Les Miserables

The whole world (okay slight exageration there but you know what I mean) seems to be talking about Les Mis.

Has anyone seen it yet? Is it as amazing as they say?

I saw it yesterday afternoon...it was fab!! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to film adaptations of musicals. Russell Crowe should never be allowed to sing though. Fact. I even had a few weepy moments, and you could hear lots of tissues rustling and noses being blown quietly, lol, which is probably quite a good indication :)

Havent seen the movie yet. I love Les Mis saw it live when Colm Wilkinson was it in. Would love to have seen Michael Ball live in it. Canr wait to see the movie but ill waut till its not so crowded xx

I've seen the show in London twice - it's hubbys thing not really mine but I still appreciated the production as it was magnificent.

Went to the flix to see the film yesterday afternoon (didn't see you there Sian :D) and it was absolutely fantabulous. Most highly recommended.

I have to disagree with you about Russell Crowe - OK he's no singer but his performance wasn't bad at all. The two I think should've mimed were Helena Bonham Carter & Ali G (real name won't quite come to me just now) - they were a bit cringey in places.

I like Ann Hathaway anyway but thought her whole performance was superb and that gorgeous young Cosette (her first ever real acting role) was excellent.

The audience broke out in roaring applause at the end - the first time I've been in a cinema when that happend.

I had no gripe with Russell Crowe's acting role in it, just his singing. Stars and Javert's suicide are two of my favourite songs from the show, and unfortuantely (in my opinion only) he just didn't give the songs the oomph and emotion they need :) It won't stop me buying it on DVD though when it comes out!

I actually quite liked Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thernadiers...funny how we're all different isn't it :)

I've seen it and absolutely loved it. I'm going to see it again tomorrow! I've never seen the stage version, the story has never appealed, but the film was fantastic.

I've seen it and absolutely loved it. I'm going to see it again tomorrow! I've never seen the stage version, the story has never appealed, but the film was fantastic.

It's well worth seeing on stage, especially as you've watched the film and enjoyed the story :)

I've seen the show in London and loved it. I really want to go see the film! I am trying to convince the OH that it's a manly historical action film (and not mentioning that it has singing!) so he'll take me, hah!

I've seen the show in London and loved it. I really want to go see the film! I am trying to convince the OH that it's a manly historical action film (and not mentioning that it has singing!) so he'll take me, hah!

:8855: If you manage to pull that one off I'll seriously laugh my head off! The poor man will realise about 1 minute in that there's a lot of singing! ;) xx

I had no gripe with Russell Crowe's acting role in it, just his singing. Stars and Javert's suicide are two of my favourite songs from the show, and unfortuantely (in my opinion only) he just didn't give the songs the oomph and emotion they need :) It won't stop me buying it on DVD though when it comes out!

I actually quite liked Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thernadiers...funny how we're all different isn't it :)

I thought the Thernadiers were hilarious & HBC & SBC acting made it so, but personally I found their bum notes outnumbered & were more noticable than Crowe's.
Sian, I'm no way, no how as passionate as you obvoiously are about this show and I can appreciate you really felt quite slighted about him not doing justice to your 2 fave songs.

Tell you what, as I'm generally not a Crowe fan (with his shifty eyes) lets find him and slap him around the face with a wet kipper until he gets it right - deal?

I thought the Thernadiers were hilarious & HBC & SBC acting made it so, but personally I found their bum notes outnumbered & were more noticable than Crowe's.
Sian, I'm no way, no how as passionate as you obvoiously are about this show and I can appreciate you really felt quite slighted about him not doing justice to your 2 fave songs.

Tell you what, as I'm generally not a Crowe fan (with his shifty eyes) lets find him and slap him around the face with a wet kipper until he gets it right - deal?

:8855: Hahahaha!! Sounds like a plan Batman! :D xx

It's well worth seeing on stage, especially as you've watched the film and enjoyed the story :)

Its on my list to see now! I love shows, was just never sure about the story. Now I've seen the film, I can imagine the stage version is fantastic.

I've never seen the stage show but really want to see the film... Hugh Jackman, that's all I have to say on the matter!

I may have to dig out and resurrect the Hotties thread from ages ago, I may have to reappraise my original list of hotties as I've only recently 'found' Hugh Jackman in that light!

Havent seen the movie yet. I love Les Mis saw it live when Colm Wilkinson was it in. Would love to have seen Michael Ball live in it. Canr wait to see the movie but ill waut till its not so crowded xx

I saw it when Colm Wilkinson was in it too, he actually plays the Bishop in the film.

I thought it was amazing, I agree that Russell Crowe's singing wasn't great but it didn't take anything away from the film itself. Even my hubby, who took me for my birthday, agreed that it was very impressive and he really enjoyed it - he normally hates musicals with a passion so I was quite pleased :)

The audience also burst into applause at the end which felt really weird!

If you've seen the film and enjoyed it, you MUST go see the stage show - the whole atmosphere is amazing.

I saw it when Colm Wilkinson was in it too, he actually plays the Bishop in the film.

I thought it was amazing, I agree that Russell Crowe's singing wasn't great but it didn't take anything away from the film itself. Even my hubby, who took me for my birthday, agreed that it was very impressive and he really enjoyed it - he normally hates musicals with a passion so I was quite pleased :)

The audience also burst into applause at the end which felt really weird!

If you've seen the film and enjoyed it, you MUST go see the stage show - the whole atmosphere is amazing.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!!! I was wondering why the Bishop looked so familiar!

I've just got back from seeing this, hate to say it but I was left slightly underwhelmed. I think mainly because it was hyped up so much, it was a good film but I think the reviews left me expecting more! I was also disappointed that I didn't cry (enjoy a good cry at a film!) but I could hear people sobbing around me, which I don't think I've experienced before!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I work in a cinema so I've not only seen the movie, I've also seen random parts of the movie more times than I can count and I've been singing 'master of the inn' and 'can you hear the people' all week...

Back