Step 1 Sole Source Lets see about fixing that.

Mono

I've got all the excuses floating around in my head and for such a long time I believed they were the root cause of everything that has led me to this place. But sadly and rather reluctantly I finally admitted to myself that while those things probably didn't help the only real cause of this was me, my pure laziness. Instead of getting up and cooking something that even floats towards healthy I'd rather just throw a tenner at some random shop and get something ridiculously unhealthy delivered.

I was unemployed for a long time, admittedly for half of the time I was out of work I was legitimately unable to work, however the rest of the time was the laziness kicking in. However now I have a new (albeit terribly paid) job I can finally afford to take up the challenge of Cambridge again. I did it once before in what was for all intents and purposes another life, I'm no longer that angry little boy unwilling to see his own flaws while constantly pointing out the flaws of others.

I started just over two weeks ago on Wednesday 12th and truthfully for the first few days it was fecking hard. When I did CWP before I had been on the Atkins diet for a week prior so was already in ketosis and never really felt hungry. I started with a weight of 18st 10¾lbs and can slightly disguise a bit of it to being slightly taller than the average person (bordering 6'1) but theres only so much black in the world before it becomes obvious that you aren't ever happy with what stares back at you from the mirror.

My first weigh in was Tuesday 18th and truthfully I was bricking it, as before when I did the CWP I struggled with the water on the weekends, at work its a different story as its an excuse to get up for a walk and maybe stop and have a quick word with someone you haven't seen today, at home its a lot bloody harder to go to the fridge for some strange reason(Imagine if we had that problem when not on the CWP :rolleyes:). So the dreaded moment came and the showdown between me and the scales had begun, after we had done our little 15 second dance I finally got the result of the week of struggle, I had lost 3¾lbs. Now as this forum seems a lot more friendly than the majority of places Ive been known to frequent around the way, I'll just leave it at my reaction probably wasn't the one she was expecting, I was not a happy little soldier. After seeing some of the epic losses here from people that were a lower weight than myself I guess I just got it into my head that I'd have an epic first week and then it'd trail off, oh how wrong I was lol.

So enough about that week before I lose the plot with the past again and forwards etc etc.

The second week felt a bit more like the past on CWP with the hunger pangs slowly dying down and the water becoming a bit easier to keep down. I actually found the second week a lot harder than the first week craving wise, but I think that's mainly down to the fact except my parents nobody actually knows what I'm doing and truthfully I prefer it that way. I remember the way I felt before when everyone started to notice and would much prefer that kind of response that appears out of nowhere as opposed to people always giving the weird glances when they hear what kind of "hell" you're putting yourself through just to be like "them". Segway aside and back to the point, with nobody actually knowing what I'm doing everyone is just going about their normal eating habits (which I truthfully wouldn't have any other way, It's my choice to do what I'm doing, others shouldn't have to adjust to make me comfortable around them eating) and seeing them eat their "normal" food I was a very jealous man. The week pretty much followed the above pattern but by the weekend I had devised a slightly smarter way of tackling the water problem. I decided to start bringing home the water bottle I use in work a 750ml squeezy Highland Springs(other brands are available!) sports cap bottle. Filling that up every 2-3 hours really helped with the water downing, albeit I still somehow failed the Saturday minimum, which once again annoyed me more than it should've.

Tuesday had arrived. I was a lot more optimistic this time around especially after last Tuesday's weak loss and decided that me and the scales would have an understanding that I'd have a lost a lot more than what I actually ended up losing, to me a measly 2½lbs, I managed to hide my rage a lot better than last week and think I might've even fooled her into thinking genuinely happy with such a loss (although Jac if you read this forum I guess the cats out the bag now lol) but instead of following my usual path of just jacking it in I've decided that I will see this bloody thing through to the end regardless of what happens.

So that's my story so far, its now Thursday and it's pretty much time for me to pass out in bed after what has genuinely been both the most exhausting and amusing day Ive ever had in the workplace across 9 years. If you've managed to get all the way down here without losing the will to live I thank you for giving me the time to air just a minute fraction of the crap that floats around my head on a daily basis.

tl;dr

I did CWP once before and it worked brilliantly until extenuating circumstances become involved.
I restarted just over two weeks ago and have since lost just over 6lbs
I'm a man(debatable at times) of 26
Thanks to a new job I can start CWP again.

Last edited:
So I had all the best intentions in the world of updating this page BEFORE I had my 3rd weigh in yesterday, although they say something about best intentions but I can't remember what exactly it was, but I'm pretty sure it applies here.

Anyways enough of that, after writing the above last Thursday, while desperately trying to get to sleep, I spent the next two hours before I finally did nod off thinking about what I could do to try and help this lil' old thing along, somehow it took me two hours but I can to the realisation I should probably be drinking more water than I currently was, so from the Friday onwards I upped my intake from what was truthfully borderline at best to what it is currently which is around the 4L mark. I still amusingly(amusing now I look back on it atleast) failed to get where I wanted water wise on Saturday, but with the Ryder Cup finale on Sunday sitting there chain smoking my ass off, the water went down a lot easier than it normally does.

Monday morning arrives and apart from the fact its Monday morning and I've had a total of about 4 hours sleep, I'm actually really chuffed due to the fact the trousers I had taken in 3 inches the week previous are now at least 2 inches too big, thankfully I have about 10 pairs laying around from before my first attempt at Cambridge back in '07 that'll fit nicely come the beginning of next week.

Tuesday evening and I'm driving home along the motorway trying not to get myself killed due to the fact I've only got one window wiper on my car and I honestly haven't seen it rain that hard for years, while not really paying attention to where I'm going I'm outside my CWP Councillors house. She asks me to wait in the hall while she finishes with her previous client and there's an awkward if slightly relieved glance between us as one steps out of the lions den while the other throws themself in, atleast now someone outside of my immediate family knows lol. So while me and Mr.Scales obviously got our wires crossed last week as he decided that I wasn't really going to lose as much as I wanted or deserved too, our gentlemanly agreement bore fruition this week as once I stepped on Mr.Scales while starring out the window being warned not to look down incase I screw with the results again, I noticed the smile appearing on my Councillors face as she confirmed what I had already told her was going to happen, I was finally below 18st for the first time in about 2½ years. Now while I'm not even close to the weight I'm aiming for, reaching the first little goal which truthfully before I got there Tuesday wasn't even a goal was a relief, I finally saw a payoff from the "work" I've been putting in. I lost 4½lbs this week and am currently down to 17st 13½lbs.

tl'dr
I started drinking more water after writing the top post in the thread.
My old clothes from before my first CWP attempt now fit again.
I lost 4½lbs on my third weigh in and am now 17st 13l½lbs.

Hi Mono, I think this diary is going to be an interesting read! Well done on your losses so far......I'm looking forward to reading your next instalment!

Niki xx

Back