leg cramps

cherylxx

Silver Member
ive noticed i seem to be getting painful leg cramps in bed a lot lately (the type that make u jump out of bed and hop around like a lunatic).
it is getting to be a regular thing now. I seem to get it at least two or three times a week.
any ideas as to the reasons. could it be associated with CD? i thought it was the exercise at first but havent done much exercise in the last 2 weeks and its still as bad as ever.

It is so common on the diet, everyone gets them, its the lack of salt and apparently i heard that its the water passing through your muscle?

Im not sure what u can get for them though. They will pass, its my 4th week and i cant remember the last time i hopped around my bedroom lol. x

could that be the same with pains in your side like in ya abdoman?? (cant spell sorry) xxx

ty unreal.
im already on week 12 and it only seems to be getting more frequent.
i am getting it at least a few times a week and last night was the worst yet. my calf muscle is soooo sore now that im limping.
it wont make me quit though. ive come this far, theres no going back, forwards only now. :)

I too have been plagued with this for the past three or four weeks - and I'm on Week 18! Its not something I've ever suffered with before so guess it has to be salt deficiency.

Any CDCs out there with ideas??

Oops sorry!! I didnt realise (or pay attention haha) how far along u were!! Gawd I guess I have more to come then.

GGGRRREAAATT!!!

I dont know how to rid of them - how much water r u drinking - alot?

lol unreal.
im drinking around 4 -4.5 litres now. i was drinking about 5-6 but ive lowered that as i was constantly thirsty and think i was flushing my system too much so lowered it a few weeks ago.
doesnt seem to have made any difference either way about the cramps.
think hubby thought there was a fire last night when i quickly (and loudly) jumped out of bed and started running round. lol

Haha i can just imagine it! Its so horrid isnt it there is nothing you can do it's such a weird sensation (hmm sensations ofgs!!)

How about a hot blanket to relax your muscles or you could even ask at the pharmacy about getting rid - i bet there's loads of info on the net.

xxx

lol @ sensations. more of a roses or black magic woman myself.
i have to go to town tomorrow anyway so gonna ask at boots about any possible remedies. (wont be buying any sensations though, lol)

i've been told that it's your body telling you to up your water intake. so glug glug glug some more sorry

its just the lack of salt in the diet, and drinking more water should help this. when you feel a cramp coming on rub it vigorously that seems to work for me, because the heat caused by the rubbing warms the muscle and relaxes the cramp xx

thanx for the replies everyone.
i cant possibly drink more water as i start to get really dry and thirsty if i drink too much (obviously flushing too much out and possibly how i got like this in the first place) but i am going to be spreading my drinks out more throughout the day (if possible).
also gonna try adding a small amount of salt to soups

Cramps can be caused by low potassium levels, so if you're going to try adding salt use LOSalt - that is 50:50 NaCl and KCl, so will top up potassium as well.
Let us know if it works.
x hazel

thanx for the replies everyone.
i cant possibly drink more water as i start to get really dry and thirsty if i drink too much (obviously flushing too much out and possibly how i got like this in the first place) but i am going to be spreading my drinks out more throughout the day (if possible).
also gonna try adding a small amount of salt to soups

My CDC mentioned something about something called Crampex - I've looked it up and you can order it online, but I'm not sure if we are allowed to take it or not?

I've been getting these recently too ('m on LL). The moment I feel the cramp starting (i.e. when it wakes me up!) I tense the muscle that is going into spasm. This relieves the crap and often stops it. Maybe this will help for others too,

Back