Lets See How Long I Can Keep This Up!

Idreamofpizza

I have been overweight since I was about 18 1/2. Thats about the time my PCOS kicked in and was left undiagnosed until I was almost 27. Since finding out what was wrong with my body and why it didn't respond to normal diets or exercise , I have yoyo-ed a little. I managed to lose 4.5 stone in 2012 which was amazing. Unfortunately I then changed jobs and found it very difficult to maintain. It started creeping on again and then at the end of 2014 it started piling on when I took a desk job. Last year it hit a peak of 18.5 stone. Still not up to the 19.5 stone that I had been at the start of 2012, but still very bad. I started Exante in July 2015 and did really well but got distracted pretty quickly. By Xmas 2015 it had crept back on and I was back up to 18.5stone.

I was on holiday over Xmas and New Year and was really expecting the worst when I got back on the scales last weekend. I somehow managed to lose TEN POUNDS since New Years!!!!!! I am using this as motivation to get back on it and really go for it this year. I am now on day 4 of Total Solution and am feeling really positive about losing weight this year. It needs to be done if for no other reason than to be healthy.

So I am going to keep writing here periodically to help to motivate myself and track my progress. Fingers Crossed!!!

01/01/2016 - 259lbs
11/01/2016 - 249lbs
18/01/2016 - ???

Hi Dream! I feel you - I have PCOS too and have been overweight since my periods started aged 10. Diets which cut carbs, like this one, are ideal for helping manage it. Good luck!

Hi Dream, welcome

Here to follow :) Good luck!

Thanks guys. It's going to be a long & hard process, but I really need to do it. This week has been surprisingly easy & my stomach is looking so much better already. It's amazing how much bloating was actually there to start with. I have been trying to go to the gym as normal, but had to cut down on Friday as I was feeling a little light headed. I'm going to keep an eye on that, but I do want to keep working out as I love going to the gym. I also had a cheeky jump on the scales this morning & am now really excited for tomorrow :)

I managed to make it to Monday with no drama. Quite liking how I feel at this point. Just need to keep pushing it.

Weigh in this morning was 241lbs!!! Over the 1 stone mark, so I'm really chuffed. Onto the next one!

Well done, keep it up :)

I wimped out on the gym last night & this morning. I got home from work last night & was just shattered. I also seem to have randomly started my period over the weekend. Completely the wrong time of the month for me so not sure if this is the diet or the injection. Either way it's annoying as I'm all crampy & grumpy.

I'm out gaming in the pub tonight, so it's going to be tough to resist food. We usually grab some food first & then get started so I might turn up a little later tonight to avoid that.

Just gotta keep focused!

Well done on your fab loss, keep up the good work! Hope your night was ok and you weren't too tempted - I turn into a hermit when I'm doing a VLCD, I end up not wanting to go out :))

Tuesday night was really nice actually. I just had a couple of diet cokes and was fine for the evening. I did whimper a little when one of my friends ordered chips, but I managed to stay strong.

Today is my birthday and I did a cheeky weigh in this morning...... 238 :) I'm out for dinner tonight & of course there will be wine and good food. Tonight and this weekend are planned blips though, so I can relax a little as long as I get back on it next week. I'm away skiing in the Cairngorms over the weekend, but luckily we are staying in a chalet so I have some control over what I eat. Fingers crossed that I can resist the crisps!!!

Happy birthday! Enjoy your celebrations :)

Hope you had a fab birthday and have fun at the weekend.

Hellllooooo!

So I had my birthday & long weekend away & put on 6lbs (not unexpected). But I was back on the diet yesterday & I'm hopeful that my next weigh in will be back to where I was. Just got to smash the 17 stone barrier & get into the 16s :)

Welcome back!

Arn't they - I could have them for every meal!

I rather naughtily had some cocktails last night. Still feel good though & not hungry at all. Was in a really nice bar & actually had a bit of a flirt with some guys. It felt good to have a bit of confidence in my clothes & how I looked. Really looking forward to seeing how my body changes over the next few months now :)

Back