Lite or total? Newbie!

nzmegs

Silver Member
hello all. I am having a meeting with a LLC on Saturday and am wondering about whether to opt for LL lite or total. the reason is that at my weight I am sitting on the fence. My BMI is around 30.
I want to achieve my goal as quickly as possible, but I don't know if my doctor will agree that someone who is just "mildly" overweight (for me it feels like I am "very" overweight...) should be doing such a plan.
I might have trouble getting the forms signed or something.

perhaps I should just go for Lite and keep to low cals for the evening meal.I am just worried I will find it harder to stick to.
I know I will be able to discuss all of this with my LLC on the weekend, but right now I am concerned about what the best option will be for me.
To make matters worse (or better, really) I am doing a week of Extante while I wait to be able to start LL. So my BMI may drop even lower! Never thought i would want to be heavier than I am...
I am looking forward to starting on my journey though. Especially the counselling side. I feel like I have some pretty deep-seated issues which need exposing. having a break from real food should hopefully help me to focus on what the underlying issues are.
thanks in advance for all the wonderful advice I am sure is coming my way!

Apologies for formatting issues. Still getting used to site

Last edited:
Hi NZmegs!!

I Think its compleaty up to you! Obviously total your gonna loose the weight quicker and if you think u need the break from food i would go for it.
My doctor wouldnt sign the form at all and i had to go to superdrug and pay £40.
Good luck for ur inital meeting and im sure talking to ur llc will help make that decision!

Hi NZmegs, In regards to total or lite i would say go with the one that you feel you will be more comfortable with. Total you would lose weight quicker and lite would be slightly slower.
In regards to getting the form signed, i got mine signed at superdrugs,on advice from a kind lady here (as i was getting impatient about starting!)
But have since been told by my LLC i would still need my gp to sign it as i am on medication......so now i am having to wait on my gp to give me an appointment.

Good luck
x

thanks for the replies Ellio and Tia. yep, I think I am best just waiting until I discuss it with the LLC. I am also impatient to get going (hence the reason i have bought the Exante). I should receive that tomorrow. I had my final "meal" this evening which was boring soup and toast. You would think that I could come up with something a bit more interesting. But it was all I had left in the cupboard.

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping to start a diary tomorrow to help keep me motivated. Hopefully you will be able to visit me there!

Hi,
It's really only something you can decide. I'm on Total but I did 3 weeks of Lite when I was sick. Total is a complete break from food which I needed. When doing Lite you still have to be very diciplined for your one meal. You have to stick to the choices on the program and strictly watch your portions.
I'll be interested to hear what you think after speaking to your LLC.

hi you shouldnt have any problems in your doctor signing your form as LL is designed for those over the bmi of 25.

when i started my bmi was 33 and was told to do total. my bmi is on the fence now like yours at 30 and i am still continuing total until i reach my goal weight. if ur bmi is now 28 or something your councellor may instruct you 2 do lite, but if u want to do total 2 maximise your weight loss, you should request it confidently with a good plea. i wish u all the best for 2moro! x

Total it is. Just got back from superdrug with the signed form...Yippee ready to start tomorrow. Check out my diary for my progress.

Back