• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Lipotrim to Atkins

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
I think Shazpaz did but Atkins isn't all that good for you.

Maka

A New Woman
Thanks Cathy. Is it bad cos of all the fat? how about a low-fat version? I was reading about the Scarsdale diet and found a combo of Atkins/Scarsdale that's low-fat

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
What is it that makes you want to switch?

I did atkins, and gained it all back. I remember atkins wants you to gradually increase carbs when you come off it, and stay on atkins pretty much for ever. I lost the weight, increased carbs too fast n put it all on plus some. I much prefer LT.
Atkins also doesn't give you enough of the necessary vits/minerals in my opinion.
What is the combo diet like?

Guen

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Yeah all that meat and cheese. I mean on which diet is a fry up good for you?! I'm gunna be following low GI long term, you may want to look into that theres alot of vareity on it. I read Rick Gallops book on it and its really good.

Maka

A New Woman
I don't know much about GI unfortunately. Can you give me the specific title of the book and author so that I can order it and read up on it.

I just said Atkins cos I'd been on it 2 years ago and lost as much weight as I've done now. From Size 22 when I started at the end of April, my Size 16s now fit(could be looser) and my goal is Size 14. That's where I'm most comfortable and happiest.

I am increasingly miserable on LT and just hate everything: soups, shakes, bars - the lot. That;s why I want to switch.

I'll try to find the Atkins/Scarsdale again and post it asap

Maka

A New Woman
Here's the Atkins/Scarsdale I found:

SPECIAL MENU - ONLY 20 CARBS PER DAY
Note: This is NOT the regular Scarsdale Diet!!!

MONDAY

1/2 Grapefruit (small - 3.5")
Scandinavian Bran Crispbread, (or Bran-A-Crisp, or lowest net carb bread available) 1 slice

Chicken, 2 skinless breast
Tomatoes, 1 Italian Roma

Salmon, (or other fish or shellfish) 8 oz. steak
Mixed salad greens, 2 cups
Bran Crispbread , 1 slice
Strawberries, 1/2 cup sliced

Totals 884 cals 20g fat 20g carb 150g pro

TUESDAY

Cottage Cheese, Friendship 1%, 4oz.
Light Sour Cream, 1 T
Walnuts, 3 whole

Chicken, 2 skinless breast (or Lean Meat)
Cucumber, 3 slices
Celery, 2.5" strip
Olives, 4 green

Totals 857 cals 25g fat 21g carb 129g pro

WEDNESDAY

Tuna, Tongol Chunk Light in Water 1 can
Mixed salad greens, 1 cup
Tomatoes, 1 Italian Roma

Chicken, 2 skinless breast (or Lean Meat)
Cucumber, 3 slices
Celery, 2.5" strip
Tomatoes, 1 Italian Roma

Totals 796 cals 13g fat 19g carb 140g pro

THURSDAY

2 Eggs
Zucchini squash, 1 large

Spinach, 5 oz

Totals 884 cals 24g fat 19g carb 142g pro

FRIDAY

Cabot 50% Light Cheese, 4 oz.
Spinach, 5 oz

Salmon, (or other fish or shellfish) 8 oz. steak
Broccoli, 1 cup floweretes

Totals 613 cals 26g fat 21g carb 81g pro

SATURDAY

Bran Crispbread, 1 slice

Light Sour Cream, 1 T
Walnuts, 3 whole

Lettuce, 2 cups
Tomatoes, 1/2 Italian Roma

Totals 838 cals 24g fat 21g carb 129g pro

SUNDAY

Broccoli, 1/2 cup flowerettes
Cauliflower, 1/2 cup

Salmon, (or other fish or shellfish, or lean meat)
Lettuce, 2 cups
Cucumber, 3 slices
Celery, 4" strip
Tomatoes, 1/2 Italian Roma

Totals 894 cals 20g fat 18g carb 150g pro

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
Oh, are you really finding LT so bad? Poor thing.
Did you gain back the weight you lost on Atkins?
Honestly, in terms of lifeplan I'm a staunch supporter of GI too. A lot of people here are.
Why not try Cambridge? You don't have far to go, and the change in diet might get you over the final hurdle?
I started at size 22 too. Now I'm very comfy in a 20. I would like to be a 12 as I'm only 5ft 1. I'm taking a break after 12 weeks I think, and restarting after the summer. Don't think I can take it any longer. That might be revised tho.

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
The book i've read is The GI Diet by Rick Gallop, you can get it off Amazon quite cheap or in most bookstores x

I m almost finding LT tough and the appeal of atkins is growing, i would love a nice fillet steak with salad, the thought of living off fry ups fightens me so I know I would stick at it, I can continue LT but would like snacks like ham or eggs

Another one to look at is the Dukan diet, its along the same lines as Atkins, but after the first two weeks you can add veg etc. Its very healthy... A positive attitude will get you down the last few pounds and well done on your super loss so far....

i am very naughty i have cheated almost every week on LT but when i hvae i have done atkins style - steak and salad, fish and salad only once or twice on the weekends the rest of the week i am strict except for maybe sucking on tic tacs then spitting them out but i have had good weight loss 1.5 stone in 3 weeks!! it gives me something to look forward to if i cheat a little and find that one meal on the weekend keeps me disaplined all week - i am not suggesting everyone cheats as your only cheating yourself but this works well for me xx