lisa's calorie counting diary

katoof

Silver Member
Hello everyone, I've decided to start a diary on here and would welcome comments, advice and support from other calorie counters.
Ok so about me I guess... My name is Lisa and I have been doing slimming world for a year and have decided to move to calorie counting. I'm 26 years old, i work with children with autism and am married. This time last year I was heading towards 25 st and I'm 5ft 5. When i started slimming world i joined my local gym and after going once and feeling so self conscious and out of place I struggled to go back. I did go back in the first week of february and saw people going to do a class, I thought if i went to a class I would have to grin and bear the embarrassment for at least an hour. Well the class was bodystep, I don't know if any of you have tried it? Well I couldnt even get across the step, I couldn't keep up and i wanted to cry. The instructor approached me after and told me I had done well and asked me to give it four goes, well by march I was hooked on bodystep, body attack and body balance, I now also do bodypump and bodycombat and seem to live at yhe gym.
I would love to lose five stone more but seem to have hit a wall, lost 4 lb in January but that took everything I had and i cant put my finger on why. I have started using my fitness pal and my target is 1600-1700 cals a day which I know I'd quite high but I need a bit extra as I burn 6000/7000 calories per week in exercise classes and i feel crap if I don't eat enough.

Well I look forward to getting to know people here as I'm used to my group at slimming world so feels quite lonely trying calorie counting.

Had a mixed day so far todays! Off work with a bug so can't do my classes this evening and am bored so the kitchen is calling. Just filled up on the biggest bowl of glorious skinny soup.

Had my first graze box come today and have not resisted very well, had two of the boxes and yum, i love them! Just dangerous items to have arrive when sitting on the sofa watcing daytime tv

I have managed to resist two boxes , it will be easier normally as I won't be at home ALL day with them. Boy was it tasty !

Today has been a good day, feeling better and I don't work on a Thursday. Went to step this morning and burnt over 500 calories, then off out for lunch with my friend, chose healthy options and had a lovely time. Went back to the gym and burnt over 500 calories in bodystep and then over 500 in bodycombat. So nearly 1600 calories burnt and even with my lunch out I've consumed just under 1800.

Katoof what a fantastic result so far, good on you for persevering with the exercise and I bet you feel soooo much better for it!
I too, up Untill recently followed sliming world on and off but need to re focus so am trying calorie counting. I have been to body attack and my god it's hard !!!

Oh wow its good to hear from someone else who has changed off slimming world, how are you finding the change? I live for body my classes now, bodystep is my favourite, followed by pump, combat and attack! I also do bodybalance to help streach out and get more flexible

It's not that it doesn't work because a few yrs ago I got to my goal weight, then I became pregnant with my son which I used as the biggest excuse to eat lol, I've been playing at it for 4 yrs on and off and I am bored with it and do it only 80%.
So I felt I needed something to get my teeth into, I've only been counting calories since Monday and I have wondered if I should stick to what I know but I'm giving my life a complete overhaul. I've given up smoking, exercising 3 times a week and desperate to get to a healthy weight.
I've started a diary logging my daily calorie intake it's called this is me if you want to have a look. X

I know what you mean, I've only been calorie counting for two weeks and had good results on slimming world. I just felt like I needed a change and also feel it easier to socialize and eat out calorie counting as most meals would take me over syns on s.w whereas now I can just be careful with the rest of my calories that day. I will follow your diary closely

Yeah that sounds great as I feel really daunted at time calorie counting and now don't even have weekly group to share my worries... lol I sound so sad but its just stressful not knowing how my body will adapt. I'm trying to only weigh once a week on a Saturday afternoon! When are you weighing?

I am weighing Monday morning. I know a lot of people don't like meetings such as SW or WW but I did enjoy it, was quite a social thing really, getting new ideas etc.
I find myself already looking at calorific value an everything! One thing that has struck me is that some foods packaged as diet food is about the same calorie value as normal food! For example I bought morrisons own cerial bar which is 94 cals yet special k bars are about 90 cals and 3 times the price. How mad is that

I know, I'm being so careful what I buy now, I was so used to slimming world but now I can eat so much more its like starting again, learning what suits me and isn't too high in calories.

Another good day so far, currently got nearly 500 calories remaining and xm going to have an innocent veg pot for dinner as just got in from bodycombat and am too tired and lazy to cook. Burnt 630 calories though so am pleased with that!

I am loving the glorious skinny soups, I have one of them huge pots, with a slice of wholemeal granary bread toasted for lunch and I'm so full for less than 350 calories

I buy them in the chilled section in Sainsbury. They are just over 200 calories for 600g, I had the butternut squash one today 206 calories. They are called glorious skinny soup. They aren't the cheapest, think its heading for nearly £2 for the 600g tub but I love them and they fill me up, bought three with my last shop and all have gone

I'm so happy! Been calorie counting for two weeks now since leaving slimming world, last week I was so dissapointed as I only lost 0.5 lb. This week I had injured my knee and had a day off sick so wasn't feeling very hopeful but I have managed to loose 2.5 lb this week. I am officialy in the 14 st bracket and now have just under 5 st to get to my target weight.

That is fantastic Lisa, it just goes to show that our bodies sometimes need time to adjust!
It's so hard to stay focused and motivated when we have a disappointing week at the scales. But you stayed with it and 3lb in 2 wks is great keep going, you will soon be very near your goal weight x

I am learning that no matter how upset I may feel with a bad week that its the bigger picture I need to look at.

So today I've smashed myself in body pump and bodycombat anv Sn about to have some lunch to re fuel as over 1000 calories burnt!

Sainsburys shop should he arriving tonight, lots of yummy healthy food for me to enjoy this week

Yes you are right Lisa, although most people weigh weekly we should actually see how we are doing over a month, if a healthy weight loss is 1lb a week on average 4 lb is a great loss, however most of us are impatient so and so's and want to loose 10 to 14 lb a month!
I'm like you though, this is a life change and a pound a week is fine because I can keep up running 3 times a week and I can cope with what I am eating, healthy during the week, a take away on weekend and the odd bar of chocolate ;)

Back