Let this be the one!!

HI guys and girls,

I have been on minimins for a while and dabbled in various diets but have always failed and resorted back to my old ways. I have always gone for the quick fix diets because the results are so instant and amazing, but the big downside is the lack of actual enjoyable and chewable food and also maintaining the weight loss being close to impossible because I find ive just gone back to my old ways as I have been told what to do after the loss.

So, I have always seen the Dukan diet here but never actually looked into what it is. Ive invested in 'The Dukan Diet Life Plan' book and and enjoying the read so far. I have got to grips with the basics, I am just trying to get rid of the Slimming world frame of mind now as this is the diet I have always fallen back to and keep thinking about 'free' foods!!

My True weight has been identified as 11stone 8lbs which is fine with me for starters!! Im gona set myself some goals to hit en-route for encouragement and so the target weight doesnt seem so far off!! I will probably start by loosing a stone, then 10% of bodyweight (18st 4lbs i think!) and so on...

Im also going to keep a record of what i am eating so I can check back and make sure things are going ok and also so I can see where problems lie.

So, wish me luck and here goes!! Dukan do it!!!!!

DAY ONE:
B - low fat wafer thin ham, l/f cottage cheese and sweetener
L - Can of tuna in Spring water and Dukan mayo (yum)!
D - Chicken breast and oat bran pancakes
S - Chicken breast
LQ - Cups of tea with skimmed milk, coke zero and water x 4pints

Feeling pretty starving right now, so gona go cook dinner. It was bloody hard not finishing off my kids' dinner, but (this is gross but true!!) i spat on it, which was the quickest thing I could think of before I shovelled it into my mouth!!!!!!! (Sorry if tmi!)

Anyway, im gona go before I eat the computer, quite looking forward to trying the oatbran pancakes!!

Feeling pretty starving right now, so gona go cook dinner. It was bloody hard not finishing off my kids' dinner, but (this is gross but true!!) i spat on it, which was the quickest thing I could think of before I shovelled it into my mouth!!!!!!! (Sorry if tmi!)

I've heard of people squirting washing up liquid on the plate as soon as the kids are finished.

Hello there and good luck for your start.
I'm not surprised you were hungry though! I'd have eaten my arm (or a neighbour's!) had I eaten so little.
How about moving your oatbran to breakfast? It's so filling made into galettes or muffins, and that will stand you in good stead for the morning. You need to eat a lot more protein at your current weight. I read somewhere that you don't particularly like meat though, so suggesting you add in a nice thick steak probably won't go down well!
What's the ham you had for breakfast? Careful with these packaged produces as they often put nasty ingredients (like sugar, and other flavourings!) in them! And they're highly salted too.

Hang in there... it will get easier once you sort some menus out!
x

Thanks Joanne, i will check the ham!

I am not a big fan of meat no, I like the taste, I am just very sqeemish and dont like where it has come from!!! I am a very visual person and keep imagining the places it has been chopped off!! I know thats horrid but i cant help it! i drives my hubby mad coz he is a big meat eater (but always thin, damn him!!)

I also worry about the costs because as u probably know meat isnt at all cheap! I dont buy it much because of the cost as we dont have great wages and with two yound kids and childcare etc, money is always a worry and I dont know if i can justify paying so much for meat..... Does anyone have any money saving ideas???

I've heard of people squirting washing up liquid on the plate as soon as the kids are finished.
Neonic, I will defo try that next time!!!! thanks!

Oh, I totally forgot to add, I stood on the scales this morning as it encourages weighing yourself in the book, and ive lost 7 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well chuffed!! I hope this is how it is going to continue!

I am a bit worried about Saturday night as I am going to my sister-in-laws 30th party and dont want to be the only sober one there, I am not very confident in that kind of situation so being stone cold sober would not be fun for me. I dont want to drink excessively, just a couple of vodka and diet cokes. Seeing as I am only doing a 5 day attack, I wont be attacking on Saturday, i will be onto the next step, do you think it would mess everything up completely if I have a couple of drinks for dutch courage?? I dont wana sound like an alcoholic, but it just seems I have a lot of social do's happening this and next month, so dieting is not convienient, but still a neccessity! I am totally in the 'zone' right now so I dont want to mess it up! What do you think??

Hmmmmm totally understand where you are coming from re the alcohol - not sure what to suggest - it's very early in to be going off plan and my sensible side says avoid the drink and stick with the plan if you possibly can...... If it is definately a no no not to drink for you then stick to diet coke and vodka but be sure to eat plenty of food before you go so you are not tempted by the party food (a big failing for me as I love it!!!).... I am the same about you with meat but have had to get over it..... Dukan is expensive - lots of people stock up on items that are on offer and filll their freezer..... Seriously though, count up the money you are saving not buying snacks or takeaways etc and add that to your food budget..... I couldn't believe how expensive my weekly shop was on Dukan before I took into account that I spent nothing at all throughout the week as I wasn't getting coffee, takeaway, sweets, snacks, treats etc!!! Just a thought x

Thanks girls. I will try and only have a couple of drinks when I am out as it very rare that we have all night babysitters for our kiddies so we are making a night of it and staying in a hotel and stuff too!! I will enjoy it as well behaved as I can and then get straight back on plan the next day. Just a quick question tho, if anyone knows - can I do a couple of days of the PV bit and then do another 5ish days of attack?? Or would this be counteractive?

