linseed

jillyg65

hello

are we allowed linseed does anyone know?
have been told it will help with my toilet, blockage problems:cry:.

thank you

Linseed is a very high fat food, so I would avoid if at all possible and look for other transit solutions first.

hello

are we allowed linseed does anyone know?
have been told it will help with my toilet, blockage problems:cry:.

thank you

Have you tried wheatbran? You're allowed 1tbsp every now and again if you're experiencing problems. Also, rhubarb can be helpful - I'm not sure how much you're allowed per day, but hopefully someone else will be able to post that info.

i have wheat bran everyday.
i have rhubarb every day.
i have a natural tablet from holland and barrett called ''colax''

and i STILL struggle!!!!

got so worried last week as the Dukan sometimes does not get good publicity regarding constipation, so I bit the bullet and went for colonic!!! (i am the last person that would ever have had something like that done!!)
but, i could just relax more knowing all the protein wasn't blocked up!!!

I am also suffering!! I "went" twice in one month!!!! - no joke! Suffering still, have followed advise from the experts on here; take col- cleanse 3 times a day, rhubarb on PV days and I have 1 tablespoon of wheat bran daily but it's not really helping!
Any more suggestions experts....please??!

i have wheat bran everyday.
i have rhubarb every day.
i have a natural tablet from holland and barrett called ''colax''

and i STILL struggle!!!!

got so worried last week as the Dukan sometimes does not get good publicity regarding constipation, so I bit the bullet and went for colonic!!! (i am the last person that would ever have had something like that done!!)
but, i could just relax more knowing all the protein wasn't blocked up!!!

Ooh I keep toying with the idea of a colonic but not found anywhere I fancy to have it done yet! How did you find it?

I am also suffering!! I "went" twice in one month!!!! - no joke! Suffering still, have followed advise from the experts on here; take col- cleanse 3 times a day, rhubarb on PV days and I have 1 tablespoon of wheat bran daily but it's not really helping!
Any more suggestions experts....please??!

I seem to remember on the official live chat they advised someone the other day to drink ice cold water first thing and do some crunches.

I had problems the first 2 weeks, but since then I've gotten really regular -way improved over pre-Dukan for transit. I don't eat much dairy and I tend towards leafy greens and broccolli on PV days, both of which are supposed to be helpful.

Not sure whether this will help or not but I take Vit C tablets for my health. I take between 5-8 per day of 500mcg (from Asda) every 2 hours or so. You cannot apparently overdose on Vit C as all that will happen is you will have loose stools.

Vitamin C: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

I have not suffered at all with constipation on this diet (or loose stools) so how much of that is down to Vit C I don't know.

I'd advise posting some menus... do you eat plenty of green veg? The first thing in the morning cold water trick often works for me. Exercise too can help.

For me it's espresso - loo rocket fuel!

Sorry for hijaking the thread by the way!

As always you are All such fountains of knowledge! :)
Green veg, hot water & lemon, lots of exercise - check! I am also having rhubarb and wheat bran Daily.
Tomorrow morning Will try ice cold water and lots of crunches!! :) :) and failing that, place an order with amazon!

Does anyone know if it's OK to have a tablespoon of wheat bran Daily? I know in the book it's "tolerated" but I am worried that along with the bowel issues it's causing my slight stall :( ps it's the only tolerated item I have. X

yesterday, i bought some prunes and ate half the packet. and then last night i ate a small packet of liquorice!
all naughty. but, desperate measure are in place!!! and they did work. but , i cant eat prunes everyday!!

the col clear did not work for me.

i went to holland and barrett and got the colax. i still maybe only go once or twice a week. but, better than nothing.

tomorrow i am actually going to buy senokot. was trying to stay away from the ''real'' drugs!! but, i think it is dangerous NOT to go and we have all the Protein sat in our colon!! it is NOT good and i so do not like the thought of it.

if you knew me, i am the LAST person that would ever go for colonic! but, there was a show on in OZ (my friend lives there) about this diet, and the reviews were poor. especially about constipation.
it got me worried and i decided to close my eyes , and go for colonic!!
i am the MOST conservative person you would meet!

i found the most fantastic lady in liverpool. joannewillcox.com*|*
she puts you so so at ease and is fantastic.
where do you live.... Christell?? because I can highly recommend her.

i have 2 more appointments booked.
while i am cruise i will have to go for colonic as i do not go to the toilet.

before this diet i was very regular!

christell- just seen you live in denmark!
well, the website i gave you, gives you lots of info about colonic. so just have a read
x

Thanks Jilly! Mum and Dad live up north not that far from The Pool :) so I think I will book myself in when over in a few weeks!
Needs must!!
Hey, I had some luck the other day :) - followed the advise given on here this is what I did:
Started morning with

]Thanks Jilly! Mum and Dad live up north not that far from The Pool :) so I think I will book myself in when over in a few weeks!
Needs must!!
Hey, I had some luck the other day :) - followed the advise given on here this is what I did:
Started morning with an iced cold water, 1 col cleanse tablet & 2 vit c, then 50 stomach crunches! With breakfast I had a hot water and lemon.
Took a total of 3 col cleanse and 6 vit c in one day, continued to exercise and eat lots of green veg and drink lots of cold water. I also had rhubarb on PV days!
Good luck and let me know how you get on! X

gosh, can't believe what we need to go through to go to the loo!!
if you book with Joanne (number on her website.) tell her jillian sent you.
she is just amazing and puts you at ease straight away,
she is a real character, and you just laugh and laugh!
she will also explain the whole procedure!
if you go ...let me know and good luck!

i have had vitamin c today (not as much as you)
take my col ax at night. normally take 2 =- think i will take 3.
have rhubarb every day. even on PP days!

tomorrow is a PV and i have bought a whole bag of frozen rhubarb and will be having it through out the day!!!

Back