Little Noo's Obligatory New Year's Diet

Little Noo

Well hello all!

Afraid to say this isn't my first attempt at trying to lose weight or being on Minimins, but actually feeling quite positive about this whole weight loss malarky this time!

Really just want a place where I can record the food I'm eating and look back over it when I'm stuck for ideas.

For the past 2 or 3 months I've done nothing but eat takeaways and junk food. Literally, I have not cooked a meal from scratch once. It's terrible. I feel like I've really neglected my body and now it's time to give it some love!

Only have a stone to lose, give or take a couple of pounds, but as I'm quite small anyway I find it sometimes quite difficult to lose weight.

My plan is to eat healthy as much as possible, cut way back on the junk food, drink more water and get some exercise in (hopefully 3 times a week but I work two jobs so quite short on time!) Special ocassions I will allow for, so in Jan I have a birthday meal and a night out - I'll have pretty much what I want on these nights but not go completely overboard.

So today's menu:

Breakfast: Porridge with semi skimmed milk 200
Lunch: Smoked mackerel with new potatoes and salad (very nice!!) 400
Dinner: Red pepper and three bean soup (I was going to cook a proper meal but I've been feeling ill today - surprisingly it's not hangover related!) 250
Snack: Activia yoghurt 125
Drinks: 2 cups of tea (milk, 2 sweeteners) 40; 1.5 litres of water

Total: 1015

Doesn't look that much but I'm not hungry... would normally aim to have 1200 cals but I'm counting them roughly anyway.

Well that's it for day 1, I've got lots of food in the fridge to make yummy meals out of this week, including stir frys, pasta dishes, eggs and fish.
Don't tend to snack too much anymore but have fruit, yoghurts and wholegrain rice cakes if I need to.

I'm off to see if I can get better before I'm back to work tomorrow!

Noo x

Still not feeling great today :( but keeping with the diet:

Breakfast: Porridge with semi skimmed milk and small handful of mixed seeds 280
Lunch: Chicken and veg fajita mix, wholegrain wrap, extra mushrooms and peppers, sprinkle of dried chillies 380
Dinner: Cod in sauce, new potatoes, mediterranean roasted veg 330
Snack: Activia yoghurt 125
Drink: Tea x 3 60, 1.5 litres water

Total: 1175

Hoping for a 2.5lb weight loss this week, weigh in on Monday...

Well looks like I've been awol recently but I've just been ridiculously busy!! So far have lost 2 lbs which I'm happy with as I've had a few blips along the way! My working hours change in a week so I'll have much more time to hit the gym and prepare healthy meals - yay!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Well done on the loss! Life can get a bit hectic sometimes so it's difficult to keep up to date on here!

Back