Lets introduce outselves.

ladylite

Gold Member
Well I thought it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves so we have some idea, what we do, what we like, where we live, other than dieting of course.

You can say as much or as little as you like.

Well my real name is Mary I am 61 next birthday but have the mental age of 22 year old. I love a good laugh, been overweight since I was 30, but dieted since I was 21, even though I wasnt overweight.

I have 4 daughter, 5 grandchildren, with one daughter left at home. My hobbies are horses. My daughter rides show horses and ponies and that keeps me busy most weekends.

Happily married this time to a lovely husband (who eats for England but stays thin), a bit like my daughter.

Decided to not diet, but eat healthly hence SW, but hope some of the pounds come off on the way.

What a good idea!

My name is Kerry-Ann, I'm 33 and live just down the road from Ladylite (Mary!).
I have a beautiful 3 year old Munchkin who is at the moment telling everyone that Mummy is having a baby Brother for her! News to me!

I teach modern jive to beginners and met most of my friends through dancing.
I am also very happily married to a Hubby that lives on curry and snores!! (Bless Him!)
Had a gastric band fitted but also opted to do the SW plan as I need to work with the band through healthy eating!

I work on an Army Airbase and I'm surrounded by loads of fit men in uniform (my dream job!!).

Do you wanna swap jobs:)

My name's Lara and I live in Poole with my husband and three children. I'm 39 (nearly 39 eek!!!) and am always struggling with my weight. I've been with hubby for 20 years this year and my children are 12, 10 and nearly 6. They keep me on my toes!!!
I work as a mid-day supervisor (or dinner lady if you prefer!!!) and this is great as I get to have my holidays with my children and have a bit of pocket money too!!
I have never done Slimming World before and decided to join a group last week, having been a long time member of WeightWatchers. I decided a change was well overdue and it's been the boost I needed.

I used to go on holiday to Poole when I was a little girl. Rockly Sands Caravan park, is it still there?:)

Hello

My real name is Nicola (i just use my bettylollypop for anything internet related lol), i am 27 years old, i have 2 gorgeous kids, a son who is 7 and is a wee gem, he has type 1 diabetes, a 12 month old daughter who has just got her first teeth and is great. I live with my hubby to be in sunny Glasgow, he works for the Education Department.

I worked in Social Work for almost 10 years but after having daughter i decided to give up work and aim for a new career, i am now doing a degree in science with the Open University and also spending time being a full time mum to the kids for a while.

Great post by the way, i'm loving learning about people xx

Not surprisingly, my name's Sue. I turned 40 last May.

My son (10 years old) and I live with his dad (in Tunbridge Wells)although we 've been divorced since 2000 and I've been married since (plus my 1st husband died - so I'm sure you can see why I've taken a vow of 'singledom!!).

Although we share a flat we're not 'together' - it's just cheaper than running 2 households PLUS our house overlooked the house in Margate where they dug up the bodies of those poor girls in the garden just over a year ago and it just didn't feel 'right' living there afterwards.

I'm self employed working for a company which answers questions people text in to 63336. We're busier of an evening and a weekend so 2 days a week I do voluntary work in the admin department of this place - www.burrswood.org.uk - which is an amazing hospital. If you're in the area - pop in and have a cuppa in the tea room and sit looking out over Ashdown Forest. I can promise you'll leave there feeling calm and relaxed (how about that for a plug :) )

What a great idea, it's nice to learn a bit about everyone :)

I'm Helen, I'm 27 years old and I live in Lincoln with my husband and our three rescued cats, Holly (14), Squeak (14) and Thomas O'Malley (12), who are the very centre of our world!

I've been doing Slimming World on and off since 2001 and have lost 21lb in that time, but have recently rejoined and have lost 1lb since i came back a couple of weeks ago - pesky Valentine's Day!

I don't work, unfortunately - I've been off sick now since November 2006, and I'm getting extremely bored with it! I developed adult-onset frontal lobe epilepsy quite suddenly at the age of 24, and the medics are still trying to understand it and get a grip on it. Thankfully things seem to be stabilising now, so I'm hoping to go back to work very soon.

When I'm not spending far too much time on the internet or attending to the every whim of my cats, I love cooking, cross-stitch, reading, listening to classical music and watching decent movies.

Not very exciting really, but that's me :D

Ooooo Helen, I LOVE Lincoln - although the pigeons there hate me! EVERY time I've been there the blighters on the shopping centre by the river/canal thingy get me!!

Not surprisingly, my name's Sue. I turned 40 last May.

My son (10 years old) and I live with his dad (in Tunbridge Wells)although we 've been divorced since 2000 and I've been married since (plus my 1st husband died - so I'm sure you can see why I've taken a vow of 'singledom!!).

Although we share a flat we're not 'together' - it's just cheaper than running 2 households PLUS our house overlooked the house in Margate where they dug up the bodies of those poor girls in the garden just over a year ago and it just didn't feel 'right' living there afterwards.

I'm self employed working for a company which answers questions people text in to 63336. We're busier of an evening and a weekend so 2 days a week I do voluntary work in the admin department of this place - www.burrswood.org.uk - which is an amazing hospital. If you're in the area - pop in and have a cuppa in the tea room and sit looking out over Ashdown Forest. I can promise you'll leave there feeling calm and relaxed (how about that for a plug :) )

Supat, your job sounds so interesting, i bet you have been asked some weird and wonderful questions lol, and might i say how sensible and mature of you and your ex to be able to live together xx

I teach modern jive to beginners and met most of my friends through dancing.

Army Airbase and I'm surrounded by loads of fit men in uniform (my dream job!!).

How exciting Mrs V on both counts xx

Ooooo Helen, I LOVE Lincoln - although the pigeons there hate me! EVERY time I've been there the blighters on the shopping centre by the river/canal thingy get me!!

I love it here too :D But yes, the pigeons are vicious little bu99ers, they seem to have very little fear of humans at all!

hey i'm ria i'm 25 no kids live with my cat in leeds , been doing slimming world since late november. i work for a pharma company and like to go out alot !!! i put on weight when i went to university and can't seem to shift the bloody stuff now even though i have been done three years lol i also work in a pub because i always have and i enjoy it and no matter how good a job i get i just can't seem to give it up maybe it's been surrounded by all that beer hehe

I'm Nikki! I'm 33 and live in Germany(Dh is in the Army!)with my husband and 2 boys aged 7 and 9!
I work as a teaching assistant, which is perfect for being able to spend lots of time with my boys;).
I have been on just about every diet imaginable and have reached goal several times *sigh*, but my love of Beer and good food mean I don't tend to stay there for long! This time it will be different!

Mrs V, which base do you work at? Our last posting was at an Army air base in Hampshire! We spent 7 years there!!

I'm Nikki! I'm 33 and live in Germany(Dh is in the Army!)with my husband and 2 boys aged 7 and 9!
I work as a teaching assistant, which is perfect for being able to spend lots of time with my boys;).
I have been on just about every diet imaginable and have reached goal several times *sigh*, but my love of Beer and good food mean I don't tend to stay there for long! This time it will be different!

Mrs V, which base do you work at? Our last posting was at an Army air base in Hampshire! We spent 7 years there!!

Middle Wallop with the AAC Huni.
I used to work at Worthy Down as well, but I was a Children's Nanny then!! Lol

ooooh, Mrs V, I spent 7 years at Middle wallop! Lived in Andover for a couple of years and then moved next to the camp in to the new houses.I worked in the AAC pre-school above the old cook house!!
Hoping to get back 1 day!!

Back