Lipotrim Doubts

amoria01

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could perhaps eliminate some doubts i am having about starting the Lipotrim diet. I went to start the diet a little while ago but stopped after 2 shakes because i began to read articles about the diet telling me that people had lost their hair through doing the diet, and people piling on weight after they came off the shakes.

I know everyone is different, and because i only have 2 stone to lose, i'm hoping i won't experience any of the more serious problems (like losing my hair).

Any positive stories relating to Lipotrim would be greatly appreciated (There aren't many out there, and i have searched!!)

xx

Hi there :)
I am on my third week of the diet so i know im not that far into it but i do believe it works.
I havent felt any really negative effects... Apart from being a bit hungry and tired i feel fine. I havent lost any hair or had any serious side effects.
As for gaining it, you have to understand you can never eath the wau you used to. Even eating the regular 2000 cals a day is too much, youre going from less than 500 cals to 2000 cals, which would make you gaim weight. Just make sure you talk to the right people :) good luck

If you've only got two stones to lose you'll only need to be on the diet for about 8 weeks.
You then refeed - if you don't do this right you'll baloon up FAST.

Obvs as with any diet if you go back to eatting rubbish and binge eating your'e going to get fat again! It's obvious.

There are side effects - you can get constipation - Take psyillium husk to alleviate this, it works wonders.
Hair loss can also happen (never has to me) but it grows back after the diet is over.

For some of the first week you will feel awful - headache, maybe sick, dizzy, tired etc... But after 3-5 days ketosis will kick in (fat burning) and you'll feel fine and the hunger will go away.

My biggest problems on this diet are constipation (I'm now taking the husks and they're really helping) and boredom - I've never managed it for more than 5 weeks.

week 10 / 11 for me. not had any of the hair loss u mention. ive had cold hands and bad breath but they dissappeared after a few weeks. wont take long for you to lose 2 stone. with regards to weight gain after, just make sure u dont eat the same crap u used to and do refeed properly. this diet is sooooooooo hard, but soooooooo worth the results. x

Hi amoria, the lipotrim video ( found on their website) clearly explains all the fears you have mentioned in great detail. Personally I did 21 weeks on L/T in 2010 and i did lose some hair towards the end but no one else could tell and it did grow back. You dont go bald by any means, the video explains that if you start to lose a bit of hair this is because new hair is already on its way and it sheds the old hair to make way for the new hair. Hope this helps :)

Thanks do much for your replies everyone!! I have had one shake already today and i'm wondering when I should maybe have my next so I'm not starving later!

I was thinking I may stay on this diet for a week as a kick start to my weight loss and then maybe try a low calorie diet from then on... Avoiding carbs! - hopefully then it won't be a case of me never being able to eat 'properly' again because of the diet :)

Thanks Daisy1966, I will take a look at that video, I didn't know it was on there :)

Thanks again everyone! Really do appreciate your responses on this one!

Good luck to you all on your weight losses! We can do it!! :)

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could perhaps eliminate some doubts i am having about starting the Lipotrim diet. I went to start the diet a little while ago but stopped after 2 shakes because i began to read articles about the diet telling me that people had lost their hair through doing the diet, and people piling on weight after they came off the shakes.

I know everyone is different, and because i only have 2 stone to lose, i'm hoping i won't experience any of the more serious problems (like losing my hair).

Any positive stories relating to Lipotrim would be greatly appreciated (There aren't many out there, and i have searched!!)

xx

I think you'll find that a lot of people gain weight after any diet if they go back to their old ways. In my opinion it's the person who's failed by not changing their lifestyle, not the diet. I can't comment on the hair loss either. I have been on this diet now for nearly 13 weeks and I've had no hair loss.
Personally I think the diet is a great help. I have managed to lose nearly 3 and a half stone so far and I'm now very close to my goal. I have tried to lose the weight before through following weight watchers and after following the diet for the same amount of time I'd lose maybe a stone, get annoyed with the diet, go back to old ways and put it all on again. Once I reach goal I plan on switching to weight watchers to maintain. I'm hoping that being TFR has helped me to realise that there's more to life than snacking on un-needed food out of boredom or stress :)

Hi LainaG!
Thanks or your response, and well done on your weightloss! You are spot on about weight watchers taking a long time and going back to eating how you used to again because it tales so long! Thanks for your advice... Glad to hear you didnt experience hair loss, maybe i will be one if the lucky ones!
I'm hungry now... Not sure when to have my next shake... x

I'd not do this diet for just a week. Week one is mainly waterloss - the fat loss starts in earnest after that!
Stick to it for a month if you can, it's really, really worth it. Whatever you decide you must refeed - I can't stress this enough!

Back