Little things you notice after little losses...

Miss Bean

Hi guys,

It's a depressing time of year at the moment and spirits are low. Thought I would ask you all what little things you have noticed after losing a few pounds or a stone or something just to keep us going and motivated.

For me I have noticed two things...

1. I can now fit better inside one of those ridiculous toilet cubicles that are made for super skinny people and I don't have to worry so much about how I'm going to get back out when I've shut myself in haha.

2. I can sit at my computer desk with the slide out drawer fully extended so I can use my keyboard properly, my belly no longer makes me have to sit far back from the desk haha.

What things have you all noticed?

:)

Good thread :)

I notice that I don't ache as much... I can walk around or stand around for longer without my knees and back aching :)

I also notice that I fit better in seats - cinema/airplane/rides etc.. it's a good feeling!

I have also discovered new 'bones'! The ones that stick out where your pelvis is when you have a flat tummy... albeit only when I am lying down... it's nice to lie on my side and feel the dips :) I only discovered them when I got to about 12st 12lbs... when I was a size 24 I had no 'bones' that I knew of - just padding!! Hehe.

Spots xx

Ok this is gonna sound silly, but when i am out and about i notice my shadow is much smaller these days...lol and i am always catching a climps of myself when pasing shop windows and loving how my size 14(was a size 20) clothes look fab. It always makes me smile :)

I noticed I was getting that sort of hump of fat at the bottom of my neck at the back that I notice on other overweight gals. I'm happy to say that is receding fast!

I know exactly what you mean girls, there was nothing I liked more when I was thinner than poking my bones or straining my neck to see my bones pop out haha...sick I know :)

I am in love with the dip in my collar bone ...I am always feeling and stroking it !!!!!
I love being able to cross my legs properly ( although I dont think I will ever be able to tuck my foot round my leg like some people can ..)
I love being able to sit with my feet up to my bum and hug my knees

Miss Bean said:
I know exactly what you mean girls, there was nothing I liked more when I was thinner than poking my bones or straining my neck to see my bones pop out haha...sick I know :)

Me too! :D At 150 (my lowest ever) I just couldn't resist. :D

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

My fave is that I can see my ankle bones instead of a roll of fat covering it LOL!
I could tighten the plane seatbelt when I went on hols, instead of having to slacken it...

I can also now feel bones I haven't felt for years..

I could tighten the plane seatbelt when I went on hols, instead of having to slacken it...

Oh god I am looking forward to this! My parents retired to Spain and we went to stay for Xmas. I literally had the seatbelt extended to the maximum. I was worried it wouldn't fasten at all. Then went we had drinks, I had to put mine on my husbands tray as mine wouldn't fold down properly. So embrarassing.

I'm taking my husband to Germany for the weekend on 30th March so am really hoping the tray comes all the way down by then!

I only started on Sunday but already my jeans are feeling more loose. Plus I am less groggy in the mornings. I have been getting up earlier too, so less rushing before work!

Congrats guys :)

Just thought this would make us all feel a bit better.

Catscratch I would love to have your losses in that many months, it gives me hope as our starting weight was nearly the same, you are only 12lbs of my ideal weight, the joy in my heart when I saw it lol x

One thing I love is that even after being 20lb down from my highest weight, my collar bones are just starting to be visible, if they are as visible now at 243lb then I wonder how they are going to look when I eventually get to 143lb! Also, back dimples! I love my back dimples and they are looking a little more pronounced! Woohoo!
FF :eek:

Back