Less calories

linski24

Gold Member
Hi all
Right today is day 1 of less calories ... I have been doing 1400 cals per day but my weight loss has stalled ... The weight loss calculators I have used tell me eat between 1200-1500..., so iv lessened my cals to 1200.
I use the low GI/GL ethos.
I work shift work (nurse) so regularly get messed around with food and regular eating .!!
I run 2-3 times a week .. Only 3 miles and do a class once a week too ..!!
I shall eat slightly more cals on an exercise day.
A few years ago I did the low GI diet religiously and lost loads weight .. And would love to do just that .. However my brain and psychy won't let me not CC yet ... Hence why I'm here.
Will let you know how I'm getting on x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Trick is to eat low calorie foods in more volume to make you feel full.
Try not to go to overboard though as you don't want to be stretching your stomach it will only make you feel more hungry. as you will need more food to fill it. Not a good cycle.

Good things are when having a salad try not to use any premade dressings. and avoid oily dressing and high sugar content.
for such a small amount of dressing you could have loads more salad. if you use simple flavours like lemonjuice, salt pepper etc.

When having an omelete if you like them that is.
Try using eggwhites instead of the whole eggs.

typicaly around 17 calories for 1 white eggs worth. compared to 70 calories in total with the yolk.
good for bulking an omelete as you can have alot of eggs for little calories, full of protein. the fat content is laughable.

Strawberry Madness said:
Trick is to eat low calorie foods in more volume to make you feel full.
Try not to go to overboard though as you don't want to be stretching your stomach it will only make you feel more hungry. as you will need more food to fill it. Not a good cycle.

Good things are when having a salad try not to use any premade dressings. and avoid oily dressing and high sugar content.
for such a small amount of dressing you could have loads more salad. if you use simple flavours like lemonjuice, salt pepper etc.

When having an omelete if you like them that is.
Try using eggwhites instead of the whole eggs.

typicaly around 17 calories for 1 white eggs worth. compared to 70 calories in total with the yolk.
good for bulking an omelete as you can have alot of eggs for little calories, full of protein. the fat content is laughable.

Thanks for all that mate ..!!
Had a great Tuna salad for lunch .. Mixed with some lighter than light mayo ...
Homemade muesli for brekkie with strawberries abd 0% Greek yoghurt ...
Had 4 crab sticks and a boiled egg for snacks ..!!
Having a meal tonight with a chicken leg roasted with 250g cherry tomatoes abd 150g canellini beans :)
Im off to my bodytune class tonight too x

linski24 said:
Hi all
Right today is day 1 of less calories ... I have been doing 1400 cals per day but my weight loss has stalled ... The weight loss calculators I have used tell me eat between 1200-1500..., so iv lessened my cals to 1200.
I use the low GI/GL ethos.
I work shift work (nurse) so regularly get messed around with food and regular eating .!!
I run 2-3 times a week .. Only 3 miles and do a class once a week too ..!!
I shall eat slightly more cals on an exercise day.
A few years ago I did the low GI diet religiously and lost loads weight .. And would love to do just that .. However my brain and psychy won't let me not CC yet ... Hence why I'm here.
Will let you know how I'm getting on x

Good luck! Sounds very sensible too :) I'm sure it will help speed up the weight loss too. Xx

Sent from my iPhone

Had useless day yday .. With food ... Started well until
I walked through works doors at 2pm abd it all went down hill ..!!! Biccies and crisps on nurses station and I succumbed .. Despite having a meal lunch ... I had a sandwich quick around 6 but then was hungry when I got home and picked and picked until I went to bed ..!!!!!
Today is much better and even had a 5 mile run x

linski24 said:
Had useless day yday .. With food ... Started well until
I walked through works doors at 2pm abd it all went down hill ..!!! Biccies and crisps on nurses station and I succumbed .. Despite having a meal lunch ... I had a sandwich quick around 6 but then was hungry when I got home and picked and picked until I went to bed ..!!!!!
Today is much better and even had a 5 mile run x

We all have days like that unfortunately :-( Yesterday I had a massive chicken fajita wrap kit before I cooked my dinner! Where's the logic in that, I was being pure greedy haha. Today's been better though with food. Doing a 5 mile run is amazing, how long does that take? xx

Sent from my iPhone

xj-esx said:
We all have days like that unfortunately :-( Yesterday I had a massive chicken fajita wrap kit before I cooked my dinner! Where's the logic in that, I was being pure greedy haha. Today's been better though with food. Doing a 5 mile run is amazing, how long does that take? xx

Sent from my iPhone

Chicken fajita .... Yummy :))))
Run took me 55 mins .. I usually only do 3 miles in 32 mins ... But felt good today do carried on :)
X

the_last_time said:
Hi only me :) Just wondering if you're still using this...I was going to follow!

Do you know .. I had forgotten I made this :)
Well I'm doing slightly more calories but trying lower carbs and high protein ..!! Can't do no carbs ... I'd die lol but I watch them closely .. As carbs give you the insulin spike and that turns everything into fat x
Iv liost 2lbs ... :)
Xx

You have done really well. How long did it take you and how many calories are you taking daily. Although I'm older (;-() your stats are similar to mine and I'm struggling to get out of 10's to 9's

G x

gillvegas said:
You have done really well. How long did it take you and how many calories are you taking daily. Although I'm older (;-() your stats are similar to mine and I'm struggling to get out of 10's to 9's

G x

Hi.... I'm set to do 1200 .. However if I GI over I don't stress coz I do do lower carbs abd I'm focusing on keeping insulin levels low with foods that don't hike up my blood sugars.. I may have already mentioned that lol
Im 43 in October so I find It difficult to lose wright ..!! Takes me Ages ... Started losing weight with Ww last year ... Stalled after half a stone for 6 months .. Gave that up and went back to low GI and cal counting ... Now starting to see a difference :)
Xxxx

Back