Lolas Lose it Diary!

Lolagirl80

Hi everyone!

so i've taken the bull by the horns and i'm doing SW (Again!) about 3 years ago now i successfully slimmed down from 13st 10lb to 11st and then i found out i was pregnant! i had my little girl after gaining an impressive 5st 3 years ago and since then the lowest i have got down to is 13st 3lb and i currently weigh in at 15st 9lb - so not far off my 9 months pregnant weight.

Over the past few years i have tried everything, lighter life, cambridge, slim fast all quick loss diets whihc do work but my problem is i LOVE eating and i need to remember that 1lb off a week is 52lb in a year! and if i'd have done this 3 years ago that would have been 156 off!!!

So today is the first day of the new me!

I cant afford to go to classes etc at the moment so i am following the old style green and red principles which worked well for me before but if i get anything wrong please let me know!

Lola x

Monday - Red Day

Brekkie: Strawberries, Banana, Red Grapes, Tesco Orange Low fat yogurt (these used to be 3 syns so will go with that for now)

Snacks: Rest of Strawberries and Red Grapes

Lunch: Turkey breast, Ham, Spring onions, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Mushroom Stir fry, Tuna steak, soy sauce

Snack: Options hot choc sachet (1.5 syns)

Total syns for the day: 4.5 syns

hi lola! your doing great so far. i only know extra easy..cant seem to get my head around red and green days at all. oh well. looking forward to reading your diary in future x

so i've just had a peppermint tea as the office is freezing today and nearly finished off the punnet of red grapes and my body is saying the words eat carbs!!! am hoping the salad i plan to eat at 12 keeps them at bay for a while!!

well if you give in to carbs dont lok at it as a failure, just call it an extra easy day. as long as you stay focused you wont. is red aand grren carbs one day then protein the next?

OMG so day 1 turned into a food -a-thon!!! i think i went over syns or anything it just seemed like i didnt stop eating - all day!!!
so this is how mondays menu really looked!

Monday - Red Day

Brekkie: Strawberries, Banana, Red Grapes, Tesco Orange Low fat yogurt (these used to be 3 syns so will go with that for now)

Snacks: Rest of Strawberries and Red Grapes

Lunch: Turkey breast, Ham, Spring onions, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes

Snack: boiled eggs and smoked salmon

Dinner: Mushroom Stir fry with soy sauce and chilli flakes served with a egg omlette with cheese (HEA1) and ham

Snack: semi skimmed milk (HEA2) and 2 x alpen light bars (HEB1)

so HEB2 but to be honest after all this i was stuffed - not surprisingly!!!

SO have woken up today feeling a lot lighter but i do feel hungry!!! so i'm going for a green day today and heres the plan - will update tomorrow to see if this is what i really did eat!!!

Tuesday - Green Day

Brekkie : Strawberries, Banana, Red Grapes, Tesco Peach Low fat yogurt (these used to be 3 syns so will go with that for now)

Lunch: Batchelors pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli

Snacks: red grapes

Dinner: Quorn mince with chopped tomatoes, worcester sauce and herbs served with pasta or a jacket pot not decided yet!

Need to have at least HEA and HEB so will either go for a few teas throughout the day and some alpen bars or some weetabix and milk. And i'm sure i'll get hungry and snack on some super noodles or beans at some point as well!

So heres how Tuesday really turned out!!! omg i am eating way to much!!!

Tuesday - Green Day

Brekkie : Strawberries, Banana, Red Grapes, Tesco Peach Low fat yogurt (these used to be 3 syns so will go with that for now)

Snacks: red grapes

Snacks: tea with milk (HEA1) options hot choc (2 syns)

Dinner: Quorn mince with chopped tomatoes, worcester sauce and herbs served with pasta AND jacket potatoe and sweet potatoe wedges with ketchup (3 syns) and cheese (HEA2)

no HEB's but couldnt fit them in but 8 syns

I seriously feel like i'm eating too much but i'm within syns and red and gren days so lets just see how it goes with weigh in on monday.

so heres the plan for Wednesday i can guarantee i'll eat more than this!!!

Wednesday - Green

Brekkie: 2 weetabix (HEB1) and semi skimmed milk (HEA1)

Snacks: Tesco low fat banana yogurt ( 3 syns)

Lunch: Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, boiled eggs, 3 x babybel light (HEA2)

Dinner: Jacket potato cut into wedges and baked served with mushy peas and fry light eggs

soooo hungry again today i dont think i realised before how much rubbish i was eating, cakes, crisps choc etc as my body is clearly craving something!!! so just had a bag of bbq snack a jacks and at 5.5 syns i wasnt that impressed!!! i think salt and vinegar would have been better!!!

arrhh thank you!!!

you've done so well!!! bet you feel great being so close to target!

Thanks!
Lola x

well if you give in to carbs dont lok at it as a failure, just call it an extra easy day. as long as you stay focused you wont. is red aand grren carbs one day then protein the next?

sorry i only just saw this!!! i think your right on days like that i need to used my HEB on potatoes or bread!
This isnt the most in depth explanation but green days are free pasta, potatoes, rice and red days free meat, fish and 2 healthy A's normally dairy focused and 2 healthy B's whihc are bread and pasta/potatoes on a red day and meat/fish on a green day

Lola x

wowsers i am hungry today!!! i know i dont have to watch what i'm etaing as long as its on plan but i have ran out of food at work!!! am going to have tons to eat for dinner tonight - all SW friendly of course!!!