AND (sorry - I keep thinkgin of things im not sure about) Ive read in the book to only have 4 eggs a week....is that true?? or just for people with high cholestoral?

x

The 4 egg thing is only for people who know they have high LDL cholesterol.
The trouble with the drink thing is that it tends to then make us forget the diet altogether when there's food available. As Trudy so wisely said, if you must drink, eat plenty beforehand (or have some sneaky food in your bag to eat in the loo! I've done that before!!). As you said, you have a "social time" coming up so this might not be an isolated event and, once we lose the mojo, it's awfully hard to get back in the zone. That's my take on it at least.
Cost wise - the cheapest way to follow this diet is to cook from scratch, keeping an eye on the online brochures for special offers and buying those things in bulk, cooking and freezing! Fish is expensive but there are large packs of frozen white fish which are reasonable, but they certainly will need "jazzing up"!
I actually find I spend less when both of us are following Dukan - as we are this week. No extras to buy, as Trudy said. No fruit, no booze, no coffees or meals out, no snacks, no nothing! Just a one off supermarket bill!
Enjoy your weekend!

thanks girls. I have found I havent been to the shops as much for 'a nice treat'! I did that ALOT!! especially on my work days (tues, weds and fri) as M&S simply food is right next door and everything is lush, and the smell of the fresh bakery is very VERY hard to resist in the mornings, mmmmmm!!

So anyway, I found yesterday pretty ok actually, Here's what I had to eat:
TUESDAY
B - I had low fat ham and cottage cheese for breakie again,
L - Salmon steak (lush) and dukan mayo
D - Salmon (again!!) and 2 boiled eggs and dukan mayo
Snacks - chicken breast
Drinks - Pepsi max, water x 2pints, tea with skimmed milk

Not a very varied menu but I enjoyed it all the same! I think Salmon is amazing!! And shockingly at dinner time I found myself feeling very full before the end of my meal!

Here's todays list:
B - Scrambled eggs x 2 with l/f cream cheese
L - King prawns and 0% vanilla yogurt (not a great combination!!)
D - Prawns with dukan mayo. Oat bran cookies
Snacks - Chicken breast
Drinks - water x 2pints, tea with skimmed milk

***Note to self*** BE MORE PREPARED FOR WORK DAYS
Ive found myself super craving a trip to marksies and treating myself coz ive lost weight!! Its backwards how my brain works but this I find, is always my downfall. I loose some weight then think ill have a treat, its ok coz ive lost some weight! Then its a downwards spiral.... So on work days I need to go to work stacked up with high protein snacks to get rid of my marksies pangs!!

Not going to stand on the scales again till monday I think coz if i dont loose as much as I hoped by Mon ill give up! Anyway, better go coz im meant to be working!!

Or perhaps what you could do, for each 1/2 stone treat, perhaps buy yourself something you wouldn't usually. Be it clothes, makeup, or if you prefer to stick to food, a fillet steak... or some big fresh prawns or langoustines off the fresh fish counter!

Another trick I used to use to wean myself off midweek shopping was to either not have a purse on me or just have a large note for emergencies.

Funnily enough, I find non work days more complicated as I've more time to think about food!

I am really struggling this evening! I have been ok most of the day then as soon as 5pm came I turned into a grumpy troll and was absolutely ravenous! I am assuming this is the carb withdrawl a bit late? Or maybe im just tired. Im so annoyed coz ive been fine the last couple of days. Ive got an awful headache too so might just go to bed early :(
Another work day tomorrow, so have got salmon for lunch and beef slices to snack on. I am so fed up of protein at the moment!! Being not much of a meat eater anyhow, this is becoming a struggle. I had a nice big steak for tea with some scallops and was really looking forward to it yesterday, but tonight i had to force myself to eat it. I am all proteined out! urgh! :grumble:

I think everyone goes through that stage hon the sight of salmon turns my stomach! It gets better when your on cruise and can have veg every other day! Stay strong the results will be worth it! X x x

I bloody hope so! the salmon Ive got for lunch tomorrow is making my stomach turn right now! AND i work opposite a skinny person who will probably be eating a lovely smelling crusty roll with her ham!!!! i might consider plastic surgery!

Yep every workplace has a skinny minx that eats loads and still looks fab but just think how much better than her you will look! It is worth sticking to iv lost 1st8lb in four weeks iv never found another diet with those results! When I start feeling weak I look at inspirational pics whilst I'm forcing down more protein check out Tamaras Diary she has just reached her true weight and looks absolutely fantastic! X

thanks for the tip hun, ill check out her diary, need all the help i can get right now!xx

So, do I weigh myself tomorrow morning on the last day of attack or do I wait till the end of the week????

Back