Lola's journey to a size 12!

lola80

Hey all :)

Joining here as I've heard great things about this site. Joined SW 2 weeks and weighed in at 14 stone 9 lbs which is way too much for my 5 foot 6" body!

Had my first WI last week and I lost 5 lbs! Was thrilled. Second WI is tomorrow and I'm hoping for another loss, fingers crossed! :)

I am hoping to get down to a size 12 but my real aim is to be able to go into a shop and not have to buy something just because it fits me, but because I really like it and want to wear it! At the moment, with the shape I am, carrying a lot of weight on my tummy I'm a size 18/20 in trousers! Need to change this and that's why I'm here.

I'm a single mum to 2 little ones and although I'm happy with my life I'm not happy with my weight so that's what I'm gonna improve!

Have read a lot of threads and will be subscribing to these. I also hope to get some subscribers, I definitely manage diets better with support so that's why I came on here :)

Looking forward to making new "cyber friends"! :D

WI today and I'm a bit nervous. I have been pretty good all week but I wish it was over me now ha :)... really hoping for a loss to keep my motivation going.

Had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with a sl toast (HEB) and a cup of tea. I'm hoping that will keep me going til lunchtime. Then a light lunch and water for the afternoona nd then off to get wieghed at 6pm before I head to my Zumba class. Only joined this last week and I really love it so hoping I can stick to it too :)

Thanks Tigger :).... unfortunately I stayed the same :( .... I know I should be happy that it's not a gain but I was expecting a loss which was my error I think. I am disappointed but I have decided that I am going to start fresh this morning and forget about last nights WI. It is my star week too so that may have something to do with it.

I'm not very good at writing down what I eat and kinda keep track of my syns in my head so this week I'm going to TRY and improve that. Gonna keep a small notebook in my handbag and write down everything that corsses my lips and hopefully that will help me to see what im spending my syns on etc.

Food for today.
Breakfast - Kellogs Chewy Delight (HEB), cup of water
Snack - New Hi Fi Bar (3syns) and a banana, cup of tea
Lunch - 2 sl ham, chicken breast and tomato and glass of diet coke
Snack - Apple
Dinner - Chicken Rice (1 syn)
Treat - Snack pack size tayto (6 syns) and glass diet coke

Water - 2 litres
Total syns for the day - 10 syns
Weekly syns - 10/105

I really need to try and gather a few more brekkie ideas. I'm not really a cereal person and I'm always rushing a breakfast tme tryin to get my 2 little ones out to Montessori and School before I head to work so need something quivk. I ususally just end up having a cereal bar and a coffee when I hit work. Doesn't fill me and I'm hungry again by 10am.
I'm not really into fruit and have to literally force myself to eat a banana even though I do eat them when my motivation is in tip top shape!
So I'm at a loss as to what I could have for brekkie. Need to do a bit of research I think :)

Boiled eggs? Could make them the night before and pop them in the fridge.... i love my porridge in the morning, especially now the weather is getting a little colder, warms me up hehe :) theres a thread somewhere that says whats for breakfast...might be able to pick up a few ideas from there?

Staying the same is good but i know what you mean you wanna see a loss....keeping a diary is a good idea!

My star week here too on my first proper week back on SW too so im really hoping I do see a loss as i think its important to keep you going seeing the lbs coming off!

Hey Tigger, sorry for the late reply - completely forgot to keep this updated lol....
Well I think I have managed to stay some way on track and I'm hoping for a loss tonight! Was off work for the last 5 days and have noticed that my appetite has reduced a lot which is a good thing.
Went out Saturday night and drank some vodka with soda water and lime instead of my ususal bottles of beer so I'm, hoping this made a difference.
Really hopiNg for a Loss tonight, DEF NEED ONE FOR MY MOTIVATION! :)

Thanks Tigger :)

Down 2lbs tonight :)... happy with that considering I was out on Saturday night. Hvae to admit I did treat myself to chicken and chips after WI but was suprised at how little of them I actually ate. It seems that I really am filling up a lot quicker than I used to be! Good news :)

So today unfortunately has not started great for me, I was rushing this morning and didn't grab anything for brekkie and now I'm in work and just ate 4 cream crackers and 1 sl easi single. The cream crackers have 1.5 syns each so thats 6 syn altogether gone this morning and it's not even lunchtime!! It kills me using syns so early in the day. On the plus side I have promised myslef that I'm going to be more organised in future and not fall into this same situation again.

Didn't make it to Zumba this week but planning an activity filled weekend with my 2 little people so hopefully that will show on the scales next week.

I'm really aiming for a 2.5 lb loss this week to being me down to the 13's. That would be a nice little boost :)

Oh and I got my first half stone sticker too :happy036:

When is your WI day Tigger? Good luck with it :)

Hi Lola

I have just been reading your tread and can fully relate - keep up the good work you are doing so well!
I am currently doing WW and have been for about a year and on and off only lost 8lbs (argh). I am thinking of joining SW next week and giving this a go. I', 5ft 6 also but around 15 11 so I really need to get a grip. I dont cook a lot of meals from scratch but eat say gammon, bacon etc - do you find you can manage your days without having to cook main meals from scratch everyday as I know you must be busy being a mum of two!
Cheers
Tina
PS I am a cream cracker fiend too lol :)

HI Tina, welcome :)

Oh i definitely recommend SW, I did WW so many times and never managed a decent loss on it. SW is so different and so much easier especially being a mum! You can batch bake most of the meals and then just portion them out and throw them in the freezer for days you don't have time to cook.
You will be so suprised at the versitility of the food you can eat on SW, it is all about being prepared though and I'm not one to preach on that lol.

You should def go to group next week and see what you think of it. You will be pleasantly suprised! It's not actually even really like a diet, more a new way of doing things! I wasn't really into cooking from scratch before either but now I actually enjoy it :)

WI is Monday! Not going great this week, well yesterday and tuesday were slightly bad but im not expecting a big loss this week, hopefully 1lb off though? At my mum and dads this weekend and need to really focus and be good! X

anything as long as it's not a gain eh :) .... I'm just gonna try and take it one day at a time otherwise it's all so daunting!!!

Thanks Lola
I am definately going to give it a go - looking on the web now at classes looking like a Monday or Tuesday evening at the mo. Keep up the good work and let us know how you ar egeting on and I will do likewise lol x

Thanks Audrey - just have to try and keep at it now! :)

So managed to stay within my syn allowance for yesterday even witha friend calling over for coffee last night! Coffee is always connected to a munch as well so had a small yellow snack bar for 6 syns instead of a full size chocolate bar, which is what my friend opted for. Wasn't as bad as I thought ha!

Was peckish just before I went to bed but a friend of mine, who is an Ultra Marathon runner, once told me that your body doesn't need food to sleep so just headed up the stairs and slept the peckishness off ha!

Brekkie this morning was a Hi Fi Bar (part of HEB) and a coffee and a slice of ham!! Might not be everyones cup of tea but I have such a savoury tooth and really struggle with breakfast as I'm not very hungry first thing! I have brought 2 eggs which I'm going to scrambe at 11.30 am and then for lunch I have some left over bolognese from last nights dinner.

Dinner this evening is roast chicken and veg, SW style so will be yummy!

I have to keep reminding myself to drink water though!!!

I`ve been rubbish with remembering to up the water intake so downloaded an app this morning lol.

I`m the opposite of you Lola in the mornings I`m ravenous!

Audrey x

Back