Little April Jones - Missing

So sad. I feel for the parents. It must be a dreadful, dreadfful time for them and their little baby girl must be so frightened .

Please God, they find her alive and well.

Shirleen said:
I know I've been praying for her since last night very sad :(

Yes noticed this going up on twitter last night before it hit the news. It's just heartbreaking that there are monsters in the world who do this kind of thing. So so sad. Desperately hope she is found safe and sound.

This has happened literally half an hour away from where my parents live and I was brought up, it's so shocking and sad and really not the sort of thing that happens in the area.

All of my friends from the area and where I currently live have been hitting FB and word has been spread by some of us on Twitter (in the UK, US and Australia that I have already seen) to get the news out there for people to keep an eye out. I have everything crossed that they will find her safe and well and she will be home soon but... something that was said in the BBC news coverage on tv earlier leaves me with a niggling feeling that may not be the case :(

My thoughts are with both April and her family, may the Gods be kind and bring her home safe. A candle is lit here for her and it will stay lit for as long as I can stay awake this evening, and will be re-lit as soon as I get home from work again tomorrow evening.

I sincerley hope they find her safe & well & I can't believe that somebody would take an innocent child away like that, goodness knows how her parents are coping with all this, I know I woudn't. But I do have to ask myself why was a 5 year old allowed to play out without adult supervision. It doesn't matter where you live, it's far too young for a child to be playing out without an adult present.

I've not caught up on the news yet, but lets hope its good news.

Happy Holidays said:
I sincerley hope they find her safe & well & I can't believe that somebody would take an innocent child away like that, goodness knows how her parents are coping with all this, I know I woudn't. But I do have to ask myself why was a 5 year old allowed to play out without adult supervision. It doesn't matter where you live, it's far too young for a child to be playing out without an adult present.

I've not caught up on the news yet, but lets hope its good news.

I said that earlier on twitter. Not really sure why a 5 yr old is out herself at 7.30! People need to be much more vigilant these days!!

Praying for her return though x

It was reported to police at 730 apparently she went missing around 7. I know round here there's lots of kids out at that time. People get probably complacent a bit when they live in a 'safe' area. And she was playing with a group of friends. Like kids up and down the country. I'm not sure how close it is to her house. I know my niece and her wee pals all play out after tea for a bit. They don't get supervised but have strict boundaries. We don't really know the circumstances but I'm sure her parents are going through 100 'if onlys' just now :(

I said that earlier on twitter. Not really sure why a 5 yr old is out herself at 7.30! People need to be much more vigilant these days!!

Praying for her return though x

Exactly, me too I'm praying for her safe return soon.

It was reported to police at 730 apparently she went missing around 7. I know round here there's lots of kids out at that time. People get probably complacent a bit when they live in a 'safe' area. And she was playing with a group of friends. Like kids up and down the country. I'm not sure how close it is to her house. I know my niece and her wee pals all play out after tea for a bit. They don't get supervised but have strict boundaries. We don't really know the circumstances but I'm sure her parents are going through 100 'if onlys' just now :(

I'm sure, they'll be going through 'if onlys', as they would be whatever the circumstances, lets just hope they get good news soon.

Can't help but find myself agreeing with the question, why was a 5 year old let out to play unsupervised at 7pm, when it is starting to get dark? However, her parents will be going through enough without us judging them - we need to focus on the monster that has taken her and hope that April returns safely very soon!! Poor little girl x

Apparently she got in willingly and could have know the person involved.

I thought from day one it would be someone she knew - kids are not daft and the majority are brought up on the "never talk to strangers", nevermind getting into a car with them.

I hope she is found safe, poor baby. And I hope the scum of the Earth that has taken her gets their just desserts.

Can't help but find myself agreeing with the question, why was a 5 year old let out to play unsupervised at 7pm, when it is starting to get dark? However, her parents will be going through enough without us judging them - we need to focus on the monster that has taken her and hope that April returns safely very soon!! Poor little girl x

This was my first thought and when I heard on the news that her parents were at a parents evening at the sons school I wondered who was in charge of the little mite. At 5 years old she shoud have been safe in doors at 7p.m.
We most definitley are not here to judge Aprils parents, as has already been said they will be beating themselves up enough without anyone sitting in judgement.

Please, please let her be found alive and unharmed............a very big ask I know but one that we must all be praying for.

This was my first thought and when I heard on the news that her parents were at a parents evening at the sons school I wondered who was in charge of the little mite. At 5 years old she shoud have been safe in doors at 7p.m.
We most definitley are not here to judge Aprils parents, as has already been said they will be beating themselves up enough without anyone sitting in judgement.

Please, please let her be found alive and unharmed............a very big ask I know but one that we must all be praying for.

Completely agree.

I can't stop thinking about it all, really hope she's found safe. I can't imagine what her parents are going through and I just hope she is alive and not scared or hurt :(

If they were at a parents night that sort of could explain why she was out. If they were expecting to be home shortly afterwards the chances are shes been looked after by a friends parents (ironically the suspect they have in custody is exactly that - a friends dad) It could be being allowed out to play an extra bit longer just til they came home, who knows. By all accounts they seem to be very caring loving involved parents, noone has a negative word to say about them. What ever the reason for her being out was theyre going to have to live with that forever. It really angers me seeing online/fb etc so many people focusing on that aspect of it. I defy anyone to say theyve never made a decision which could potentially have backfired on them

Its an absolutely horrific situation, sadly I cant see it having a happy conclusion :(

Back