LENT: 40 days and 40 nights without....?

LadyJo

Silver Member
hello all,
well lent starts on the 13th of this month and i was wondering if anyone else is going to give up something? i dont eat as much chocolate as before i started cc i ate loadsssss, now i have a little bit but it tends to be way too often so im giving up chocolate!!!!

anyone else?????????????????????

Hey I would love to join u, I'm so angry with myself. I've been binging on chocolate all day and on a normal day at least quarter of my calories go on chocolate , I'm so addicted but don't know how to stop wanting it. Agh help ! X

I will give up alchol and eat less meat. I used to give up coffe and tea too but don't do that anymore.Have cut down on caffeine anyway :) Good luck everyone. x

Hey I would love to join u, I'm so angry with myself. I've been binging on chocolate all day and on a normal day at least quarter of my calories go on chocolate , I'm so addicted but don't know how to stop wanting it. Agh help ! X

Lisa I feel your pain : ( I love chocolate, I never get sick of it.. And I can easily use my daily calorie allowance on it when I have pmt..
The trouble is at that time of the month I can't stop.. I really can't.
I'm not the type of person who can have a fun size bar, or two squares of choc per night, an open bar is a finished bar. I need it gone. It's a true addiction. I am due on this weekend and really went ott on choc yesterday luckily within calorie allowance but nothing left for meals : 0
I haven't had any today, and I think I'm ok if I don't start. I think I'm going to try taking vitamin b and attempt to quit chocolate for lent. The vitamin b is meant to help suppress urge for choc.. But even if it's mind over matter, I'm willing to try. As i waste so many calories on it!!

hotsue67 said:
Lisa I feel your pain : ( I love chocolate, I never get sick of it.. And I can easily use my daily calorie allowance on it when I have pmt..
The trouble is at that time of the month I can't stop.. I really can't.
I'm not the type of person who can have a fun size bar, or two squares of choc per night, an open bar is a finished bar. I need it gone. It's a true addiction. I am due on this weekend and really went ott on choc yesterday luckily within calorie allowance but nothing left for meals : 0
I haven't had any today, and I think I'm ok if I don't start. I think I'm going to try taking vitamin b and attempt to quit chocolate for lent. The vitamin b is meant to help suppress urge for choc.. But even if it's mind over matter, I'm willing to try. As i waste so many calories on it!!

You sound like me. I could have written your post. It really is an addiction. I guess it is the sugar in it. If I didn't have chocolate I suppose I'd get used to it. It probably takes a while to get out of your system. I'm sure my body will be like 'hey what's going on '. They were saying on the wright stuff yesterday about how addictive sugar is, did you see it ? X

You sound like me. I could have written your post. It really is an addiction. I guess it is the sugar in it. If I didn't have chocolate I suppose I'd get used to it. It probably takes a while to get out of your system. I'm sure my body will be like 'hey what's going on '. They were saying on the wright stuff yesterday about how addictive sugar is, did you see it ? X

It could be the sugar thing generally coz mainly it's carbs I want.. But to be honest when I need chocolate I will eat loads of other sweet stuff hoping the the craving passes but only chocolate actually hits the spot! So I may as well of just eaten the chocolate straight away and not wasted those other calories!
It's the texture and everything!! Oooohhh!!

I work for a choc company so I'm surrounded and I used to be sick of the sight of it but the last time I had my totm I ate nearly a whole tin of celebrations and since then I've had some sort of choc everyday!!! Today Was a little dairy milk, yesterday 2 eclair chocs day before that a kit Kat chunky!!!!

I would love to be able to give up chocolate but i love it so much, i actually enjoy eating it so i'm not sure if i want too give it up completely. I probably would benefit from cutting down a bit though. I might try to have 2 chocolate free days a week so start off, eventually working up to 4 or 5.

I could even give the scales up for Lent! That would be nice getting on at the end with a bigger loss than iv probably ever seen in one time!

I would love to be able to give up chocolate but i love it so much, i actually enjoy eating it so i'm not sure if i want too give it up completely. I probably would benefit from cutting down a bit though. I might try to have 2 chocolate free days a week so start off, eventually working up to 4 or 5.

I could even give the scales up for Lent! That would be nice getting on at the end with a bigger loss than iv probably ever seen in one time!

That's a really good idea!! Giving up scales for lent and hoping to lose a certain amount! I don't know if I could, it would definatley be a challenge!!!! Am i right in counting it ends 25th march? That's like 4 weigh ins I would not have.

Chocolate has been broken again today, a chocolate fudge kit Kat chunky argh!!!

All this chocolate talk is making my mouth water!! lol

And Lady Jo, I couldnt work for a chocolate company! Id live on the stuff!! :17729:

I dont know what I could give up for lent, but got me thinking now. Im liking the sound of giving up scales though! :)

Hope you're all having a good weekend

LadyJo said:
That's a really good idea!! Giving up scales for lent and hoping to lose a certain amount! I don't know if I could, it would definatley be a challenge!!!! Am i right in counting it ends 25th march? That's like 4 weigh ins I would not have.

31st March is Easter Day, so that's when Lent ends. :) xx

Oh yum yum, they are gorgeous! My favourite is hazlenut though. I don't really like coconut anyway so didn't try that one, and the mint one was rubbish even though i love anything minty usually!

chocolate_bananas said:
Oh yum yum, they are gorgeous! My favourite is hazlenut though. I don't really like coconut anyway so didn't try that one, and the mint one was rubbish even though i love anything minty usually!

I really want to try the hazelnut one. I was hoping you would say it tastes horrid. X

I really want to try the hazelnut one. I was hoping you would say it tastes horrid. X

I couldn't really taste the hazelnut wasn't strong enough for me I loooove hazelnut taste mmmm the mint one I liked! Coconut wasn't very coconutty... The only way you'll know is to try them!!! X

My brother bought all four, we cut them up into four pieces & had a quarter of each,each. So 1 bar per person but got to try them all :) I liked the coconut but the hazelnut was a bit sickly? Mint was just like a mint aero!
I'm going to give up fizzy drinks, never used to drink them & doubt they are helping my weight loss. I have at least one a day so as of wed they are gone - I'm interested to see if it'll help with weight loss too!

I've got myself some vitamin b as its meant to help with the choc cravings : ) and help release energy from the food we eat so I'm ready to attempt 40 days and nights choc free! I've filled up today with chocolate even though I wasn't craving it.. That sounds a stupid thing to do but I was kind of trying to stock up!! As well as a couple of pancakes : 0
I will be allowing the odd desert that might be chocolate flavoured to slip in if I'm out for a meal but no bars or biscuits or cream eggs etc ... Mm cream eggs are a weakness. I can eat 4 in one sitting!! Anyway.. Good luck guys with your pledges for lent!!

How are everyone's lent challenges going??

I'm day 4 no chocolate! It's been a toughie! Didn't think I ate that much but now I miss it!!!

Also no scales for lent! I'm meant to weigh in on Wednesday but I won't be. I'm proud of myself for not slipping at all thinking that WI is far away. I want a good loss and gonna work hard every day for it!!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing!!!

Back