Living off ww ready made meals?

Rosebud

Hi all

Im finding it so difficult sticking to my points, I just wanted to know is anyone living off ww ready meals and is this helping in their weight loss? I don't really know what else to do.

Rosebud said:
Hi all

Im finding it so difficult sticking to my points, I just wanted to know is anyone living off ww ready meals and is this helping in their weight loss? I don't really know what else to do.

Sorry to hear ur having a bad time of it.
How come ur struggling? Are you measuring foods? And do u have access to meetings or the books or online?

Rosebud said:
Hi all

I've eaten quite a few ready meals as they are handy and good value points wise but there are various things you can you try yourself that don't have to be high in points. Something simple like ham egg chips and beans for 10pp I batch cooked a spag Bol sauce that worked out at 7pp a portion or a cottage pie with swede and carrot mash for 11PP have a look around some people's diaries for inspiration I found that's what really helped me. Jacket potatoes are always good I get the frozen ones and have with beans and salad or ham and salad. Don't give up you can do this just take some time to scout around some diaries for information jot down a few meal ideas and you will have your own menu sorted xxx

I do use the ready meals once in a while. I used them more when I first started WW but found they weren't really big enough to satisfy me. There's plenty of things you can cook yourself that's just as good. What is it you have difficulty with? Is it working out the PP in things you cook yourself?
I cook meals like noodles, pasta dishes, bolognaise, shepherds pie, green thai curry etc. I find frozen fish very handy too cuz you can just bang it in the oven! I make my own wedges from potatoes, a lil drizzle of oil and spicy seasoning. I say look at other peoples diaries or look in the recipes section and try to get some ideas. Good luck :) x

I did live by them at one point only for handiness but i did get fed up with them. I always had veg with them to bulk it up. I do now try and make a lot of stuff for the whole family and there are some lovely meals out there. The chicken curry one in the ww book is really nice!! Why don't u try and introduce one or two new things each week.

good luck,

L X

It's never a good idea to solely eat ready meals as they do contain a fair amount of salt, however they are good to have if you're short of time. I'm busy most days and for days where I return home too late to cook I have a WW ready meal, but for the most part these days I cook my own stuff and freeze it so it's just a matter of taking it out of the freezer in the morning so I can heat it up when I get home. Much healthier and cheaper!

try bulking them up with veg or buy a calculator to work out pro points of other foods. x x x ww ready meals become boring. but they work. xx

Back