Extra Easy lentil soup - free or HEb?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kizzib, 11 November 2009 Social URL.

1. kizzib

kizzib Full Member

Hi I've just joined SW and I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to do EE. My consultant said lentil soup was free on EE but the food diary online has it down as a HEb and I've already used my HEb for today.

If it's a HEb, what am I going to have for lunch? I always have either lentil soup or a sandwich...argh!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nikki299

nikki299 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.77%)
    Diet:
    WW pro points
    As far as i know homemade lentil soup would be free, but canned stuff would have to be synned or a heb. Hope that is right,i'm sure someone else will confirm shortly.
    I also have lentil soup at lunch on EE and count it as free, so hope i am right!

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, that is right..homemade is free, but there are tins that would either have to be synned, or used as a HeB.
    If you have the magazine this month, I can recommend the SW scotch broth on EE day....absolutely delicious and free!

5. kizzib

kizzib Full Member

I get it from a bakers shop (not greggs) and they advertise it as 'homemade' so I guess it would be free then!

ooooh scotch broth! I've bought the mag but haven't read it, will definitely look into that!

Thanks x

Last edited: 11 November 2009
  6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately you can't assume that it is syn free without knowing how they make it. It's possible that they will use butter to fry the onions in or add milk/cream at the end, both of which would add to the syn value. So If you want to have this I suggest you have a word with them just to make sure. But if I were you I really would start making your own lunch to bring with you as you'll know for sure what syns you're eating and you'll save money as well! You'll get a huge pot of lentil soup for what you'll pay for serving in a shop. And you should really think about introducing a variety of foods rather than have the same every day, as this is the number one thing that successful slimmers do.

Good luck!

7. kizzib

kizzib Full Member

thanks for the advice. I do plan to have more variety, I've got a tesco delivery coming tonight so that will help with meal planning :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.