So heres what i ended up eating yesterday....

Wednesday - Green
Brekkie: 2 weetabix (HEB1) and semi skimmed milk (HEA1)
Snacks: Tesco low fat banana yogurt ( 3 syns)
Lunch: Salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, boiled eggs, 3 x babybel light (HEA2)
Snacks: Bag of snack a jacks bbq (5.5 syns)
Dinner: Jacket potato and sweet potatoes cut into wedges and baked served with mushy peas and 3 fry light eggs, tons of ketchup at least (6 syns worth)
About 15 syns for the day

okay plan for the rest of the week is cut down on salt - i add tons of salt to my food and its not good for weight loss and i hold a ton of water from eating it so for the rest of the week (gulp!!) i will not add any salt to my food other than soy sauce if i have a stirfry!!

So plan for thursday is.....

Thursday - Red Day

Breakfast: Tea with 2 small sugars (2 syns) and milk from HEA1 will use rest of the milk in an options tonight. bowl of strawberries topped with a tesco orange yogurt (3 syns)
Lunch: Salad leaves, pickled onions, cherry tomatoes, turkey breast, 3 babybel lights (HEA2)
Dinner: Gammon steak, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green beans, gravy made with granules (3 syns to be safe!)
Snack: options (2 syns) and use rest of milk from HEA1 will also have 2 alpen light bars as (HEB1)

10 syns

Am really struggling to have my 2 HEB's at the mo maybe will have a jacket potato with my dinner.

okay plan for the rest of the week is cut down on salt - i add tons of salt to my food and its not good for weight loss and i hold a ton of water from eating it so for the rest of the week (gulp!!) i will not add any salt to my food other than soy sauce if i have a stirfry!!

So plan for thursday is.....

Thursday - Red Day

Breakfast: Tea with 2 small sugars (2 syns) and milk from HEA1 will use rest of the milk in an options tonight. bowl of strawberries topped with a tesco orange yogurt (3 syns)
Lunch: Salad leaves, pickled onions, cherry tomatoes, turkey breast, 3 babybel lights (HEA2)
Dinner: Gammon steak, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green beans, gravy made with granules (3 syns to be safe!)
Snack: options (2 syns) and use rest of milk from HEA1 will also have 2 alpen light bars as (HEB1)

10 syns

Am really struggling to have my 2 HEB's at the mo maybe will have a jacket potato with my dinner.

just had some squares gave away a few to make them 5 syns! need to not go to crazy on syns everyday as i'm not managing to eat both my HEB's but am managing syns so think i need to swap syns for HEBS!

so i didnt eat anything else yesterday!

heres the plan for today!!

Friday - Green

Brekkie: Tesco low fat orange yogurt (3 syns) and a banana

Snack: tea with milk from HEA1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Snacks:Shapers crisps and a finger of fudge (10 for both oops!)

Dinner: fat free sweet chilli batchelors supernoodles, vegetable stirfry, mushrooms, soy sauce and crushed chilli flakes

Total syns for the day - 15 - must stop at that!

Last edited:
omg what a weekend!!! i am going to be completely honest and write it all down!

Saturday - Green

Brekkie: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread (2 x HEB) spread (2 syns) marmite, sugar (2 syns) milk (from HEA1)

Snacks: teas with milk from rest of HEA

Lunch: Jacket potatoes, beans, cheese (HEA2) salad leaves, cherry tomatoes

Dinner: pasta, quorn mince, chopped toms, worcester sauce

And this is where it went wrong on Saturday.... a bottle of wine (24 syns) snack a jacks (5.5 syns)

Sunday - Red

Brekkie - Tea with milk from HEa1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Snacks - 2 x Tea with milk from HEa1 and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Lunch: 2 x wholemeal bread (Heb1 and 2) spread (3 syns) bacon, eggs, ketchup (3 syns)

Snack: a few bites of cake (3 syns)

Dinner: minced beef, chopped toms, worcester sauce

uh oh and here it comes again... Bag of steak mcoys, bag of salt and vinegar crisps, bottle of wine, small choc bar i'm guessing 70+ syns!

i dont know what came over me seriously?!?! and the day before weigh in - silly Lola!!!!

so weigh in day and i really need to be good his week i cant believe i was so silly this weekend but the good news is.....

i lost 4lbs this week!

So a new week...

Monday - Red

Brekkie: 4 slices of nimble wholemeal (HEB1 and 2) spread (4 syns) marmite, tea with milk from HEA1 will have the rest in a hot choc later and 2 sugars (2 syns)

Snack: strawberries, grapes, banana, weight watchers lemon and lime yogurt (i think free!)

Lunch not sure yet

Dinner: Salmon steak with stirfry veg and soy sauce and chilli flakes

Snack: options hot choc (2 syns)

8 syns

Back