Life after CD ???

fairy-mary

Hi all! Just wondering what's your plans after cd? Will you go up the steps after goal or move to ww or sw plans??? I'm reluctant to move up the plans as I think I'm getting sick of cd! Any ideas???

I'm in the middle of switching, very gingerly, over to Diet Chef. I slowly brought myself out of ketosis and have been buildings up my calories the past two weeks so I can start Diet Chef completely as of tomorrow. :)

ooh, let us know how you get on pandora - i'm planning on dietchef for after i've finished my steps, but the dietchef section on minis is like the grave.

anyway, i plan to step up over the minimum suggested seven weeks. so many restarters say that they didn't step up properly and that's one of the reasons they didn't maintain. I don't know about that. But I do know i'm very carb sensitive, and carbs are a big trigger, so i hope the steps will help me structure that element returning to my diet.

i dont think the book's much good for steps 4&5 - infuriating, really. but it's only 2 weeks for each step, i can just grin and bear it.

I am planning on going up the steps on CD. I know once your goal is reached there is an app you can get from CDC and pay £8.00 a month which you use as a food log for once you have reached your goal. You CDC then can view your food log at anytime and see how you are getting on she also does a monthly weigh in so I will be going for that option :)

I am going back to Slimming World after CD. It works for me as a lifestyle but I am using CD to get me to where I need to be and SW is just not quick enough. CD has shrunk my appetite and got me back to thinking about food and lifestyle choices on a whole. I would like to think that I won't need a "diet" plan but I am being realistic and I know I will never be one of those people who can eat what they like and never gain weight. Let us know what you choose and how you get on good luck xx

Speaking from personal experience I strongly advise everyone to limit carbs, at least to begin with. Adding them back too quickly usually leads to rebound gain on the scales. Water or no water we hate to see that regain and it can affect us just as negatively as a fat regain. Also, the ketosis-suppressed appetite and cravings can reappear overnight, sometimes very powerfully.

Cd is changing. They're bringing out 'my Cambridge' which includes the app. You can scan the barcodes of things and it tells you the nutritional value and you can log it. Your CDC can look at your diet too if you let them. They're bringing out a recipe book that goes from 810 to maintaining your weight. They're also bring out 300 cal meals to be used in maintanance.

So all change!

That sounds exciting Great things - do you know when they will be available? Hopefully by the time I am ready to satrt going up the plans (Easter ish) because I am going to go up them this time and do it once and for all - all the maintaining stuff will be great because I know I will always have to be aware of what I am eating.

Back