1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Linda McCartney fish free Scampi

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Llamasoks, 11 December 2013 Social URL.

1. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Clean Eating
    Help!

Been trying to find Syn values for these for absolutely ages, does anyone know?

All I can get online is;

Per 100g;

216Kcal
    4.8g protein
    28.6g carbs
    8.1g fat
    4.6g fibre

Any ideas lovely people?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Checked these out on the Tesco website. Can't find anything in the ingredients which qualify as a free food allowance, so I guess that you would have to apply the 1 syn per 20 calories rule.

Tesco gives the calories as 216 for a half pack - round that up to 220, that makes 11 syns for half a pack.

But I don't have access to the syns online, so I could be wrong.

I have always been puzzled about this sort of thing. Why would a vegetarian want to eat something made out of whey protein and pretending to be fish? Not criticizing - genuine curiosity!!

4. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    I was dreading that answer, I'm hoping someone with the online feature will be able to tell me for sure!

I'm not a vegetarian so can't really answer that, but I genuinely prefer Quorn to most meat, I think Quorn mince tastes nicer than beef, and I'm a bi overly cautious about chicken (had food poisoning too many times when on holidays away!). Seafood wise, I adore prawns etc but am allergic (increasingly so) to shellfish, so this is a nice alternative for me.

X

5. Debridger

Debridger On track to target

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(26.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World / JUDDDD combo
    Sorry to tell you this, don't shout at me lol
    According to SW online, it's 7.5syns per 100g

6. OK - that makes sense! Enjoy - that's what syns are for!!

7. turquatic

turquatic Full Member

I have been vegetarian for 6 months.
    I thought it was soya that products were made out of and that whey powder was for athletes. I'll have to have a read up on it.
    The reason I stopped eating meat firstly is because of the horse meat thing. So I stopped eating all beef products even though it was ready meals affected I still couldn't trust fresh.
    There are other reasons too but I don't want to offend anyone.

8. Llamasoks

Llamasoks Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    I completely understand being a vegetarian for ethical reasons, the only reason I'm not, is because I'm such a fussy eater, my health would suffer, though my diet is 90% meat free anyway as I don't particularly like the taste, I do occasionally eat fish and pork, but that's mostly it. Turquatic, I don't think you have to worry about offending people if that's your beliefs, a lot of people even who eat meat totally get why you don't.

And 7.5 really? Oh I am horrified!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.