Living with hungry hippos!!

jaspersmum

Sorry for calling them the above name but thats wat they are!! I live with my hubby and son who eat constantly especially at night its bloody awful!!! Both do a lot of exercise and eat very healthy food but they seem to eat every 2 HOURS!!!! Its particularly bad in the evening had my last shake and thats me till morning then munch ,bloody munch the hungry hippos start some nights I just go to bed to get away from them!!! Anyone else have the same problem????

Yep my hubby is exactly the same, and very fit and gym all the time but he has 6 weetabix, toast , cereal or protein bars, tea etc all after i have my last shake! lol I try to have my last 1 arnd 8pm. My daughter is off school so snakes etc between meals and my 10month old boy needs me to feed him so very hard but itl b worth it x

Right now we have 6 kids in our household mine and my husbands and my step children who are all constantly eating my husband seems to have a bottomless pit and eats all manners of food not really healthy stuff he has a certain panache for sweet stuff cakes chocolates especially in actual fact I think he is probably worse than the kids :) I think I am so used to him eating all the time he is home I have almost blanked it now.:-D

My wife is very thin and healthy doing aerobics, cycling or squash most days of the week. She cooks her own food now to be fair to her (but only because my cooking went down the pan once I wasn't allowed to taste the food) but she is partial to desserts and cakes inbetween meals.

She did used to eat them in another room so as not to tempt me but as the diet as gone on I've told her she should just eat them as normal. I've taken the view that it's not her fault that I put on weight and if I want the right to scoff junk whenever I want then it's up to me to earn it. She balances her exercise/weight/food and I don't feel that should change because of me. I'll get there myself one day too.

I also try to delay having my last shake/soup until she has had her food or at least is not likely to have it too much after me.

I know it's not nice jaspersmum but you just need to find your own way around the problem. Mybe as your diet goes on you will care less and it will become less of an issue. Good luck with it.

She did used to eat them in another room so as not to tempt me but as the diet as gone on I've told her she should just eat them as normal
--------
This I find very important advice. If you can't watch people eat treats when doing the plan you have little chance of staying away from temptation once you have lost the weight and come off plan.

This is why the kids still get their treats and I still cook for them.

Back