Step 1 Sole Source Lets get ME back!

Mememe

Silver Member
im a 34 year old mother of 2 beautiful boys and wife to an amazing husband. Until I was 22 I was slim, never any bigger than a size 10/12 and I was full of confidence and energy!. When i was 20 i met my husband and then began the evenings of drinking and eating in together and my gym and exercise routines disappeared. ( I loved exercise)
I wasn't brought up on take aways and had never been for fast food except for a treat and then all of a sudden this became my staple diet. We moved in together in a small flat with no real kitchen and surrounded by take aways.
i remember weighing myself vividly when we moved into the flat and I was 10 stone 2 and then again and I was 11stone 8 in no time at all but I did nothing and the weight has just kept piling on.
We gor married in 2003 by which time i was 13 stone 7 and cried when I saw my wedding pictures in my size 20 dress!
i stayed this weight ever since until I got pregnant in 2009 when pregnant with twins I weighed 14 stone 10lb the day before I gave birth. After having my boys I weighed 12 stone 2. I thought this was amazing until the change in lifestyle meant that food was a constant and no one could see md eating at home and I am where I am now!

there is no one to blame but myself for the size I am and I have been between denial and shame for the past year and now I've had enough. I never want to be told - you have a pretty 'face' ever again.
I've been 'trying' to start this diet for 2 weeks now and wasted these two weeks. I've had endless support from people on this site and without that I wouldn't be doing this today.

October will be my 10 year wedding anniversary and I am going to be the woman that I was when I met my husband and that I loved!
today is the first day of my new life!

Last edited:
A very long lay in and 1st shake, strawberry blended with loads of ice and its gorgeous! Especially as its such a sunny day it's quite refreshing.

Can't wait until bed time so I can say I've done it. 1st day!

Great to see you have started a diary Hun

It really helps keep you focused

You can do this I know you can! I'm excited to follow you on your journey

M xx

Hey hey!!

I totally identify with some things you said. Like the fact I never grew up with takeaways.. and it was a treat once in a blue moon but after getting married it became almost like a staple. I don't want to be the 'funny fat girl with a pretty face' ... in fact, I have gained so much weight, I don't even think my face is pretty anymore. it's a sad state of affairs isn't it.

I am particularly struggling today I have to say. But the more I read people's stories, the more motivated I become.

Your strawberry shake sounds really yummy. I don't think I have strawberry but will keep it in mind for last time. I love mango. Have you tried it yet? We have a similar amount of weight to lose and we can totally do this together. Keep me updated with your weigh-ins!!!

Candice x

Hi candice,

Yeh the pretty face thing gets lost with all the bloody chins and the crappy skin that comes with such unhealthy eating!
yeh my shake was lovely
its reading the stories on here and in particular Martha that helps me and means that I am so committed today.
i haven't tried mango te but that sounds lovely so will order that next time.
I love the chocolate chewy bar too. I can nibble at that for 5 hours! Each time I feel peckish just having that tiny nibble and a huge gulp of water really helps.
the sun is shining here which helps loads! Hope your day goes well. Don't give in. You've done amazingly already and are an inspiration to everyone reading including me.

stacey x

Almost 8pm and I am starving but I've done it so far cat wreck it now! Have my last shake as soon as get home!

hows your day been?

Almost 8pm and I am starving but I've done it so far cat wreck it now! Have my last shake as soon as get home!

hows your day been?

You know I'm so proud of you right now??

I've had a pretty boring day lol think I need to make plans on Sundays from now on lol

Feeling hungry too gonna have my shake at half past lol

I'm so happy u got this far! What a great achievement for you!

Xxx

Thank you so much! I haven't drunk enough water but who cares. No food is more important today!

Lol Sundays can get like that but when you are busy you wish for a quiet one!

very thirsty now so gonna have another shake with loads of blended ice whilst we chill out and watch tv.

very proud of myself too thank you!

have a lovely evening- here's too tomorrow! Xxx

Thank you so much! I haven't drunk enough water but who cares. No food is more important today!

Lol Sundays can get like that but when you are busy you wish for a quiet one!

very thirsty now so gonna have another shake with loads of blended ice whilst we chill out and watch tv.

very proud of myself too thank you!

have a lovely evening- here's too tomorrow! Xxx

You can work on the water aspect but the food was the main thing!

Enjoy ur evening and chat to u tomorrow

Xxxx

Quickie! Lol I'm having a fruits of the forest slush puppie and its gorgeous! All whilst my husband drinks my wine and I'm not even jealous!
Go me!!!

Beautiful morning of Day 2!

im very tired this morning as Rhys decided to sleep in our bed last night ggrrrrrr and I'm up already with the 'naughty' son as my husband deserves the lay in today for working so much. My halo will strangle me if I carry on, anyway I have now earnt some great brownie points fr shopping later ;-)

i woke up starving but once I've sat down with my fizzy water I feel fine. Still thinking about food as just made breakfast for Rhys and smells lush! But my water will be just fine.

Repeating in my head "crumpets are what my belly and bum look like" anything to put a negative thought for a nice food lol ;-)

hope everyone has a great morning X

Ha ha that's a good one too.
Every time i fancy something I try to imagine it on me. Yesterday was bread so imagined layering it on me slice by slice and sellotaping it on like a fat suit! Yes I'm very odd but if it works ;/)

Ha ha that's a good one too.
Every time i fancy something I try to imagine it on me. Yesterday was bread so imagined layering it on me slice by slice and sellotaping it on like a fat suit! Yes I'm very odd but if it works ;/)

This is hilarious but something that I'll definitely use from now on :) ~Cas x

Back