Length of SS

loveablemonkey

Hi! It seems as though people are on SS as long as it takes to get to goal (or close), but it says max 12 weeks in the CD booklets (I think)...so can you actually go over this length of time if you are still over 25 BMI? (I'm being a bit premature, I'm only in week 3, but I'm being hopeful that I can make it that long!)

Hanna x

After 12 weeks you need to do a week on a higher plan ie 810 then you can go back to SS for a further 12 weeks if necessary!

ah brill - that week will be a good week!!! :)

I've just started the cd today and I'm a little hungry and craving food but other wise ok felt a bit dizzy earlyer I'm on my 6th pint of water going to bed now

Also my CDC says I have to move to 810 once I hit one stone above a BMI of 25.
Some CDCs let you SS all the way down to 25, but mine plays by the rules.

I was gutted about it but now seeing the 810 losses, I'm looking forward to moving up the stages and relearning food x

i asked my CDC about the other plans and how long im on each ect. she gave me all the booklets to look through and said i can SS until i reach healthy BMI and then work my way through plans to stablise and maintain. im still a way off yet with 6 stone to go but i thought it was really helpful of her to give me the other booklets as these will also help me if i have a bad day and need something more, tho im not planning on having anything more lol but best to plan just in case :) x

I never heard of any of this before - I have a BMI of just over 25 and I intend to stick to SS until I reach goal (just under another 2 stone to go) - my CDC has never said that this may be a problem - why should it be?

Rorah said:
I never heard of any of this before - I have a BMI of just over 25 and I intend to stick to SS until I reach goal (just under another 2 stone to go) - my CDC has never said that this may be a problem - why should it be?

Yeah this is a bug bear of mine
My CDC plays by the rules, hence me having to come off SS one stone above a BMI of 25 as that what CD dictates but I know of numerous CDCs who let you SS until target. Not sure how they get away with it with CD monitoring them but will know more once I become a CDC!

Back