Lemon in LL

Rafaella

Hi everyone!
I´m in my second week in LL and I don´t understand why we cant have lemon. My counsellor said that it stops burning fat but in fact I grew up believing that it actually burns fat! I just cant stand fish without lemon. Do you think I wont lose weight if I use some drops in my food?

Thank so much and good luck!

hi lemon has citric acid in it which can take you out of ketosis which is why its not allowed!!! good luck!!

As a bit of a science nerd I did a lot of research into this on the net. It appears that it can effect ketosis by upsetting something called the krebs cycle. From other forums I've read citric acid seems to have varying effects for different people. Some other diet plans that work the same way as LL actually let you have it. I tried it and it seems that as long as I don't have too much I was ok and still in ketosis. I guess it is probably best just sticking to the rules! I seem to struggle with rules :)

Thankyou for all your responses, I am on day 3 and just to a ketosix and I'm In ketosis yayyy! But I'm really not keen on the food packs I can eat the shakes and some of the soups but the chilli and the shepherds pie are vile, I really want a bar but worried that it will as you all say affect my weight loss in my first weight in! Do any of you guys only have the same couple of packs! Does it get boring? Xxx

Back