LL still surprises me everyday

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 16 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I love LL.
    Every week my wardrobe grows as I fit into more and more of my smaller clothes. And soon I'll need to go shopping for even smaller ones.
    I can't believe how quickly my body loses inches. The end of last week I tried on a top that I could fit last summer. It was too tight across the shoulders still and I thought to myself, give it a couple of weeks, and I'll fit it. Well today I've tried it on again and it fits.
    And everyday I pull on a pair of trousers and I still have my old head on and hope to myself "hope they haven't got any tighter as I couldn't wear them then" and then I remind myself that I'm losing weight and inches EVERY DAY ... and the trousers fit even better than the day before.
    I LOVE LL. So wish I'd heard of it before when I was young enough for it to have an even bigger impact on my life (I'm 41 this month and think the time to have children - naturally - has passed .... just as I'm getting ready to enter the relationship world again). Ah well, I can achieve many more things that I wouldn't have done if i'd stayed fat and unhappy.
    Just Do It and Mini like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Monring Dancing,

It is lovely to see you on this sunny morning here on such a high!!!

It is amazing how the weight comes off and that clothes that were too tight just a week ago are now fitting and I am going through this same experience once again.

We can all beat ourselves up with regret over our weight, it is so difficult not too at times but really it is best not to go there as it can drag you down.

41 years is not old nowadays it is the new 31. You are a very young woman and don't let a number in your head rule your life.

The body is very forgiving and with weight off, exercise, good diet and taking good care of yourself who's to say what the future will hold for you.

Never say never...

Love Mini xxx
    Dancing likes this.
  4. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    Hi Dancing,
    Congratulations on feeling so fab. 41 is young, ready to do anything you want (you had better agree, as its the same age as me!) I feel like I'm just starting my life, I feel like I need new challenges.

I agree totally, LL is fantastic. I'm thinner than I have ever been in my entire life! I might even wear shorts next summer - I can NOT believe that I am saying that, I never thought I would have anything remotely like leg shaped legs!

Keep going Dancing, believe it or not it just gets better and better!!!

Best wishes
    Mini likes this.
  5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks guys,

I know 41 is young (I so don't believe I am that age when I have to say it.... just doesn't compute in my head) .... however, I know that the head doesn't necessarily equal the physical body. But, I still live in hope that I'll be one of the lucky ones. And why not.

And Mini - where are you? Definitely no sun where I am, you lucky thing.
    Mini likes this.
  6. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    Whe I lost my weight last year I popped my wardrobe into size order and kept trying on the next size down.

I had to because at first I didn't believe I would fir and then by the time I got the courage to the next size was too small too. I was losing at least 1 size a month :D
  7. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Go you, Dancing! Glad your wardrobe is getting bigger because mine's getting smaller and smaller. I keep throwing things out when they're too big (psychologically encouraging, they say), but I'm too mean to buy new ones until I've lost more weight. Anytime now I'll be going to work in my pyjamas. Absolutely agree about our changing shapes though - isn't it amazing! I also wish LL had been around when I was a Young Thing (I'm 50) but don't write yourself off at 41 - I had my third child 3 months before my 41st birthday and lots of people carry on later than that (sorry to mention Cherie Blair - 46!) So don't worry about the age thing; just get out there and enjoy being your new self!
  8. Daisydee

Well done Dancin for this bit of inspiration from you! Through my work I know of women considerably older than you who have healthily had children - who cares if it is IVF??

Good luck

Daisydee x
  9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

chicken on a mission,

it is ridiculous ... I can't believe that I get to wear a pair of trousers for about two weeks and then they get too baggy and I have to go hunt out another pair. It is just crazy!

What will I do when I get down to a size that I have no clothes in (all in another country those ones) .... I really don't want to be spending money on clothes I can only wear for a couple of weeks or so. But, I guess by then I will comfortably fit into various primark clothes - cheaps as chips (and more satisfying)
  10. chicken on a mission

LighterLife then CD
    It's mad isn't it :D

As for the clothes thing, you can really think ahead regarding that one.

I was lucky and had friends that leant me a few things although this can get you into some hot water. Just think how your mates feel when you have slimmed out of them. You need to be mindful of their feeling then because by carrying on slimming some of my friends got a bit shirty because by slimming further I was rejecting their size as not good enough for me. We need to tread carefully at that point. ;)

I also bought a few carefully chosen items. A slightly snug size with an elasticated waist (which I swore I would never do because it allowed me to get fat without noticing) will get you through a few sizes. Also think about styles you can buy that are meant to be more loose but you buy to be more fitted and then slim into the looser way they were intended.

I don't know if the programme has changed since I finished it but we got to watch some hilarious DVD's which had tips on this.

I thought the clothes they wore were foul but the principals of the styles they were looking at was spot on :D

Keep on going. You are doing brilliantly ;)
  11. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Lighter Life
    They still have the DVD's our lot thought they were hilarious, not sure how much of them you will remember, but the episode with the scarves was mentioned everytime she went to put in one of those DVD's. What you miss on development?!
  12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

brilliant suggestions chicken on a mission, I wouldn't have thought of borrowing off friends. I really do like the sound of that (particularly the getting smaller than them bit) .... but I couldn't do that to them. How dreadful would they feel when I wave bye bye to their weight and continue to lose more. (I love the thought of it though).

Good suggestions though. Thanks
  13. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Just done much the same thing with my sis-in-law. She gave me a pair of designer jeans from the US (she is Californian, married to OH brother....doh!!) They were too tight for her, so I happily took them on. However, they fit ok on my waist, but were way too big everywhere else; looked dreadful. I hummed and haa'd over whether to return them, and finally decided it wasnt my right to "charity shop" them, so I did give them back!

I felt a bit guilty (why?) but told her the truth, they were too big! She was ok with that, but since there has been the odd throw away comment about me being smaller than her soon (??), and comments that bro-in-law will pass comment if that happens!! (He is a cruise officer and away months on end, not seem him for at least 3 months.)

I actually think I am now slightly smaller than her, but she wont admit it, and I, as said before, still feel guilty about it!!

Oh the weird ways our minds work!!
  14. chicken on a mission

LighterLife then CD

Trouble is that you can't really avoid it.

When you first start borrowing clothes you do so from your largest nearest and dearest who probably are overweight too.

Whether you borrow their clothes or not you will still have to deal with the feeling of others when you continue to diet smaller than they are. It's a tough thing to do because our emotions are all over the place at time and then you are dealing with someone elses too.

When I went through LL I leant heavilly on the support of familly and friends and fealt I deserved to make the most of the chance I had been given. It was this attitude that I deserved it that made for my success but it also made me insensitive at times :(
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.