Leg Cramps

Sedalia

I have been getting these at night. I have started putting a pinch of salt in my shakes however, I don't think this is enough. Is it safe to take potassium supplements?

Oh that doesnt sound good....leg cramps can be attributed to not drinking enough water - cos I used to get them before LT and havent got them since I started drinking 3 to 4 ltrs a day....it would be worth chatting to your chemist to see what they think

Last edited:
I have had them too leg cramps , are you drinking enough ?

I drink 4-5 litres a day how can I possibly drink more?

I might like to add that I have also been feeling very weak lately like I have no energy. I have stuck rigidly to lipotrim diet so far.

There is an upper limit on water also....Icemoose who is a CDC posted some guidance a while back will try to find it....and that might help.

the max water intake is 6 litres for girls, 8 litres for boys :)
cant help with the cramps though, I guess we all get different side effects

I am just worried that it might be a potassium deficit because that girl died on LL earler this year from lacking potassium. Hence my question if it was safe to take potassium supplements?

Aaah I hadnt heard about that. I think you should call LT tomorrow and ask them for advice - they start at 9.30am I think, here is the number: 0800 413735

Think you might have to go see your doctor to be on the safe side , i know being on a VCLD does have a srain on the body . With the leg cramp , try applying cold pack to the muscle or hot bath , try walking on the effected leg , massaging the muscle if it playing up most nights they say potassium in your diet , but if you feel weak you dont want that leading to fainting .

Reactions: Bea
Thats good advice....

I am just worried that it might be a potassium deficit because that girl died on LL earler this year from lacking potassium. Hence my question if it was safe to take potassium supplements?

OMG didnt hear that....was not following diet correctly....the packs are designed and approved by the Health Authorities to contain all the right amount of vits and supps???

Yes go see someone who really knows , i dont really know much about LT but i guess they will check you over . You will be ok , just dont leave things

Here is the story:

Diet warning as slimmer dies

Sunday, November 5, 2006

An obesity expert has questioned a crash diet after a woman of 25 died after losing 63kg (10st) in six months.

Matilda Callaghan (pictured) was living on just 500 calories a day – 1,500 less than the normal intake.

Under direction from diet firm LighterLife, she dropped from 209kg (33st) to 146kg (23st). Her daily food was three sachets of powder mixed with water.

Miss Callaghan, of Hampstead, North London, died in hospital of a fatal heart arrhythmia in January.

Her mother, Patricia Callaghan, confronted Lighter- Life boss Bar Hewlett at the inquest into her death, blaming the diet for her child's erratic weight loss.

Camden coroner Dr Andrew Reid recorded an unascertained verdict after being told that rapid weight loss can kill.

Last night obesity expert Prof John Garrow said 500 calories a day was risky and anyone on a diet should eat at least 800.

He added: 'It is almost certain this young lady's death was caused by damage to her heart due to rapid weight loss.'

He added that dieting too fast can reduce the lean tissue in the heart.

LighterLife founder Ms Hewlett insisted her diets were safe, adding that Miss Callaghan had been obese since the age of 12 and could have died at any time.

Just had a fight with a wasp , yes i won hehe . Thank-you Bea ... good loss for you well done !

I guess for anyone to lose 10stone in 6 months so a shock to the body

Whats up with me today i mean its a shock to kill anyone losing 10 stone in 6 months

Hmmm thanks for posting that Charlotte, thats interesting... but as she was 33st to start with her heart must have been in a seriously bad state, having that much weight to support.

One of the reasons I chose LT rather than the others was that its used in hospital clinics and by GPs... gives me a little more peace of mind when other people slate the diet.

I am sorry, I never meant to scare anyone. In fact I've ended up scaring myself! I now know why I feel weak, damn TOTM came on unexpectedly today and I always feel rough before that. Thanks for your replies, honestly I never meant to scare anyone. I am just a hypochondriac!

Bless you Charlotte, you've no need to apologise!!! And dont be scared, just get it checked out to put your mind at rest :)

Back