Lets sit back & take stock of what we've achieved...

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Right ladies I know I am not the only one who's a bit fed up so let's have a feel good post & remind ourselves how far we've come....

I will start, ok granted I'm a bit heavier right at this moment but at my best I'd lost 7st 6.5lbs & had gone from a size 24/26 to a small 16 & changed my life unbelievably so yes I've got 11lbs to lose to get back to my lowest but I will do it & hope to get even lower...

Onwards & downwards x

Good idea, Lexie, and well done to you, you'll definitely get down there, just keep plugging away! :)

Anyway, me: total lost so far 8 stone 5lbs, and gone from a size 28/30 to a 16/18 (16 bottom half, bit bigger on top, lol). I bought a new pair of 16s trousers for work last week and when I tried them on I didn't just look slimmer, I actually looked slim - great feeling. Every pound loss is hard won now, but I plod on! :) xx

I agree, loads of you have come so far and lost amazing amounts of weight!

Me I've lost 22lbs.. 1.5st 10kg (ish) but my journey has been long and a bit difficult sometimes, I started with the Xen tablets lost the weight, ran out of tablets and started eating badly again! Put 1/2 back on.. But discovered low GI eating, moved to that and my weight started coming down again :).

Had my month long summer holiday with OHs family - gained most back - had my shoulder surgery and then lost most of it again .. Before Xmas 2012 was at my lowest of 83.6kg . But needed to come off my pain meds (side effects included loss of appetite lol) gained back 4/5 kg.

since jan 2013 have been eating primally most of the time and started loosing again - added in fasting and I've got another 3 kg to loose before I'm back where I was before Xmas .. I'm happy with the Way I'm eating, I've learnt that my body is sensitive to wheat and white/brown sugars, I've discovered alternatives to sugar that don't give me a sugar high, I'm including natural sugars like honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar sugars.

Reducing the sugars and wheat has changed my life loads - I'm no longer so tired and sleepy for no reason! If I'm tired now its from late night or broken sleep because of kids ..

I've reduced my diet coke habit (most of the time) I've lost my fear of being hungry/ or leaving the house with out a snack in my bag - my blood sugars are stable - I no longer get the shakes if I have not eaten.

I'm eating foods that are healthy (mostly) I know longer snack on biscuits daily, I don't feel the need to eat an entire choc cake I'm happy with my slice (who would have thought)

I've given up eating wheat bread, I might have a slice of gluten free once a mth - this was the hardest thing to do! But I don't miss it :) but it's been almost 6 mths or more now.

I've gone from a size 20/22 to a 16 top and bottom - fasting and avoiding wheat have helped fatten my upper tummy - as I don't bloat so much now..

I am determined to continue with my way of eating, I will continue with my exercise classes when possible :)

I'm feeling positive that I will loose the weight but I'm not going to pressure myself, as I know now that us setting myself up for failure... It's not a diet but a Way of eating and it's a journey for life!!
Xx

following primal blueprint and 5:2 /4:3 fasting plan

You know I always say "I've always been fat" primary secondary college uni etc I always remember being fat.
I look back at photos now and realise until college it was all in my head!

I had always been told I was fat! Too big. And a lot of it came from bullies but my parents were always so negative too. That's where my low self image began.

So it probably was inevitable I got huge.

And it's only thanks to Marcus and loosing my weight so far I now actually think I'm not that awfully ugly, or that ridiculously fat!

I now smile when I look in the mirror and think wow I really do have potential.

Weight wise like most of us I lost 4.5st I have gained about a stone of it back and I'm working my way back down!

I'm incredible proud of how far I've come. And incredibly honoured to have met everyone on here. There's no doubt in my mind if it weren't for all of you your support inspiration and complete nuttiness I'd still be that fat 18st unhappy girl!

I'm not where I'd like to be but I'm much closer and hopefully will get there this year!

So thanks ladies and lets rejoice in all our success! Xx

Re: Lets sit back & take stock of what we've achieved...

What great stories so inspiring. Im at my heaviest ive ever been was 12stone 8lbs been on xen since 15 april and lost 8lbs. Learning to eat healthy and this is no joke but I drink st least 20 cans of diet coke a day and thats truth.

I have skinny legs but a massive middle lol and bioobs are too big lol

Want to get to at least 10 stone by xmas

Fantastic thread Lexie and just what I needed.

I had lost 4 stone but have now gained a stone back. I am doing hardly any exercise compared with the jogging i was doing last year so I am looking to try and get my fitness back this summer.

I am still 3 stone lighter than my heaviest which is great but i have got a long weigh to go. currently a size 16-18, I was a size 20-22 at my heaviest.

Loving this thread :) Sometimes it's so easy to get stuck in a routine of dieting and it's easy to forget how far we've all come already.

I started off at a 22/24 with very low confidence and self esteem. Lost quite a lot last year and got down to a size 16 and actually did a lot more stuff with my kids like visiting waterparks and going down the water rides with them. Can't say enough how much it meant to me to be joining in and not on the sidelines like I normally am. After my hols I started putting it back on again so I started dieting again this January and am now finally back to my lowest (size 16) in a long time with the help of the Xen I've gone back on and with a lot of help off Weight Watchers. I've had a 12 week referral scheme with them which runs out in a couple of weeks and I intend to pay by direct debit then as it will be a bigger incentive to keep going than paying weekly. I'm determined to get rid of the rest of the weight this year and my mini goal is to be a 14 or below by August for this years hols, then to jump straight back into it on my return till I've got a BMI of 25 or below. It is life changing for me. I can notice so much just for the amount I've already lost, like being able to do the moves on fitness dvd's. I can't wait now till I lose some more, each lb I lose now will be taking me down into a weight I haven't been in years and years.

Its great the buzz you get when you lose some weight even if it is just a pound :)

As long as I stay motivated I should be ok (I hope lol)

Back