal with things x

Thought I would put up my food for yesterday :)

Breakfast: cheerios w/milk - 6pp

Mid morning:
Cereal bar - 2pp
Cuppa soup - 1 pp

Lunch ( a bit late. Didn't have it until 3pm)
Bread - 2pp
Egg - 2 pp
2x Bacon - 6pp
(thought the bacon was 1pp so got a bit of a shock when I put it through the calc AFTER I had eaten it. School boy error)
Malteasers - 5pp

Dinner:
WW chicken hotpot - 6pp
Carrots - 0pp
Mushrooms - 0pp
Sugar free jelly - 0pp
Curly wurly - 2pp (only had half)

Dailies used: 29/29
Weeklies: 3pp

Just made some zero point
Carrot, pepper and butternut squash soup, it was sooo tasty.
I also made courgette, pea and mint soup which is 4pp so that's my lunches sorted out for the week :)

Saturday :(

Breakfast:
Cheerios - 5pp
Cereal bar - 2pp
Curly wurly - 3pp

Lunch:
Zero point soup
Curly wurly - 3
Vimto lolly x 3 - 3pp

Not a great day food wise. Just wanted to snack all day hence the 2 curly wurlys and Vimto lollys and the soup really filled me up.
I then went out the see john bishop perform so sort of forgot about tea and by the time I got home it was too late to eat.

Dailies used: 16/29 :/

Just been trying on my holiday clothes and I'm so excited. It's made me more determined to lose s bit more weight before I go.
How is every one doing this weekend?x

Back