Leeks!!

Browsie

Silver Member
I won the raffle at class which included a pack of leeks. Other than leek and potato soup I have no clue what to do with them. Any ideas?

Thanks

What about putting them in a cottage pie, or steamed on a Sunday roast. bacon mash potato, leeks and peas with a little parsley sauce is a fave meal of mine

Pete’s Glamorgan Sausages (V) (2013)

(Poor man’s meatless sausages)

Serves 2

Ingredients
1 leek, cut in half (s) (sff)
1Tbsp dried parsley
1Tbsp English mustard
2 Eggs (ff)
4x 400g slices of stale bread (2Heb/2=1Heb per person)
S & P

Method

Place the stale bread in a microwave & cook until fully dry, then place in a mini chopper & reduce to breadcrumbs, place in a large bowl.
Cut the leek into 4cm pieces, chop finely in the mini chopper, and place in the bowl.
Add the parsley, mustard & eggs in the bowl & mix all ingredients together, season to taste.
Layout Clingfilm & place a quantity of the mix on the Clingfilm & roll into a sausage shape, (6 small ones or 4 large ones) place in the freezer & freeze, remove & cook when required, turning until all sides are browned.

Glamorgan Sausage (2013) (Small).JPG

Chicken and leek risotto! Mmmm

Diced chicken
Leeks
Onion
Garlic
Stock
Philly light
Risotto rice

Sweat onion garlic and leeks, add chicken and brown, add risotto rice for a few mins to soak up any juice, gradually add stock until rice cooked, stir through a bit of Philly

I really like leeks mixed in with cauliflower cheese, the oniony flavour compliments the cheese nicely and it's not overpowering. There are many SW friendly cheese sauces on here that would work perfectly with it.

Back