Total Solution Littlered's road to littledom

Littlered81

Well I started on the 3rd, and have behaved 100% so far. I had been dodging the scales for some time, but when I finally plucked up the courage to get on them I was 13st 1, which considering a year ago I was 10st 7, I was clearly upset.

I have been a bit naughty in hopping on the scales this morning - should wait at least a week I know! But they did say I was 12st 12, which spurred me on to be good!

Possible problems I can see coming up are my mother's birthday (I don't live near her, so am staying with my parents for the weekend. Fine in itself, but will probably want to go out for a birthday dinner), and a relative's wedding at the end of the month. Think I am more worried about the wedding. Mum has struggled with her weight her whole life, and she was supportive before when I did Cambridge, but the wedding is a bit different. It's my partner's family, most of whom I haven't met before, so will feel very awkward just sitting there!

I also have my partner's dad's birthday in a couple of weeks and am debating what to do about it. You can always go low carb remember and therefore stay in ketosis (if you can keep away from the alcohol!!).

I too spent months once deluding myself I was 10 and a half stone and when I finally plucked up the courage, discovered I was a long way off that!! It's depressing isn't it? However, you have now done it, you know how much you need to lose, you've done it before - YOU'LL BE FINE!!! xx

Well I have managed 3 days of 100%, yay! Feeling pretty good, although woke up hungry this morning. Am being good, sitting in bed with the laptop and a big glass of water!
It was my partner's mum's birthday at the weekend, and we had bought her tickets to a comedy gig, so we went yesterday. I was really pleased with how good I was. I actually felt really in control yesterday, rather than pining for food. We went to the bar when we got there, I just had a diet coke, didn't have anything during the interval, and on the way back my partner & his mum were hungry, so they stopped at Burger King, where I again I didn't have anything. I've never actually been a fan of fast food, but have been known to eat it just because we're in there.
So I'm really pleased with how good I've been, just hope it shows up on the scales on Tuesday. Tuesday also seems ages away for some reason!

You are doing great. I too started on the 3rd. But I not going to weigh in for a month, as I judge myself to much by those numbers.

Have you any more thoughts on the wedding?

Hi Jerseygirl,

Really don't know what to do! Might see if my partner's mum can find out about the food situation, as she's friends with the bride's mother. She's also making the wedding cake, so have to hope she won't be offended that I don't eat any of it!
I think ultimately, I probably just need to take a bar with me and stick with the water. It's not like it's a wedding of a close friend, I haven't actually met the bride or groom, I'm sort of there by default because of my OH.

Bars seem a very good portable food. If it comes to it stick to meat and veg, like on the WS.

If your partners mum seems offended, take a piece home and bin it or let someone else have it. ;)

I am sure your have a great time.

Day 6 today, and have had 5 100% days so far. But not in a good place this morning. Mum rang late last night to say my grandma had just passed away. Don't know what to do with myself at all. Really want to be with my family, who are 200 miles away since I moved 2 months ago.
On the plus side I don't feel like eating, just feeling pretty numb and pretty blue. Not sure what will happen diet wise, as I do need to go home, and have the funeral, etc with my family.
Don't even know why I'm posting - just nobody to talk to here.

Well despite having a rubbish week emotionally, I'm very pleased that I managed to stick with it 100% all week.
So my first weigh in this morning, and I have lost 6lb! Have gone from 13st 1 to 12st 9. 1 more pound and it's half a stone shifted. Which also means my BMI has dropped from 33.5 to 32.4, which means I'm exactly one stone away from coming out of the "obese range".
Am going to try very hard this week so stick at it 100%, although I am a bit concerned with my grandma's funeral coming up. I always turn to food when I'm upset, and it's a habit I desperately want to break.

Back