little advice?

pestikar

hi i thort id post this here because you are the people who have reached ur goal. i was thinking once at goal will i have excess skin im only 19 but iv been obese most of my life alot of people say that theres more stretch in the skin when you are young but im wondering if anyone around my age has had a problem at goal with this. Also what can be done to prevent it i dont go the gym im more of an outside exercise person.

I'm posting as I see you havent had an answer.

It also depends how overweight you are. Slower weight loss probably allows timne for your skin to shrink more.

Skin brushing and keeping well moisturised may help your skin's blood flow. I've also read that it takes a long time for skin to shrink. I'm doing endermologie as part of the Alizonne system - which is quite expensive.

Try posting the qusestion again on an active forum - as many dieters are very knowledgeable.

Good luck

Ali

It also depends how overweight you are. Slower weight loss probably allows timne for your skin to shrink more.

I'd agree with that, at one point I had a positive apron hanging down, but it has gone and I don't have any stretch marks now, having said that it's going on for ten years now since I lost the majority of weight.

I have been trying to lose weight slowly to help with skin. Lost 5 stone over one year and skin seems to be okay ish. Doing lots of exercise and not expecting my 20s and prebaby tum - but looks like it does slowly disappear. My DH also lost his weight faster (less) and initially had more skin and squidgy bits - they seem to have disappeared as he has been mainitaining low carb but not changing weight. Good luck:D

Thanks, Jim and Katie. My belly is deflating and a little soft now - so good to hear that time does help too.

Ali

Back