little disappointed

abigail09

Gold Member
tonights weight loss was 1lb. have been an angel all week, counted all syns and feels so unfair!!

onwards and upwards though, hoping it will show on the scales next week!!

I know what it's like when you feel you have worked really hard and deserve a bigger loss. A pound doesn't seem gd enough. But it really is. It's equvalent to 2 packs of butter. Anyway, I'm sure like you said all your hard work will pay of next week with an even bigger loss.

Well done xx

hi abigail,i felt just like you last week ! the week before i lost 1.5lb and last week lost a 1lb,like you had been so good,even did my diary again we went out at weekend and while everyone had cakes and sausage rolls and crisps i asked for a plate of salad !!! so wanted sum cake,was dreading weigh in yest but lost 2lb so felt much better so keep going girl ! p.s earlier on the forum someones post had a pnd of fat on a plate,when i looked at that my thoughts about a 1lb changed and a pnds dam good !!!!! xx

I agree. You should be aiming to lose 1lb or 2lb a week, so you're right on track. I know that people are desperate to lose quickly but this is the recommended amount for long-term maintenance of your weight loss.

If you lose a pound every week, you'll be at goal at the end of the year! Now remember how quickly September to New Year disappears. A off pound is great, it is 6% of what you want to lose. Hmmm if I lost 6% of the amount I want to shed that would be almost an entire stone :eek:

It is easy to say "only a pound" but if you try and rework the numbers you'll see that that little pound is a huge achievement :) And remember it is always bigger when you think about putting it on.

Goodluck for the coming week
**hugs**
Cobweb x

the only reason im a bit disheartened is because my little sister and i went to leeds last week, she has lost all the weight she put on during the festival this week (3lb!!) and i have only lost 1lb of my 2.5 that i put on AND she had 3 nights where she went drinking. sometimes i think going with family/friends is great, other times its rubbish if you feel like you deserved a better loss and they hve got a loss when you know that they havent been as strict as you.

its behind me, im sitting with my fruit for breakfast and feeling good about TODAY

Try not to compare yourself to other people hun, it'll only bring you down, focus on you and your journey and think positive. Sounds like you've got a good attitude that will get you far.

Hugs,

Natt xxx

Huni...it will come off again so dont panic!
Congratulations on your loss this week. I gained 1lb..but I dont know why, Ive put mine down to going to the gym so often and I know that I am loosing inches so I can live with that!

Hmmm reminds me of an interesting study I read about this week **runs off to find info** Ah here it is, it was under the heading:

Choose Your Comparisons Wisely

A large group of students was given a word puzzle to solve. Researchers compared the satisfaction of students who finished the puzzle quickly or more slowly. Students who finished the puzzle quickly and compared themselves with the very fastest students came away feeling dissatisfied with themselves.
Students who finished the puzzle more slowly but compared themselves with the slowest students came away feeling quite satisfied with themselves and tended to ignore the presence of the quick-finishing students.

Lyubomirsky and Ross 1997

Unfortunately our bodies are individual and will behave how they want to **shakes fist**

Anyways pleased to see you feeling good about today, good luck.
Cobweb x

WELL DONE on your 1lb loss!!! That's fantastic and you will be at your goal in no time. Don't forget - you don't have far to reach your target so you may well 'only' lose 1lb a week but you will still get there in the end! Keep sight of the bigger picture and be happy for ALL of your losses, big or small! Celebrate and be proud! xx

I am a 1lb a week loser, and although it is sometimes frustrating I am just happy to be losing each week, and it's staying off too which is wonderful, and it's amazing how quickly my SW awards do start to mount up, so be proud of your 1lb loss and enjoy it - I do. X

I too never have what I consider to be good weight losses compared to others and I too was at target and am now on my way back there and this time I wont be putting the weight back on. I have tried to stop comparing myself to others as it does bring you down, I have the pic of a 1lb of fat in my signature to remind me of how much fat it actually is and how well I'm doing. At the end of the day 1lb off is a fantastic achievement and also means your 1lb closer to your target once again. Keep focused on your end goal and you will get back to your target with determination, following plan, this forum and all the wonderful advice that we all receive from everyone. xxx

thanks everyone, i know i shouldnt compare and to be honest this past week i have been focusing a lot on being 'healthy' not just about loosing weight. i know ill get there in the end

Back