Lizzie's Diary

Keen75

Right well day 1 !! Weighed in at 12stone 13lb...yuk...had a strawberry shake and a black tea. Tried to keep myself really busy as when im not i turn to binge eating !! Been running up snd down to the loo all day !! Which is great and im managing to drink loads of water! Tomato and Basil soup for lunch.hmmmmmmm....not the nicest thing ive tasted...so probably wont order that again !! Right off to take kids out whilst sun is shining...catch up later :)xx

Well struggled a bit this afternoon but kept myself really busy !! Had my choc orange bar ...loved it and found it really filling!! Just been to the gym and for a swim...absolutely knackered now but feel really pleased with myself that day 1 is almost over !! Could eat now...but thinking its probably habit as im not starving ...just poured myself a sparkly water in a wine glass...yum !! :)

well done so far :D every day that you manage makes you that little bit stronger , and before you know it you will be at target :) give the soups and shakes time ... after eating normal foods the packs do taste weird to start with , but your taste buds will change and I love all the products now ...good luck tomorrow

Day 2 and i had the best sleep !! Feel suprisingly good this morning...thought id wake up starving! Im sure that may change through the day ! Just had a toffee and raisen bar and really enjoyed..now on my 3rd cup of black tea! Hope all good with everyone else !!:)xx

Day 3 !! Im now in ketosis...!!! Yay..again..struggled a little yesterday afternoon...but woken up a very happy girl...just really hoping im not going to do anything stupid this weekend as weekends are normally my downfall !!! Going to keep looking on here and reading posts to keep me motivated !! Hope everything good for everyone else !!:) xx

Hi Lizzie! I started only on Wednesday and it's my first time doing Exante. I'm well jel that you're in ketosis already! Got myself some strips yesterday and as expected I've not even got a trace of ketones in my wee :-D did however have a cheeky weigh in this morning and was quite chuffed...
Don't forget you can have bouillon, it has been my saviour when I'm hungry between lunch and dinner.
I have found the first few days not too bad, although I have been tired. As a food-aholic though, I can defo say it's nice not having to think about food.
Good luck, stick with it, you're doing really well!

Morning :)

Just keeping my mind off food by browsing the diaries and noticed you're a new starter too! Well done on getting into ketosis... I'm definitely not there yet but maybe tomorrow? Will pop by later to see how you're doing... good luck.

Thanks Saddlebag....you will be in ketosis in no time....i was amazed that i was already...normally takes 4 or 5 days !! Good luck on ur weightloss so far...im trying not to stand on the scales til thursday....im hoping for a big surprise !!! Fingers crossed ! Enjoy ur wk/end !!x

Hi Namaste ... This site is great isnt it to take ur mind off cravings !! hope the rest of the day goes well....catch up soon !! x

Just checking in....been to the gym and for a swim..then had my veg soup....which, i think, is the best so far.....actually really enjoyed it !!! Now have a lovely cuppa as im freezing cold !!! Dreading this eve as im going to a birthday bash....i have decided to drive so im not tempted to drink alcohol !! hmmmm ....what am i going to wear...??? So need to get this weight off....then i could wear anything and feel good !! :-\

Day 4 !!! Not such a happy person today...very annoyed with myself !! Was going out last night and couldnt find an outfit that fitted so was instantly pee'd off...then when i was finally ready got in the car with my husband and felt so upset .... I really didnt want to go out...felt sick and panicky..got to venue and through a childs strop as i didnt want to go in...my poor husband !!! Then went in and had a glass of wine to try and chill....good news it worked ...bad news i then went on to another and then ate very bad food !!! Aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh!!! Was doing so well and was really feeling happy and now feel like im back to square 1 !! Humf :-( So...starting again today...want to feel like i did yesterday...but feel so dissapointed with my self :'(

Lizzie don't worry about your blip. If you think about how the diet works, it's basically a calculation of using more calories than you consume. So even though you might have had more than you used yesterday, you still have three more days where, if you keep to the diet, you will keep losing. Onwards and downwards!!
I know the feeling about having nothing to wear. Looking in the mirror and thinking I look awful in everything, no matter what. For work I feel so frumpy in my baggy clothes when slimmer girls have lovely figures and look nice. I've sat in tears at home before nights out, not turned up to parties and dreaded going to places where people haven't seen me since I've put so much weight on. I always think they'll be whispering to each other, "ooh hasn't she got fat?"
The other side of this is, nobody really notices. Nobody really cares. Your friends and family and OH love you just the way you are, which emphasises what I'm trying to say- you're doing this for you, and nobody else. I don't really like the diet, because I adore food. But I love the feeling of being slim more! I can't wait to look in the mirror and smile, and to go out feeling confident and happy.
Whatever your motivation, remember that you're doing it for you.

Thank u so much for your post saddlebag...!! Why do we do this to our selves ?!! You are right...the feeling of being slim is so much better than the feeling of eating tons of crap food !! I have struggled today but thanks to my husband stopping me raiding the fridge and reading posts on here...i have managed a 100% day !! I am so hungry though...decided to go and buy some coke zero and it is helping ! just want today to be over as hoping i will wake up tomorrow not feeling so hungry !

Well done you for being good. The feeling of satisfaction is so rewarding isn't it?! It really spurs me on. It's great that you have a supportive hubby. Each time you want to pick on something, think about your goal and challenge yourself. I usually feel hungry by dinner time, and put some cucumber chunks in my soups. Not terribly exciting but I like having something to chew on at dinner! You could also add some chicken if you're really hungry. Don't torture yourself. I know that if I'm totally famished I'm more likely to raid the biscuit tin, so perhaps do a tactical meal if it's really bad. Chicken or prawn salad maybe?
Also, try one of those lolly makers from Lakeland or somewhere. Put some coke zero in and hey presto! Coke lolly! My saving grace is the bouillon- it tides me over between meals.

Ooh like the sound of the coke lolly !! Gonna do that now !! I am really pleased i didnt cheat yesterday !! Just had my bar a cuppa....need to stay strong today !! :-|

Good morning and good luck on your Exante journey Keen :hug99: xx

Back