Lethargic

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
I've been in full ketosis a week or so but feel so lethargic, absolutely no energy and get momentarily dizzy whenever I get up. I'm drinking plenty, at least 2-3L and only taking a leisurely walk for exercise. Has anyone else felt like this in week two, and did it pass?

I feel like that quite often at the minute but I find because this is my third time doing it my ketosis high never really kicked in and I've not had my energy burst!!

Wonder what we can do to get the energy back? Wonder what makes the difference? I could barely get through the day at work yesterday but was really hoping it'd pass.

I honestly have no idea lol! I've just been accepting it lol

Just been doing a little googling (cos I don't think I can get up today I'm that weak and dizzy) and apparently it can take two weeks to get out of this fuzzy-headed stage when you're in ketosis. Then some people get the energy kick and some don't. I can live without bags of energy (after all I've been hugely overweight for years!) but I can't live in this state of lethargy, I just want to sleep!

Buttons are you definitely in ketosis? Have you checked with a ketostix? Some people are particularly carb sensitive which means that the 60g of carbs a day on the diet is too much for them to go into ketosis.

Yes, I have been using ketostix, I've def been in ketosis for over a week. Not really dark pink, nor the lightest - the middle one. Maybe I'm just having a lazy day?!

Hello. First post for me so I hope I do it right. I felt a bit dizzy in the first 10 days of TS but have to say that I stuck with it and feel like I have bags of energy now. A few early nights helped with the lack of energy in the early days. Today however has been a nightmare tho as day 1 of period. Had a handful of crisps and a few of my girls chocs. Feel rubbish.

Welcome Wayz, I hope I get over it soon too then. I got so weak today I ate two slices of lean ham mid afternoon, was probably psychological but I did feel better. I've got TOTM coming up soon too, I've heard a VLCD can play havoc with your cycle so that's something else to get through. I hope my naturally bloody skinny husband appreciates what I go through!

Thanks. Weigh I for me tomorrow but feeling very bloated so not too hopeful ... And the little cheats won't have helped.

How'd you do Wayz? I feel a little more energised today, and the ketostix was darker (4) this morning, so maybe I'm getting there! Not weighing in til Tuesday but did check my measurements and in 10 days I've lost an inch off my waist so for me it's all worth it!

Bit disappointed as I've stayed the same this week. Think it must be down to TOTM as, thinking rationally, I don't honk a handful of crisps and half a celebration would have that much impact. Anyway, new week and 100% effort! Glad u are feeling better today. Stick with it, it does work!!

I don't think that's throw it off track that much either, prob is all the bloated water weight of TOTM. You, we, will get there in the end. Lets face it, we're here for a reason - we won't budge an ounce going back to our old eating habits!

Definitely! And of course I meant THINK in my previous post not HONK!! Losing weight from my brain I think!!

Hopefully you get your energy burst soon!!

I was at the big reunion concert last night and ended up having another diet coke cus there was nothing else to drink and have probably knocked myself out of ketosis again lol

Try taking an vitamin B tablet for extra energy. Even though the diet gives you full nutritional requirements a little boost can't help. And you can't take too much vitamin b as your body justs gets rid of any it doesn't need (if you take too much your urine will go a yellow/green colour - sorry TMI) :)

D'you know Wayz, I am! And I hadn't even realised I was out of the lethargic funk! Lol I was really lethargic for another 24-36 hours then I just started getting on with everything (kids, housework, job) and didn't give it a second thought. Not got the high energy levels I sometimes hear about and I am still extra tired at the end of the day, but I took someone's good advice and just go to bed earlier! (Typically at the weekend I was awake with the dawn chorus!)

Well that's progress then. It's weird, when I am at work and mad busy I have tonnes of energy and then if I get home, play with my girls, bathe them and so bedtime then do dinner, few jobs and stuff I feel like I can keep going and going BUT if I sit down after the girls are in bed its like someone has taken my batteries out! Not sat down yet so will keep going for a little longer. Glad you are feeling better! X

Back