Lighterlife - calling for support

on the verge

Hello all

I am new to this forum. I have been overweight since childhood and at age 15 lost 2.5 stones ( was still 5kg over-weight at this point) and maintained it with a vigerous 2 hr x 5times a week exercise schedule. However since then I have had a husband , 2 babies and a job. I have piled on the pounds and need to loose a lot of weight to gain my confidence. I am at the lowest point in my life and am trying to get something positive out of this situvation. Have tried other diets before but what i need is something that will give me quick results so i can keep my motivation on track.
I am logging into this forum for advice and support. Currently i have a stressful time at home and dont expect any support or help from here.
I have not joined lighter life yet but am seriously planning to take the dive.
I dont want to embark on this journey alone as i know it can be tough and dont want to end up a FAILURE.
I hope i can get some support and encouragement (on those rough days). I hope to be able to give the same to others who need it. SHARING THE HIGHS AND THE LOWS- TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT !
The one and only time i managed to loose significant weight was when i embarked on a healthy eating and strenuous exercise programme with a friend and it WORKED like MAGIC. I know that i could not have done it without my friend.
So I hope i will find new friends here who i can support and who will be able to support me through this.:newbie:

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi On_the_verge,

If you decide to do the diet it will change your life. It can be difficult to start but throughout the plan it gets easier! The website is one of the best supports I have come across and I am sure you will get losts of replies as the days go on!!

Louise x

Hello Miss Louise,

Thanks 4 the post. I have contacted a counsellor through the website so i am waiting for them to contact me. I am sure this will work but am worried if i will be able to do it on my own. I NEED TO DO THIS. I REALLY REALLY DO!
Have started to drink more water than normal as i think 4 L is a large amount I usually get by with 3 - 4 glasses of water a day.
Will post as soon as the counseller gets in touch with me.
x

Hope you make progress with getting on the program. It has great results. When you start, get yourself a diary and post often xx

Hi there - you will definately get support on this forum, but I would usggest you messgae a Mod and aske them to move this to th main part of the LL Forum, rather then here in the off-topic part, as this is deffo on topic.

WIshing you lots of luck and success - this diet works magic as long as youa re willing to committ and stick to it!!

Good luck to yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou Bondie logic for that useful comment. I have to figure out how to contact a moderator and I will move this thread. As it was my first thread I didnt quite realize waht i was doing.

I have been for the first introductory session and have decided to go through with this. I have an appointment with doc @ 11am tomorrow and am sure will get his OK. I am planning to start the diet tomorrow morning. WIll try and get the packs after the appointment. Will start the day with water and see how it goes. I am keeping every thing CROSSED !

Hello all,
Today is my day 1.
1L of water down by 10;30.
Got form signed by GP at 11
Got my packs at 12:30
Went to work - and more water down me !
Had my first sachet of mushroom soup at - 4pm. It was alright and tasted creamy and mushroomy.
But a headache is starting to develop. I need to have another soup I think ...but the first one was quite filling !

@ Blondie Logic - How can i contact a moderator to move my thread to the main forum. As I am a newbie I am unable to contact anyone it appears. I may be wrong ...can u help !

x

Take care

Good luck with the programme. It is fab. I find if I do not drink enough water then I get a headache but hang on in there it is well worth it x

You can get headaches in the first few days due to withdrawal from carbs. Just remember that it will pass. Within a week of starting on the programme I was full of energy and feeling better than I had in years.

Good luck :)
Honestly can identify with your first post, have just got through the first week on LL and feel fantastic, strangely I feel so much more focussed about life and found I got so much done last week... Don't know why, maybe because I wasn't obsessing about food?? Or maybe because I feel if. Can stick to something so strict then I can do anything? I found the first 2 days the hardest until the ketosis kicked in but after that it got easier.

Thank you Blondie Logic ! That was SUPER !!

Yes Jemima ........I am trying to keep drinking and am managing 3- 4 L a day.

Today has been good ...no headaches at all !! I am also not that hungry. I have been cooking and feeding the kids ...sitting with the family at the dinner table ...BUT not even a morsel passed my lips. Didnt even lick to check if salt etc was right !!!!
I have 2 issues I am hoping the wise people here can help with.

1. I am not enjoying my packs as much. They seem to have a chalky after taste. Is there any thing I can do to make it better. Esp the soups. I've tried vegetable, mushroom,minestrone - the flavour is good but there is something heavy and chalky about it that tabasco doesnt mask. Does anyone have any ideas. Perhaps I am not cooking it right. I just add boiling water(little at a time) to the powder and stir.
MAde chicken soup with boiling water and it tasted uncooked. So I put it in microwave for 40min and it ended up in a blobby mess. Ate half and threw the rest. Had lots of water instead.

If anyone has any ideas on this aspect it will be very welcome.

2. I have a bad taste in my mouth ...perhaps it is the ketosis. Can anyone suggest a nice citrusy mouth spray and where to find it ?

I am feeling well and am in it ALL THE WAY !!! I cant wait to wear a little red dress for Xmas and to go SKING in April with my little boy !!

Good luck every one.
xx

Thank you Blondie Logic ! That was SUPER !!

Yes Jemima ........I am trying to keep drinking and am managing 3- 4 L a day.

Today has been good ...no headaches at all !! I am also not that hungry. I have been cooking and feeding the kids ...sitting with the family at the dinner table ...BUT not even a morsel passed my lips. Didnt even lick to check if salt etc was right !!!!
I have 2 issues I am hoping the wise people here can help with.

1. I am not enjoying my packs as much. They seem to have a chalky after taste. Is there any thing I can do to make it better. Esp the soups. I've tried vegetable, mushroom,minestrone - the flavour is good but there is something heavy and chalky about it that tabasco doesnt mask. Does anyone have any ideas. Perhaps I am not cooking it right. I just add boiling water(little at a time) to the powder and stir.
MAde chicken soup with boiling water and it tasted uncooked. So I put it in microwave for 40min and it ended up in a blobby mess. Ate half and threw the rest. Had lots of water instead.

If anyone has any ideas on this aspect it will be very welcome.

2. I have a bad taste in my mouth ...perhaps it is the ketosis. Can anyone suggest a nice citrusy mouth spray and where to find it ?

I am feeling well and am in it ALL THE WAY !!! I cant wait to wear a little red dress for Xmas and to go SKING in April with my little boy !!

Good luck every one.
xx

1. I had a similar problem, or ended up with lumps! The boiling water is the problem. The way I combat this is to pour the powder into the cup first, mix in my salt/pepper/tabasco and then put just enough hot water from the tap into the cup to cover the powder. Whisk it up and then pour some boiling water in, whisk, pour more in, whisk, etc. until you've filled enough water to suit your taste! Seems to work a treat. You'll still get that little frothy top on the soup, but it's not lumpy or chalky!

2. This is definitely ketosis, but citrus-y ANYTHING is a no no. Citric acid will knock you out of ketosis and anything citrusy tasting that, somehow, doesn't have the citric acid in it will undoubtedly have sugars which will do the same. You're lumped with minty mouthsprays, I'm afraid! I can recommend Boots "dry mouth spray" - it freshens your breath and gets rid of any "fuzzy tongue" issues you might get from the soups. Also helps if you suffer dry mouth as a side effect, obviously!

Thankyou Pandoras inbox!

It took me a few days to realise the trick.....but thankgod I'm now sorted on that front and am currently enjoying my meals !! LOL

Hope u r sticking to plan and no devilish ideas creeping !!!!

x

Back