Lipotrim again or Gastric Band???

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
Hi all!!

I'm having quite a decision to make! I have been referred to the barriatric clinic at a hospital for a gastric band. I had my first appointment yesterday and the enormity of it hit me pretty hard. I'm so cross at myself for getting to this point and now i'm having doubts about whether that is the way for me to go.

a couple of years ago i did lipotrim for 4 months and lost 5.5 stone. i have never been happier than i was then. i piled the weight back on plus more and i'm just thinking now, why don't i just do it again - get the weight off and then deal with the nightmare of keeping it off.

i always thought i could never put my life on hold like that again (i was a student at uni so no food/drink was pretty severe!!) but now i'm thinking i dont know what wouldnt be worth losing the weight. It doesnt even feel like i'm putting my life on hold this time.

i'd really appreciate anyone's thoughts or advice on this sort of thing! all you guys that are doing lipotrim now, i think i need some success stories to make my mind up!!

I remember my hair thinning a little (fortunatly i have loads so it wasnt a problem).
I remember feeling dizzy at the gym or if i'd been sat down for ages then jumped up.
I remember terrible constipation :ashamed0005:

but other than that i just remember feeling great. After a while i would struggle with 3 shakes a day, i used to often have 2 only.

The other thing i'm terrified about is i quit smoking 3 months ago for the gastric banding (reducing infection etc) but when i was on lipotrim i smoked maybe 25 a day to replace food!! I'm so scared i'll start again.

anyway thanks if you read all of that!!

love Sarah xxxx

Hi Sarah, this is a toughie and unfortunately I only have experience of LT. I understand that gastric banding is a solution for those who have no other option as they have tried and failed at everything else, but any surgery is a risk, especially if you are morbidly obese. All I can suggest is get in contact with as many people who have had this done as possible, to get as much insight into the up and downside of it.

I wish you all the very best of success, whatever path you choose.

Back