Lighter life/Slim Fast

jill36

Could someone tell me the difference between lighter life and Slim fast. Obviously SF is a lot cheaper.

Not sure all the ins and outs, but know that lighterlife is a ketogenic diet so you are going to lose weight at a much faster rate on LL than you would on SF.

I also know SF is full of sugar, hence it tastes ok ;)

LL also comes with the weekly CBT sessions which help you understand the reasons behind why we over eat in the first place and helps provide us with tools to use in everyday life.

I have tried slimfast myself and liked it, but IMO it isn't even worth comparing to ligherlife :) Sorry im not more informative, sure someone will be along soon to give you more advice

LL total is complete food replacement - so no other food at all. Whereas slimfast is suppost to be used in conjunction with food.

LL contains all of the vitamins/minerals/protein that you need in a day. Slimfast doesn't

They are completely different types of diet. Slimfast is a low calorie diet which helps you lose weight by reducing your calorie level. LL is a very low calorie diet (VLCD). It puts you into ketosis by reducing the calories to around 600 per day in total and keeping the carbs to less than 60g per day. This uses up your liver's glycogen store and then causes your body to use fat as its main energy source. This burns fat more quickly. In general people lose a stone a month on VLCDs.

Included in the cost of LL is group therapy using TA and CBT conselling techniques. The aim of this is to get you to evaluate your relationship with food and the intention is to change your behaviour around food so that at the end you don't put the weight back on. The are other VLCD plans which are much cheaper but none of them include therapy except for LL.

Back