Lizzy's Diary - I WILL Get To Goal!

Lizzylocket

Winning a losing battle!
I'm so determined to get to goal that it's time to start a diary to help me to get this done once and for all!

I've always had weight issues that got worse when my mum died almost 17 years ago, I was left to pick up the pieces and food was my comfort.

My weight peaked at 18 and a half stone and in 2007, I discovered the Cambridge diet.

Managed to lose 5 stone on that before our wedding in September 2007 and felt great. Married life and redundancy, followed by a miserable job lead to comfort eating again and I gained 4 of the 5 stone I'd lost.

Went back to CD in 2010 and lost 6 stone this time, managed to keep most of it off until the middle of 2011, since then, I've piled on almost 4 stone, taking me back to 16.9.

I realised I need to get my head around why I do this and spent a few months having therapy to help me to come to terms with everything I've been through and try to let go of food as an emotional support.

I 'think' my head is in a better place so decided to get the weight off once and for all using S&S.

I ordered some sample packs and have been 100% since Monday and feeling really positive!

The meal packs make a huge difference and I'm hoping the veg allowance will help prevent the 'going' issues I had with CD!

So, I'm now on day 4, 3 packs, 2litres down and looking forward to WI on Monday!

We've booked an amazing holiday to Mexico in October and I am determined to be as close to goal as possible and not scared to be in the photos again!

Feel free to join me on my journey!

Onwards and downwards Lizzy !! I'm sure you're going to do amazing, you've done so well in the past but you're in a better frame of mind now and it'll all fit into place. Today's my first day on s&s and I struggled until I had me tea, but they say each day gets easier so hopefully slimness will come to those of us who wait.......and work at it !!! x

Thank you and well done for making it through day 1! I have found it easier today so hang on in there, the hunger will pass!

I ordered more packs today, the others are just the samples but I realised that if I was going to stick to it, I'd need more, so got two weeks supply coming tomorrow...........lol so I've got to stick to it !!

Chelle x

I did the same, my months worth arrived today, no choice but to stick to it now! We can do this!!

LOL please remind me of that on a regular basis !!!
I'm hoping like mad that I'm coping with it well come Monday cos I'm back to work then. Have you looked at the thread re meal packs and what others have done with them ?..........I think those ideas are also going to help me keep it up cos usually I eat a very varied diet and don't want to get bored. And certainly dont want to waste my money !!

I will don't worry!

You should be in ketosis by Monday so hopefully work wont be too bad for you.

Yes, I've seen the meal pack ideas, it's great to have other options as I know I'll get bored, when I did CD I eventually ended up having just one flavour shake - not good!

My friend is into her fourth week of LL and at last weigh in she'd lost 16lbs, but she doesn't have any real food at all which I couldn't stand, but she's doing really well, said it was extremely hard the first few days but that it's not bad at all now.
My other friend did SW for 2 weeks at the beginning of the year, then 3 weeks on CD 100%, but since then, she's been doing shakes and bars through the day and eating and drinking what she wants on an evening and weekend. To date she's lost 3 stone, its come off slowly, but she's not really feeling deprived.
I'm hoping to try and lose a big chunk and then maybe do something similar, but that's in the future.

I did just the shakes when I did Cambridge and it is so hard, that's why I like s&s so much, I think it helps mentally too!

Once I'm finished I think I'm going to do low carb and no alcohol during the week and be a bit more lenient at weekends, I know I need to keep low carb as they make me gain so quickly!

So, it's the start of day 5 and feeling good!

Can't believe I've managed with no picking so far, long may it continue!

So glad it's Friday, busy day out on the road today so must keep up with my water, have allowed some extra time on my journey for toilet breaks!

Well done that's great, I am day 5 too, feeling a bit it's the weekend wobbly though, trying to think of things to keep busy, have a good day

Hi Lizzy x
Found your diary :) hope you have. Gd Friday .
Are you on the road alot ? I think the s and s is very gd as it does have alot of variety :)
I do find the weekends the hardest but we can do this :)

Only my second day, and it's not over yet.......very hungry............gallons of water...........but stuck to it 100%............chilli for luch was lovely, much nicer than the spag bol......need to find a way of making that one taste better !!
Really ready for my tea now, but going to wait as long as I can otherwise I'll be having to go to bed at 8pm lol !!

x

Katierose said:
Hi Lizzy x
Found your diary :) hope you have. Gd Friday .
Are you on the road alot ? I think the s and s is very gd as it does have alot of variety :)
I do find the weekends the hardest but we can do this :)

Thank you and thanks for looking in on me!

Yes, I'm basically a sales rep so I'm on the road most days. I cover the whole country too!

Feel like I'm in ketosis - yay! Just need to get through the weekend then it's WI on Monday!

How's your day been?

honeysweet said:
Well done that's great, I am day 5 too, feeling a bit it's the weekend wobbly though, trying to think of things to keep busy, have a good day

Thanks!

I'm a bit nervous about the weekend so think I'll be spending a lot of time on here!

Hope you've had a good day!

Bubblycutekitty said:
Only my second day, and it's not over yet.......very hungry............gallons of water...........but stuck to it 100%............chilli for luch was lovely, much nicer than the spag bol......need to find a way of making that one taste better !!
Really ready for my tea now, but going to wait as long as I can otherwise I'll be having to go to bed at 8pm lol !!

x

Hope you're doing ok! I add herbs to the meals to give some more flavour, the threads in the stickies section have some good ideas to add some flavour.

So, day 5 nearly in the bag, so happy that I'm coping this time!

The last time I tried Cambridge, I was miserable and snappy and generally felt rubbish, that led to me picking so I didn't get the best results. No picking this time round, I am having the veg allowance with my evening pack and I think sitting down to eat a 'proper' meal is why it's working for me so far.

I'm a bit anxious about the weekend but as the weather's expected to be rubbish I won't be going out so no temptation!

My clothes felt more comfortable this morning so hoping for a good loss at WI on Monday! The most I've ever lost in week 1 is 7lbs so I'll be happy if I'm close to that.

Thought I'd miss my Friday night glass (or 3!) of wine but I've had a coke zero instead so feel like it's a bit of a treat!

Hi Lizzie, yeah i've had a good day thanks. The hunger pangs were very frequent but I've not given in, enjoyed lunch and tea. I too am going to miss my wine, but needs must and if it helps me to lose weight then its a worth while sacrifice ! Pleased you enjoyed your coke :)

Hi lizzie x
Well it must be a coke zero party I do miss my wine but that is mainly what got me into this mess in the first place :-( I do sales too but I'm based mainly in the office . Weekends are hard but I always feel gd when I ve got thro them by being 100% So here s to us being 100% :)

Same here! I usually have a couple of bottles at least over a weekend which then leads to eating so need to make sure I don't go back to that when I'm done!

Just having a cup of tea with a dark choc truffa bar, OMG it's lush! Only ordered 4 though so have to last me a month!

Determined to have a 100% weekend so I'll be seeing you on here to get each other through!

Back