Lipotrim vs cambridge

kelbelmarie

Hi I was wondering if anyone tried the cambridge diet before Lipotrim? I know cambridge is more expensive at £42! apart from that are there any difference in the diets at all?

I did cambridge a few years back and could not stick to it I'm on day 4 of lipotrim now and hardly bothered by it at all! I think that's more to do with my state of mind though I'd probably say the only difference other than price is there's a wider variety of flavours on cambridge! Hope this helps xx

Can't comment on Cambridge as I haven't tried it and I don't even know what it's about, but can tell you this.. If your doubting lipotrim because its total food replacement then don't. Yes the first few days are uncomfortable any honest person will tell you that but once your into ketosis it's simply mind over matter. I never thought I could do this, my family didnt even think I could and here I am 9 weeks later! X x x

In my personal experience - having tried both for periods of time. My preference is Lipotrim. Cambridge diet has a large variety of flavours but I would say this is the downfall, they do not feel like as much of a restriction, they are very sweet and taste like you would expect a banana milkshake to taste for example. So the cravings for certain foods don't subside as much as they would with the blandness of lipotrim. Another example would be porridge.. i started to think oh this tastes exactly like regular porridge if i can do this well, i will just go bk to regular porridge and just have that and save myself money. Its just too easy to slip from the shakes to real food, the line is too close.
The positives of cambridge v's Lipotrim would be the tetra packs, they are readymade shakes that are so handy for out and about and saves all the fuss. But again I would say these are super sweet and almost sickly.
Lipotrim for me is total restriction which i need and is what i think people seek when they decide to go for a tfr diet, they dont need temptation or choice, its these things i wanted to take away.
For me Cambridge is much cheaper in Belfast than Lipotrim but I would rather spend more for less, and teach myself that i don't need certain things anymore. If chocolate really does taste like chocolate and so on.. i dunno if thats working for me.

I agree with missy3. Have done both and there is so much variety on cambridge that its not strict enough and I find myself wanting to eat food, ketosis or no ketosis!

There's shakes, soups, bars, vegetable drink flavourings, water flavourings etc etc which is all good but not for me as I need to break the food habit...the line is far too close!

For some reason I lose more every week on Lipotrim also and I've noticed that there does seem to be bigger losses on the lipotrim threads. I know the calories and composition are the same but wondering if all the allowed extras have some responsibility for this...

I also prefer the lipotrim referring programme. A lot quicker, a lot more realistic and not so drawn out...xx

Refeeding - not referring :)

Back