let me eat my spaceman food in peace!

meoww

Silver Member
Mainly at work, but in general people seem to be so damn interested in what Im eating, sometimes genuinely interested but other times they are like uhhhh? whats that oh? oh thats weird.
my boss is bad for it, as I work in a deli and its a very foodie place, and yes sachets of powered stuff are not real food but my fat is real and id like rid of it!
And Im at the point where I dont actually take any sachets to work, I have some salad from the salad bar (which is fine as veg allowance) but id rather just have a meal pack.

what kind of things do people say to you about the shakes etc? and what do you say back? does anyone else try to hide them away?

I reckon one of the reasons I had to leave my last job was down to my choice to tell them what kind of diet I was on once the questions started to be asked. No matter how much explaining you do to some people they never quite *get* it. Eventually it provoked them into thinking I was stupid for choosing such a diet and the subsequent weight loss caused jealously ect. Really wished I had just kept it to myself. But that was a small weird office. A lot of people tell their co-workers what they are up to and get a lot of support :) imo if you want a meal pack have one and let other peoples opinions be damned lol

I always take a bar to work and no one really knows. I would be asked too many questions if I took a shake or meal pack especially as most of my work are on SW

I am really lucky... I work in an office if around 50 people, pretty much everyone knows what I'm doing and even if they don't quite understand they know that im dieting so don't offer me crisps etc...

The first week I had a few concerned comments from people but there all fine with it now... Few even wanting to do it too :)

I guess everyones reactions are different as as I said im just lucky...

Good luck...

I keep my diet quiet. I drink protein shakes all the time, no difference!! Nobodys business but yours

Medling drives me barmy LOL

When I did atkins ended up coming to clashes with someone who started spreading rumours I was starving etc. Since then my good is a private affair LOL

I work in a male dominant building and like most men they are oblivious to what other people do or eat lol they just know NOT to ask if I want anything from the cafe or shop :)

I'm at work now eating spaghetti pack, noones said anything yet, quite right that it is my business, I shouldn't feel like I can't have it here, the boss shoulds be glad I'm saving her stocks!

I get it all the time at work especially from my male colleague and it drives me made the girls are always eating McDonald's and cakes and are all bloody skinny I am always being asked oh are you starving yourself today?, I chose to not tell them I had re started slim and save and I have a shake on my way in and 50g protein and 100g veg for lunch then I have the other 50g and 100g for dinner with 1or 2 meal packs

I've chosen not to share as I really can't deal with the armchair experts. 2 people I work with know and that's it. I have soups or bars at work and nobody bats an eyelid, they are all too busy worrying about what they should eat next! One thing I have noticed since starting TFR is how much snacking my colleagues do. We work in a mainly sedentary job and all day long people are snacking on all sorts of junk - I never noticed it when I was one of them!

Everyone is so supportive at my work, 5 people in the office have started a VLCD after seeing how well I've done - including one bloke!

I think people just find it really unusual, maybe we should lie and say that its just lunchtime we eat that and ive had bacon sarnie for breakfast and will be having pizza and cake when I get home, this is just my light lunch..
(btw sorry for naming foods I know it can be offputting)

I had a surprise today when my sister went all unsupportive on me! she was like why do you do it, and started up on how I look ok at my current weight and its so drastic when I only need to lose a couple of stone.. she is about two stone lighter than me.. why cant I be the same weight as her, she wouldnt be happy at this weight.. she would probably do a drastic diet too

Everyone I encounter whilst making lunch calls it the "NASA diet"! If they comment, I just say, I had to do something and this works. They usually shut up.

"Urgh what's that?"
"It's not healthy you know, doing a crash diet"
"It won't work, you're just starving yourself"

And my personal favourite...if I had £1 for every time I've heard this I wouldn't have to go to work full stop!..."You'll only pile all the weight back on as soon as you start eating..."

Back