Linda McCartney fish free Scampi

Llamasoks

Gold Member
Help!

Been trying to find Syn values for these for absolutely ages, does anyone know?

All I can get online is;

Per 100g;

216Kcal
4.8g protein
28.6g carbs
8.1g fat
4.6g fibre

Any ideas lovely people?

Checked these out on the Tesco website. Can't find anything in the ingredients which qualify as a free food allowance, so I guess that you would have to apply the 1 syn per 20 calories rule.

Tesco gives the calories as 216 for a half pack - round that up to 220, that makes 11 syns for half a pack.

But I don't have access to the syns online, so I could be wrong.

I have always been puzzled about this sort of thing. Why would a vegetarian want to eat something made out of whey protein and pretending to be fish? Not criticizing - genuine curiosity!!

I was dreading that answer, I'm hoping someone with the online feature will be able to tell me for sure!

I'm not a vegetarian so can't really answer that, but I genuinely prefer Quorn to most meat, I think Quorn mince tastes nicer than beef, and I'm a bi overly cautious about chicken (had food poisoning too many times when on holidays away!). Seafood wise, I adore prawns etc but am allergic (increasingly so) to shellfish, so this is a nice alternative for me.

X

I was dreading that answer, I'm hoping someone with the online feature will be able to tell me for sure!

I'm not a vegetarian so can't really answer that, but I genuinely prefer Quorn to most meat, I think Quorn mince tastes nicer than beef, and I'm a bi overly cautious about chicken (had food poisoning too many times when on holidays away!). Seafood wise, I adore prawns etc but am allergic (increasingly so) to shellfish, so this is a nice alternative for me.

X

OK - that makes sense! Enjoy - that's what syns are for!!

I have always been puzzled about this sort of thing. Why would a vegetarian want to eat something made out of whey protein and pretending to be fish? Not criticizing - genuine curiosity!!
I have been vegetarian for 6 months.
I thought it was soya that products were made out of and that whey powder was for athletes. I'll have to have a read up on it.
The reason I stopped eating meat firstly is because of the horse meat thing. So I stopped eating all beef products even though it was ready meals affected I still couldn't trust fresh.
There are other reasons too but I don't want to offend anyone.

I completely understand being a vegetarian for ethical reasons, the only reason I'm not, is because I'm such a fussy eater, my health would suffer, though my diet is 90% meat free anyway as I don't particularly like the taste, I do occasionally eat fish and pork, but that's mostly it. Turquatic, I don't think you have to worry about offending people if that's your beliefs, a lot of people even who eat meat totally get why you don't.

And 7.5 really? Oh I am horrified!

Back