List of Dukan safe foods - for new people

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
I came across this list and thought it might be useful to some new people. Feel free to add (or delete?).

Remember your oatbran (1.5 tablespoons daily in attack, 2.0 tablespoons in cruise)

Fat free SUGAR free dairy is unlimited in attack, restricted to 1L in cruise (including skimmed milk which shouldn't exceed 1/4L (250ml)).

Straight from Pierre Dukan – these are 100 natural foods for good health. During the attack phase when you are consuming all protein, you will of course want to stick to the attack phase menu that you can find in the sidebar. Doktor Pierre Dukan is specific in his instructions that the approved foods are non-negotiable. During the attack phase, you don’t eat the vegetables but can have all of the lean proteins, seafood and poultry that you like. Load up on plenty of herbs to flavor your food during the attack phase and don’t forget the oat bran. Dr. Pierre Dukan in his Dukan Diet cookbook offers up loads of great recipes using only the approved ingredients for your attack phase and the cruise phase. Cheating on the diet will slow your results and is not recommend. That said, here is the Dukan Diet 100 Safe Foods List.
You can eat as much as you want of the following:

Dukan Super Protein Rich Foods

Meal and Offal
1. Beef Steak
2. Fillet of Beef
3. Sirloin Steak
4. Roast Beef
5. Tongue
6. Bresaola – air dried beef
7. Rump Steak
8. Veal chop
9. Veal Escalope
10. Kidney
11. Calf’s liver
12. Pre-cooked sliced chicken and turkey (no fat or rind)
13. Pre-cooked sliced ham slices (no fat or rind)
14. Reduced fat Bacon
15. Rabbit
16. Game including Venison, pheasant, partridge, hare, grouse
Fish
17. Dover Sole
18. Bass
19. Fresh Cod
20. Crab/ocean sticks
21. Haddock
22. Dab/lemon sole
23. Grey mullet
24. Hake
25. Herring
26. Mackerel
27. Halibut
28. Monkfish
29. Plaice
30. Pollock/Coley
31. Rainbow trout/salmon trout
32. Salmon
33. Smoked Salmon
34. Sardines
35. Sea Bream
36. Swordfish
37. Skate
38. Tuna
39. Turbot
40. Whiting
41. Fish Roe (cod, salmon, mullet and herring
42. Red Mullet

Seafood
43. Calamari/Squid
44. Clams
45. Crab
46. Cockles
47. Lobster
48. Mediterranean Prawns
49. Crawfish/crayfish
50. Dublin Bay Prawns
51. Mussels
52. Prawns
53. Scallops
54. Oysters
55. Shrimps
56. Whelks

Poultry and Game
57. Chicken
58. Chicken Liver
59. Poussin
60. Guinea Fowl
61. Ostrich
62. Quail
63. Turkey
64. Pigeon

Eggs
65. Hen’s Eggs
66. Quail’s Eggs

Non-fat Dairy
67. Non-fat fromage frais
68. Non-fat quark/non-fat yogurt (plain or sugar free - Total 0% is recommended)
69. Non-fat cottage cheese
70. Non-fat greek yogurt
71. Skim milk

Vegetable Protein
72. Tofu

Vegetables (Intro as Cruise Phase Foods Only!)
73. Artichoke
74. Asparagus
75. Eggplant
76. Beet root
77. Cabbage – all types including white, red, savoy, cauliflower, Chinese leaves, kohlrabi, kale, brussels sprout and more
78. Broccoli and purple sprouting broccoli
79. Carrot
80. Chicory
81. Celery and celery root
82. Zucchini or Courgette
83. Cucumber
84. Leek
85. Onion
86. Fennel
87. Mushrooms
88. Turnip
89. French beans/string beans
90. Palm Hearts
91. Sweet Peppers
92. Radish
93. Rhubarb
94. Pumpkin and other squash
95. Salad leaves – all types of lettuce including arugula, rocket, watercress, romaine, alfalfa, sorrel, curly endive and more
96. bean sprouts/mung sprouts
97. Swede
98. Spinach
99. Swiss chard
100. Tomatoes
The Dukan Diet Food list gives you an idea of good healthy natural foods that you can eat to benefit your health and your weight management. It gives you a realistic sense of what you can eat on the Dukan Diet. If you find it helpful, print out the Dukan Diet 100 Safe Food List to take with you when you are on the go.

Last edited:
Brillant - this is the list that first got me hooked on Dukan. I read it in a magazine in a Doctor's waiting room and the rest is history

I noticed "soy beans" in the list - new comers need to know that this means "bean sprouts/mung sprouts" not whole edamame or frozen whole soya beans. (Shame. I love'em)

For some reason i thought we could have Parsnip, silly me. How different is Turnip?

For some reason i thought we could have Parsnip, silly me. How different is Turnip?

We can - carrots - parsnips - turnip. Enjoy root veg in moderation but all are allowed.

Can we have pickled beetroot, you know the jarred kind??

With pickles you have to be careful what they are pickled in, if its straight vinegar and herbs youre fine, when sugar is higher up the ingredient list then be more careful. They really vary by brand.

Which stock cubes are ok to use? I want to make soup later.

A good reminder for everyone Jo and a quick checklist for new starters. Thanks. :)

hey this is cool and seen as i have my computer on all day im just writing here so i can come back to it if i need to .... quicker than finding the book and flicking through it, im lazy i know lol x thanks

Tks Maintainer very handy info but what cut of beef is 'beef steak'? I only know of beef as in sirloin, fillet or roast in the lower fat category. Cheers.....

Saska

Saska, the book says

'beef, except for ribs, spare ribs and cuts used for braising or stewing' so i would say all of the ones you list are ok. I buy Asda/Aldi beef chunks and the pieces that are used from frying, sometimes steaks/medallions if they are on offer.

omg the list you have written has really helped me thank you sooo much xx

Back