Linda McCartney Rosemary and Red ONion sausages

Ophelia105

Silver Member
I love these - does anyone know who is stocking them at the moment? I've tried my local tesco and asda an no luck!

Auburn said:
The only place I have seen them is the bigger of the Asda's here, in the freezer section :)

Thanks Auburn - ill go and check out the bigger Asda as I believe these are the only syn free veggie sausages and I really like them!

are these really syn freee ??????

yes enjoy.

My larger stores of sainsburys sell them too.

I tried these but I'm really not sure.....I smothered mine in baked beans but just couldn't quite get my head around the taste. Such a shame as these with wedges, egg & beans would be a completely syn/hex free dinner.....

I had these last night, they were nice but not a substitute for sausages!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

good to know the italian ones are only half a syn,im surrounded by tesco on 3 sides here....

sharon, 9.5 lbs the first week! thats the biggest loss ive ever heard of ,and 4 the next week wow.did you take up exercise as well ? i lost a stone in 2 weeks the first time i did sw,but i'd had a baby and was in process of ending feeding him.
best wishes daisyx

Tried these tonight, very tasty! Definitely going to buy more xx

Great, I've got a co-op nearby. I'm always on the look out for syn free veggie stuff that's easy to cook. Still haven't got over the great quorn sausage debacle of 2011 :cry:

mrs.w said:
Great, I've got a co-op nearby. I'm always on the look out for syn free veggie stuff that's easy to cook. Still haven't got over the great quorn sausage debacle of 2011 :cry:

The sausages go really well in a comfort food type bean and sausage casserole. They seem to swell up and even bigger!

Can i ask how you guys cook yours? Sometimes mine are lovely and other times I just can't finish eating them as they taste almost raw even if piping hot! Xx

In a casserole, just had it. It was delicious!!! Bung carrot, red onions, herbs and the frozen sausages in a pot, cover with beef stock pot/water and oven for an hour. Was really lovely xx

image-817315899.jpg

I sometimes find I end up over cooking mine. I really like them and prefer them to the "normal" sausages in the range (but tht might be because I've been eating them for the last 20 years!!!)

The co-op stock them too now, £2 for a box and some branches of Sainsburys also seem to have them which is fab news!

I tend to eat mine as part of Sunday dinner with lots of gravy as I find they can be a little dry sometimes.

Back