light head

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by snowmum, 20 April 2008 Social URL.

1. snowmum

snowmum Full Member

Hi can anyone explain what is going on medically with my light headedness. by that i mean is it blood pressure is it chemical imbalance,is it lack of clories for my poor brain etc.
    Secondly can anyone give me some tips on how to combat it? i am in very good health apart from the flab and have never experienced this before. I am in week five. Cheers

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!! It's usually what does it for me.... it probably isn't the food if you are having all 4 packs spaced out.... if the water doesn't improve, then go visit ur GP :D

Hope ur feelin better x

4. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

It's apparently called postural hypertension and it is to do with your blood pressure being a bit lower because you are dehydrated and can happen even if you're drinking a lot. I spoke to my GP about it and she said drink more and get up slowly! However, as Claire said, speak to your own doctor if you're worried. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

5. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Add some salt to your soups or have a savoury drink. Salt is supposed to help you retain water.

It helped me a bit on saturday evening, but I'm back to being dizzy and ill now. Can't even walk the dogs without getting pale and dizzy :rolleyes:

6. Chitty

Chitty Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Are you sure? It may be is different but on the CD we are told not to add salt?

7. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Its what my counsellor advised me on saturday :)

8. tigerlillythe7th

tigerlillythe7th Member

Yeah, on LL we are allowed 'limited amounts' of salt - I've found its helped with my light headiness...

9. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yeah toller girl is right. My LLC told me to add a little salt as it's caused by low blood pressure

10. snowmum

snowmum Full Member

thanks everyone. Interestingly I was reading a mag in Drs whilst waiting for 28 day check An article said drinking too much water especially too quickly can make you dizzy and light headed. Makes your brain swell due to washing out of salts minerals etc! Swollen brain! Yikes! I guess the old LL water wheel is right then little and often but not too much.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.