Let's Get Fit - Accountability Thread

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
Hey all,
This thread is for accountability, to put it out there that you are doing something and making the commitment to see it through!

I joined Minims back in 2008 when I started my weight loss journey and have lost around 3st and mostly maintained (a few gains and a pregnancy thrown into the mix!). I keep coming back here as everyone is always supportive and there to lend a hand. I hope we can use this thread to motivate each other and inspire other to get fit too whatever exercise we do, after all we all have a common goal of being the 'after' photo of your body. Although if no-one wants to join me I'll just talk to myself like a saddo, haha!
I'm currently doing Jillian Micheals Body Revolution and just started week 3, it's a killer but it's definitely one I know will work.

So come on girls, let's get fit!

:talk017:

Last edited by a moderator:
If its ok girls I'll join you in here :p

current weekly plan is.............

2hrs Rugby training on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

30mins Couch25K Monday, Wednesday, Friday

50mins full body dumbell session Sunday and tuesday afternoon

good luck to everyone else

My plan is to go back to the gym I have had the membership for several months got sick and haven't gone back, so I want to try and go to a class this week, then 2 classes every week for this month. That's my goal :character00116:.

hi everyone im doing 2 mile leslie sansone walk every day for 90 days plus i workout side towhen nice i just want to to this 90days im a big weight and i know doing this is going to make me fitter and in time able to do 3 miles for 90 days so my challenge is to keep it up again through may

love this thread xx

I started off walking, then added a swim, then added an aquacise class, then added a yoga class, then added a second aquacise class. On Friday I'm starting zumba gold. I may add something else in a few months time but I'll see how I feel.

I feel much better for adding the exercise rather than just losing the weight alone. I don't think about burning calories but the enjoyment of feeling physical. For me it's all about the feeling.:wee:

If its ok girls I'll join you in here :p

current weekly plan is.............

2hrs Rugby training on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

30mins Couch25K Monday, Wednesday, Friday

50mins full body dumbell session Sunday and tuesday afternoon

good luck to everyone else

completed second day of C25K yesterday.

Had a tough training session on Tuesday night aswell that left me quite sore on wednesday :eek:

Had to down reps from 12 to 10 during my dumbell session as my muscles were still a bit tired from Sunday night I reckon, but still completed it.

Have training at 7pm-9pm tonight also.

I've given myself some targets and have found them very useful.
I will do four classes a week at the gym and run on the treadmill twice. Classes I am doing so far are, circuit, bootcamp, Kettlebells, spin, combat, pump and metafit.
I will run Total Warrior in August ( Eeek!) nothing like a bit of pressure lol
I will complete Grim Blackout in October x

I have ditched me diet, I have about two stone to go, but an eating really well and have finally got under the eleven stone, I have also toned up a lot!

I started off walking, then added a swim, then added an aquacise class, then added a yoga class, then added a second aquacise class. On Friday I'm starting zumba gold. I may add something else in a few months time but I'll see how I feel.

I feel much better for adding the exercise rather than just losing the weight alone. I don't think about burning calories but the enjoyment of feeling physical. For me it's all about the feeling.:wee:
bellybling yes i would like to add swimming next and aqua fit im looking into when our classes are x x

Sounds like a really good thread here.

Currently I am going to the gym 4 times a week (tues-fri), going to an aquafit session on a monday evening, spirals pilates on a wednesday afternoon, this week I went to bodytone (legs, bums & tums) on wednesday evening - will probably go back, zumba on thursday evening and saturday mornings.
Also like to stick some bike rides in there when possible.
However, this may need readjusting in the next week or so as starting a new job and am unsure on the hours yet (I'll be working in a shop, and from previous experience, retail shifts change all the time).

Also, if anyone from this thread is interested, there is a thread on here, run by AndreaEK, tallying monthly hours.
So if anyone fancies setting themselves a target of hours (or km as Ania is doing) to exercise this month, you're more than welcome to join us over at http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/315703-may-2013-exercise-challenge.html
=)

Back