Let it go....

Mummax

Hi my name is Lucy, I have been struggling with my weight since I had my son..... 11 years ago!.

A few years ago I managed to loose a few stone but once I was happy with my appearance I started letting things slide and started to regain.

My life then started to get a bit tricky, first I got ill and have to have loads of tests followed my an operation, some family members got ill, changes at work all the usual.

This year I've decided to draw a line under everything and have a more positive outlook. Not to mention the fact I realised I was going on holiday in 5 months with 2 skinny lovelies!

So what diet am I following?

This is the tricky part in the past I have done and been quite successful with slimming world and the biggest loser shakes. I live slimming world but dont have the time (or spare fiver a week) to commit. I did really well with the shakes and enjoyed how easy it was, That been said when i fell off the wagon I fell off hard!.

This time I am starting with cutting out sweet treats and making my meals healthier and smaller.

I love slimming world but i cant really afford it and dieting at a budget now so im calorie counting now :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello and welcome.

I'm an ex SW and do love the plan but as you say it can be expensive.

I've moved over to Calorie counting as there are days when SW just doesn't fit my lifestyle.

I think cutting out sweets treats and reducing your portion but make sure you have a little of what you fancy, as you don't want to run the risk of feeling deprived :)

Hello and welcome.

I'm an ex SW and do love the plan but as you say it can be expensive.

I've moved over to Calorie counting as there are days when SW just doesn't fit my lifestyle.

I think cutting out sweets treats and reducing your portion but make sure you have a little of what you fancy, as you don't want to run the risk of feeling deprived :)

Yh you're right. I found I was going over my syns alot due to wanting other foods that wernt free..where as calorie counting I can still have them and theres more freedom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Soo today was weigh in number 1..... Minus 6lb Yay. Thrilled with that, although the 1st week is always the easiest so now onto the real hard work!

Superb effort

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read/comment I really appreciate the encouragement!

So today I decided to change my weigh in day to Saturday, I've done this for a few reasons, okay mainly one Sunday Lunch! I love Sunday Lunch, my previous weigh in day Monday made me a bit nervous about having my favourite meal.

Last week my diet was a bit higgledy piggledy as I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. This week I made a plan.

The plan goes...

Monday - 1000 calories
Tuesday - Around 1000 calories (I go to my mums for tea so I'm not really in charge of food!)
Wednesday - 500 calories (based on the 5:2 system)
Thursday - 1000 calories
Friday - 500 calories
Saturday - Around 1000 calories (I'm going to try and keep it at that but I'm not going to beat myself up if I decide to have a weekend treat)
Sunday - Sort of day off (I'm going to enjoy my Sunday lunch without worrying including pudding. But not indulge else where.)

I am also using a couple of apps, the first one is S health which is a health app that came on my phone. I really only use this to keep a track on my calorie intake. Now the 2nd one I was a bit dubious about, It's a hypnotherapy app DM easy weight loss. I don't know if it is working, if I was already in the right mindset or just the thought of it possibly working is working, but all I know is I feel much more focused and positive than I have in a long time, not to mention the fact a lot less hungry. Last night was a fast day, I had scrambled eggs for tea then had no problem watching my son and husband munch their way though a take out pizza!

So after my lengthy ramblings the weigh in.....

-3lb Yay!!

And here's hoping for another successful week :) Good luck everyone :553:

What a great start mummax! ! At this rate you'll be in the skinny mini club on your hols!! X

WEEK 3

So it's that time of the week again... weigh in day, I say that like I dread it, the truth is since I have no self restraint I do what I know every diet expert out there tells you not to, I weigh myself every day. :ashamed0005:

Let me explain myself. Weighing everyday helps me keep focus, keeping me on track if I'm loosing and giving me a kick if I'm not. It also stops the crushing disappointment of thinking I've done well, only to discover that I haven't on the day. Which will definitely lead to binge eating for me. anyway enough about me and my shameful weighing habits ( I wont mention I sometimes weigh before bed too!).

On to this weeks round up.

All in all I think I've had a good week food wise, no real slip up's. Although I have found it much harder than the previous two weeks. I had a real hungry day on Tuesday and ate more tea than I probably should have.

At work I have found it harder too. I work in a school supporting children with additional needs, part of this includes helping them with their dinner. Let me tell you I think the dinner ladies have a vendetta against me. On my first fasting day it was chicken korma and homemade naans or pizza, both of which looked amazing. And on the second day of fasting chocolate cake with icing and chocolate sauce. No good at all when your having a bit of lettuce and a crab stick for lunch!

But despite their best efforts I pushed through and have achieved a respectable 2lb loss!:)

The losses are going down now, and I can tell this is where the real hard work is going to begin. Last time I did this diet I worked in the foundation unit at school, so I was quite active chasing kids pretending to be the Gruffalo or showing off my skills on the scooters, basically I never sat down. This time I am in the juniors which means a lot of sitting, so I think I'm going to have to dust off some exercise DVD's and make a prat of myself in front of the living room windows. Hmm actually thinking about it that can wait for a couple more weeks!:p

So thanks everyone for taking the time to look thorough my often lengthy ramblings and here's to weight losses all round!

Good luck with your journey :) xx

The last 2 days have been quite hard but I'm still trying! I just fedl so hungry.

Yesterday i ate... some breakfast biscuits, a plate of sweet potato fries with bbq sauce and a chinese meal for one from the asda.

So far today I've had...
A full pack of belvita (i normally only have half) , a full sunday dinner with apple pie 3 satsumas and some snack a jacks. And I'm still seriously considering getting some tea!

It's been a while but I'm back and back on it! life went a bit whappy for a few weeks there and dieting just wasn't an option. :break_diet: But enough of that depressing stuff here's where I'm at now...

last time I posted (Jan) I'd lost 11lb in 3 weeks and was planning on starting some exercise. While I was having a break I gained 4lb back, The last 2 weeks I've gradually cut back again and made better meal choices and I've shifted the 4lb plus 1 more. :D

So at this point in time I've lost 12lb which isn't bad but unfortunately I've wasted about 5 weeks and now I have only 9 weeks to get to my 1st goal!!

This week I'm going to go back to what I was doing before (except tomorrow which is my birthday!) then the following week I'm starting the dreaded exercise :wave_cry::eek:

Quick update on the food front... it's looking hopeful that this week wont be a bust. Todays my birthday so naturally I've been celebrating all weekend but i have only slightly indulged a few slices of cake a handful of chocolate. So here's hoping for a big fat loss!

:) whhoooo hooo I don't know what happened between yesterday morning and this morning but .... Drum roll please .... 2lb off yay! Which means I've lost my 1st stone and got into the next soneage bracket!

Its 8 weeks until my 1st goal date with the pause I took I don't think I stand a chance at that but I'm just going to try and get as close as possible.

I'm going to try and get going with the exercise starting today so lets see what shenanigans that brings on!

The shenanigans where crazy, to help motivate myself I may have made some outrageous claims about my hardcore fitness skills to my 11 year old son (just a bit of background on his fitness he recently earned his honours badge at swimming, for this he had to swim 50 lengths in under 20 mins along with a whole host of other challenges!)

This morning he appears in the living room shouting move it, move it, move it! and the exercise began. We did day 1 of the 30 day shred. He laughed at me throughout and if I looked like I was about to stop he told me off. But it worked I didn't stop and finished day 1!!

Back