Liver problems

sam_tia

Hi
So I told a friend today I was on diet and she had a friend on Cambridge and ended up in hospital with liver problems!!!! Anyone heard of this?!
Now I'm worried!
I'm only on day 3 and never heard of this before!

It is one of the very rare potential side effects. It's in those who have pre existing conditions and who don't do the water. If you have no underlying conditions then you should be totally fine!

Don't panic - just keep going. Its amazing how many people know people who know people who have had "problems" on Cambridge… I'm not saying no one has any side effects but it does seem to be one of those diets that everyone loves to knock.

Yeh and it's always those thin pretty friends that say things to you lol! I learnt loosing weight before I think some people just feel threatened!
I have googled about liver problems and it can be an issue but I think being morbidly obese is prob an even bigger risk than the risk it could have on my liver! So I'm saying **** you to the haters today! Sorry for the rank!!!!
I'm on day 4 and feeling good!!!

Good for you- soon be the end of week 1. When is your weigh in?

Well weigh in is Tuesday night! But lady is on holiday!!!! So got to wait two weeks which I'm slightly gutted about, as I think the first weigh in must motivate you for week 2! but I had a sneaky weigh on my scales so I no I'm going down! but think I'll prob have to get hubby to hide them as they getting addictive Everytime I go for a wee lol!

Losing weight fast can cause fatty liver but after the diet and you learn to eat healthily the liver will mend itself. Gallstones are a big side affect of a vlcd. Your gallbladder needs to empty regularly so the bile doesn't sit around forming stones or sludge. The gallbladder only expels the bile when fat is consumed. On a vlcd our gallbladders have no need to expel much bile therefore gallstones form. I take one tbsp of olive oil or flax oil daily to keep my gallbladder healthy. It does not affect my weightloss. Vlcd are great but we do need good fats. I know many may not agree with this but after talking to a sergeon about vlcd and gallstones and the liver it all makes sense. Xx

Back